Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Ansel seems to work nicely:
    [​IMG]

By the way, I think all the custom male options look hideous in this. Female options aren't much better either but at least the first preset head looks decent.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well, I bought it and it's downloading now at 30MB/s. After not having any Mass Effect for years, I just couldn't stop myself. :)

If it's as bad as many people say, then I will simply get a refund from Origin. I hope not though, as I have fond memories of the Mass Effect series and I hope this game rekindles some of them at the very least.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    SJW stuff has been occurring in video games for several years now, and it's been in practically all of the Bioware games to a degree. There is no escape from it, as most game developers are liberal types.

Being on the conservative side myself, I learned to ignore it a long time ago.

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    So, when game is white male only cast do you switch to annoyed whining mode, crying about men pushing white male supremacy agenda?

Yep... So how's it different when game has female majority, etc?

I love how gamers are so fragile that when something changes from how they perceive things should go, they go all political: "There must be agenda somewhere here, must be, cannot be like this without agenda."

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How far are you into the game?

I think it has more to do with the people at Bioware and the kind of talk we hear about these days. Hardly anyone cared about Life is Strange, ROTR, or Horizon.

6. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Seriously? Comments like this are a reason why I dont really care about anything that Most people from nordic countries say about Immigration, Politics, Social issues or Israel.

Video games are Commercial products that manufactured in the WESTERN countries. They make most of their money from USA/EU sales, so seeing non white people should be more WTF moment than not seeing white people.

As far as men go, we are the majority of customers, and i know i know im sure youll point me to some BS poll that has more women playing videos games or something like that, but playing 5 minutes of angry birds doesn't make you a gamer or AAA games buyer, console and PC gamers are mostly men (well and Boys but whatever).
    This is economical side of things, you need to know your market.

From social side of things, its rather simple: men build our world, there is no arguments about that, take any country, look at the last 2000 years of history, people of science, politics, warriors, doctors etc etc over 90% males probably over 95%.

Every time feminists get blamed for wanting more privilege, they quick to say that hur dur "feminism is for equality of all", so is it or isn't? Based on this game its for sure isn't.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Can we please stop this pointless "feminism" "SJW" babble? It doesn't have anything to do with the game, and is becoming far too big or a part of this thread when it has no place in it.

8. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    So far I encountered 2 bugs.
    1. When I was driving in the first open world, my car suddenly disappeared and re-spawned in the first area you enter near your parked space ship and my team did exit animation, like if we exited the car.
    2. When loading save file I got corporation something error and the game quit.

3. Meet Peebe, the first Asari male.

9. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb

Sure thing.

P.S. Guys, if Anyone finds a way to enable Dolby Vision, please share.

10. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Anyone playing in 4K?

You see my spec on the left, Im using LG OLED as monitor, been playing in 4K with HDR.
    changed all settings to ultra, beyond the ultra preset, the game does 30fps so like a console just with superior graphics, started to tweak resolution scale, found sweet spot at 70% (4.1Mpx) the game looks smooth, antialisied with no aliasing at non transparent objects, basically feels like 4K and runs 50-60 fps

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All I can find is nvidia's 378.92 drivers supporting it provided you have a screen that also supports it. Check if it is enabled in your TV. You might also need the creator's update because I've read that it adds support for HDR on PC but don't quote me on that.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/wi...nhancements-coming-windows-10-creators-update

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well so far, I don't regret buying the game at all. Runs at 1440p maxed out at 60 FPS for the most part, with a few dips. More importantly though, it runs very smooth with triple buffered Vsync enabled.

The whole animation thing seems really overblown and nowhere near as bad as what's been portrayed. I haven't noticed any glitches at all, but then again, I didn't buy it on launch day either, so perhaps a few patches have fixed or optimized a few things since then.

Graphics is really amazing though. This incarnation of the Frostbite 3 engine is a HUGE leap over what we've seen from previous games that used the engine like BF4, DAI etcetera. There is a big increase in the amount of dynamic lighting and shadows for instance, and the textures look awesome for such a large semi-open world title.

Game also seems to be very RAM hungry. I would not recommend playing this game with less than 12GB if you want to avoid glitches, stuttering and slowdowns. In fact, I think it's possible that a large majority of the animation glitches could be caused by lack of RAM, since all of the animations are stored in RAM.

Although the game lists 8GB of RAM as the minimum, from the research that I've done, it seems that 8GB is not enough to ensure problem free gaming. People with 8GB are experiencing slowdowns and stuttering after playing for a length of time for instance, due to overreliance on the page file.

The greatly increased RAM usage is probably due to the more aggressive streaming system that they have compared to previous Frostbite 3 titles, in addition to the size and scope.

13. RaynerJa

RaynerJa Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Funny you say that because the quest of the pan in tw3 has more atmosphere than MEA entirely, not to mention more emotion, expressions, animations, etc...

14. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I have that driver, HDR works fine (and worked fine before the latest driver), but I want Dolby Vision, its better, OLED supports both.
    Some people say that it might not be supported by ME yet

15. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I play Open world games only when im forced to.
    IMO W2 was a better game than W3 (except some stupid multi layered bosses like that squid in W2, STUPID), I actually finished W2 so it says a lot.

Im also all for Linear games

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    yeah.. don't forget that's its your own opinion. btw, did you finish the game ( Andromeda ) cause you'r certain it lacks atmosphere and stuff.. ?

im around 18 hours in it, and its very good so far. the Witcher 3 is amazing,
    and the game was full with bugs in its early stages. im around .. 18-19 hours in Andromeda and having a BLAST. i did encounter a strange terrain bug, but nothing critical.

in the end there's a good chance i will say the game is not at the original
    trilogy levels, but its still great so far.. so.. keep bashing it, its your own
    loss.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  17. Don't bother, we already know that...

18. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    yap. people know **** today before they even play an hour in it. based
    on some cut scenes, some goofy animations and not so likable characters based
    on trailers and YouTube streamers. that's what makes it even funnier.. the entire trial - was good. nothing amazing.. but still, good.. enjoyed it.
    started the game, and it only got better and better. what the hell all
    those people talk about... where the hell are all the game breaking bugs ?
    some conversations are meh.. most of em are FINE.

having a BLAST guys. will give ya my final feedback in a few weeks
    probably.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I will say, as a fan of the series, even with the rough animations and stilted dialog, I am still very curious about the game.
    Those things alone do not a bad game make. So, it's still possible that there's a good Mass Effect experience in there.

But, until I start hearing some really positive feedback from people further into the game, it's going to sit in my "wait for a sale" list.

20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    if you count the bad opinions in this topic ( most of em didn't play the game ),
    and the positive feedback ( few people ) you make your math, and the
    conclusion is that people here came to complain about the game without
    playing it. from streaming, from angry reviewers.. and so on.
    keep bashing it ;/ its a one way topic, guys that enjoy the game have
    no reason to participate.. so im taking what i said back ;/ bash away.
    gonna move on to other topics in the site, cya guys.