The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Your welcome , if you need more help or info do not hesitate to ask on this thread , we are here to help out each other as this is all new to us AM4 platform and Ryzen 7 CPUs.

Regards: Chispy

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Actually stands for the RGB Light version of the ram.

3. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Is it normal that my vcore voltage can go up to 1.55v with default settings?

Should I unplug extra 4 pin on the motherboard?

Some people said it's causing some instability to his system
    while Raja@ASUS said it does not make any different.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That must be it, mine don't light up.

So far i have gotten it to the timing it's supposed to be, but at 2666Mhz

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys i'm currently working on the memory overclocking guide , just a heads up SK Hynix Dual rank ( Dual Side ) memory it's a hard nut to crack :/ . I'm doing my best to get it running as high as i can and as tight as it will go. Will post my results later today , stay tuned.

If you are planning to buy memory for your Ryzen 7 CPUs please do yourself a favor , buy Samsung B-die Single Rank Memory , i will explain later why.

Regards: Chispy

6. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Thanks... ^_^

How do I know it's Samsung B-Die and it's Single Rank one?

P.S. I'm planning to sell off my current Corsair one and getting
    Is G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C15D-16GTZB (8GBx2 3200Mhz CL15)
    a Samsung B-Die Single Rank one?

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Download cpu-z here - http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Run the program and click on the tab SPD , select slot where you have memory installed Slot #1 or Slot #2 , if it says next to Ranks Dual it is SK Hynix. If it says Single Ranks it is Samsung. Please look at the picture i provided below , that's my SK Hynix memory and it reads: Ranks Dual. Please post a picture here on this thread of that same cpu-z tab of your memory configuration to make sure what type of memory you are running.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well that's it for tonight testing :/ , due to the long hours testing many settings cas latency combinations , different voltages and many blue screens , in my quest to find the best memory timings and speed for SK Hynix memory my OS windows 10 is corrupted beyond repair. I managed to save some of the work i did on a usb stick. I need to re-install windows to continue the memory testing , but that will have to wait until tomorrow , going to bed now i need some rest.

In the mean time guys do me a favor and fill out this form from Asus R&D Elmor to get support and include better compatibility with memory in the next bios updates. If you fill out this form the chances are very high that your current memory will be supported on future bios updates from Asus , thank you.

For Asus ROG Crosshair VI owners:
    --------------------------------

Please fill out this form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...xyb-eDVePJv9TF4B77z871v6kTGQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Thread is located here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

9. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    It's Hynix after all.

btw.. Do you connect your extra 4 pin?

[​IMG]

10. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Done.. ^_^

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    -delete

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Anyone with an ASUS Prime X370-Pro, what bios did your board come with? If it came with version 0404 did you have any trouble booting? Reason for asking is that have read a few posts elsewhere where individuals were not able to boot with bios version 0404. Plus ASUS originally listed version 0502 as being the first version to support Ryzen but currently states 0404 is the first version for support.

13. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    Is there some AIO cooler seen as way ahead of the others?

I'm having a hard time finding any more recent cooler comparison charts, and I know it doesn't really matter a ton but I especially can't find any comparing on the Ryzen, which I'd like to see because of the temp offset.

To reitterate my situation for others: I currently have an h110 (the older variant, non-i), and whilst waiting for the am4 bracket to arrive I'm considering purchasing a different cooler which is already compatible.

14. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Mine came with 502. ASUS's Prime X370 page list only two BIOS versions - 0502 and 0504. (It took a very long time to boot the first time)

15. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    So I've only had the Prime and the ASRock Professional but on both of those I had the same issue, anyone else noticing longer POST times on these AM4 boards?

Coming from lga 1155, post times are significantly longer at least, maybe it just feels longer because the rest of the system boots up a lot faster, haven't recorded times just going by eye.

16. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Post time does feel very slow on AM4 systems. Bios flashing takes a lot of time too. I haven't been able to get the Internet flashing working ... yet.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I would strongly advise against using the internet for flashing Bios , as i already have heard of many boards bricking in the process of doing so. Instead do flash it from inside the Bios and use a usb flashdrive with the bios to be flashed on it , it is the safest way to flash a Bios , just a word of caution.

Regards: chispy

18. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Just picked up a 1700x from Newegg with a $30 off promocode. MSI x370 Pro Carbon to go with it. Just need to decide on memory. :)

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Please make sure you buy Samsung B-die single rank memory and not Hynix dual rank , Hynix memory it's very problematic due to been dual sided dual rank memory. Enjoy your new rig and post , share your results and findings here :thumbup:. I hope you get a good 1700x , let us know.

Regards: chispy

20. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Thanks for the tip on the memory, will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.