Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. OK this is the last nail in Andromeda's coffin...
    I've just listened to the full OST, which is nowhere near to original Mass Effect. They didn't even try to keep the original theme. Completely generic, uninspiring, dull...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jp5Voi7cjI

Thanks to Andromeda I've realized how good the original ME was... CDPR should buy the ME IP from EA. That is the only hope...

2. Well Octopuss... guess we'll just have to be at an impasse on this one.

3. Hully

Hully Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC
  4. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    kotaku employs mentally challenged writers who only accept part of the facts, eh?

5. Certhrin

Certhrin Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 XTREME
    youtube.com/watch?v=AriDHk9TB0U

A summary of everything that was probably written about ME:A stuff.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Agreed ^

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes. I'm fully aware of what a "leader" is and what they should do. But, being a lead animator does not mean they are the only one responsible.

While they are the lead of their specific area, there are still people above them that are supposed to approve, check and question their work to make sure if is up the level of quality the product is shooting for.
    They had listed themselves as lead facial animator. That person still has an animation department lead to answer to. Plus a project lead. And various other supervisors in between.

You are taking the word "leader" to mean that that person is in complete control and as if they answer to no one. Which is not how game design works.
    Being a lead in a smaller area of one department only means just that. And animation departments are broken down to many areas, all with supervisors and major department leads above them.

The blame for ME:A's awful animation quality falls on everyone.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  9. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    It's overly childish and sad. Yes it's disappointing, given the high expectations of the game.

But, to attack someone verbally like that... it's just pathetic.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's one of the main reasons im a single player gamer, I like my games but i dont want much to do with other gamers as many as just rejects or total scum.

12. It is stupid, it is pathetic... It is going to be worse. When I was young internet forums were full of professionals or extreme enthusiasts. Discussions had some depth. Now, after 20 years, it is full of *******s, kids, and knowitalls. Internet is spreading, so quality is getting worse. Learn to live with that, or stop using internet...

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    It's why I mainly only stick with the same people I've been talking/chatting with online since 2003 or so.

I tend to avoid most online communities/forums like a virus.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It's pretty weird what people get themselves to do. If a game failed to live up to my expectations I would never think of personally attacking any developers.
    I might express my disappointment on a forum like this one and move on. Like an adult.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    I really don't get why people think cussing and yelling at individuals that work on a project is the right thing to do.

As you said, it's perfectly fine to be disappointed in something when it falls short in one aspect or another. But, why do some people feel that gives them the right to act in such mindless, vulgar ways?
    There is an overwhelming lack of maturity and intelligence, which is being shown to full effect right now.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol ... it's better than those forcefields from star trek :p The scope is really weird though. It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish all this given that this engine powers Battlefield of all things.

Don't rely on the reviews, this is going to be like ghostbusters now that they're using the sexist gamergater lines to deflect criticism.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Many gamers aren't adults though, these days everyone with access to the internet gets an opinion so we have to listen to the rants of children and even worse hormonal teenagers.
    There is also a lot of loser angry adults who in real life don't have a voice, but excel online.

That's why we have so much creepy perving over cg women stuff.

These are the sort of saddos who take games and movies too serious.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh those types will buy the game anyway and try to stream for money or whatever. Why bother lol.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Look, you are a famous scumbag now: http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647
    :heh:

Expect a flood of hate messages from SJWs.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, if anything, it's gotten me to return to the original series.
    I reinstalled ME 1 through 3 a few days ago, and started a brand new game in Mass Effect last night.

So, this will keep me more then busy for some time.