Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.2 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Mar 15, 2017.

1. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    This is now the 3rd driver I have clean installed (DDU) with the question "How do I use Chill?" Because I enabled it in the global but there is no chill settings in any of the games. How do I know if its on?

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

Not directed at you...but why would you want to use a high end piece of hardware and then limit performance with software?

Yes the 290 are heaters...had 2 of them...

Call me stupid but I am just not getting this? I understand the few cents of electricity savings but dang I really do not get it?

Or did I misread everything?

/edit if I remember correctly chill is only available if you if you turn off crossfire...which goes back to why I do not understand people wanting this if using crossfire.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I thought I had seen benchmarks where it did better with chill on. But my 290X gets pretty hot these days. Maybe the fan is bad or something now, but when I play games I'm seeing 85-90c. I cleaned the gpu, but yea its getting pretty hot. Probably because a single 290X maxing games at 1440p is hard on it. Most games I play are actually doing fine on 1440p max settings. So yea I have no FPS drops in most games, I figured chill could help the heat.

4. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    Very bad driver for Forza Horizon 3, got glitches on cut scens,bad focus in garage and very long first loading ~ 4 minutes!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back to 17.3.1 and everything back to normal state.:banana:

@wotan are you udating from 17.3.1 or clean install with ddu??

5. wotan

wotan Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 390Pcs+8GB
    I dont have this Problems...works fine with my R9 290TriX and 17.3.2

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I remember my 290s getting very hot at one point and I did have them overclocked. Not sure if you have cleaned the old thermal paste off and used new paste but I did get a nice drop in temps.

THe bigger thing I ended up doing was the red mod with a spare AIO CPU cooler I had laying around. My red mod was just a straight bolt on as everything matched up this gave a much larger drop in temp under load.

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There is the weird issue with older GCN cards, that no one could forsee what they could do at the time of manufacturing, and their cooling systems are inadequate.

8. Starks

Starks Guest

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    Latest on a 7730M

DirectX 11 multi-thread
    541 021 Draw calls per second
    DirectX 11 single-thread
    673 158 Draw calls per second
    DirectX 12
    4 047 335 Draw calls per second
    Mantle
    3 882 663 Draw calls per second

9. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I have some small stutter in games, rolling back to previous drivers is not helping, maybe it's the latest windows 10 update?

10. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    I got the same artifacts. Clean install after DDU. These drivers just break FH3 for our cards.

11. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Probably, but doesn't seem to be anything in the KB release notes regarding DX11 and/or DX12.. It's MS, who knows.. :banana: Only DX11 seems to be affected with this drop on my end.

Haven't played this weekend; will report back if I face any stuttering.
    What games did you try?

12. Swagata

Swagata Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    getting >5 minutes loading in forza horizon 3 with some black spots. people say it could be this driver. can it be ? what is the best driver for r9 290 ?

13. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Random crashes in DE:MD DX12.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Wasn't DX:MD like this anyway with DX12?

15. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I can't speak for everyone, but DX:MD worked well for me in DX12. Small performance increase, stability was comparable to DX11 when I played. Haven't tried it recently.

The Division also had a small performance increase for me and remained stable. Recently it started crashing whenever I try to run DX12 in Fullscreen, but I think that's an issue with the game itself rather than the drivers.
    Similarly, recently BF1 started crashing very quickly in DX12 + fullscreen, and crashed slightly slower (but still in the menus) in DX12 + windowed. Don't know if thats the drivers or the game.

Edit: Tried BF1 with DX12 with drivers 16.11.5 and it still crashed. Guess that's not the drivers.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017

16. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Not a perfect implementation, but I played the main story without a single crash after the DX12 release. I reinstalled it 3 days ago to play a criminal past and system rift and sometimes it freezes or exit to desktop without a single message.

17. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
  18. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    seem working fine with my 380

19. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    edit: anyone has experienced issues with rise of tomb raider? seems work fine but after 10 minutes fps drops from 45 to 25 and then a black flash on the screen appears, the game doesn't crash but after that seems it runs slowly about 35fps and then after some time another black screen appear just one second or so

20. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I don't know if it's related to the 390 or simply older cards in general. I've talked with a developer for the game on the CTE subreddit and he gave me a few steps to try, but those didn't work for me. They're aware that the game crashes in DX12 for a lot of people, so the issue is most likely game-related and not drivers-related.