MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Because 93C is NOT a critical fan speed activation and NOT a thermal shutdown threashold for this GPU. And you've got exactly the same answer in similar thread, which you created in OC.net. If you carefully read the answers given to you on this subject on different forums instead of your endless "AAA! My card almost burned by this unsafe thing!" song, you could collect a lot of useful knowledge.
    And btw, what you do is unfair. So I stop wasting work time on your questions here. Return back to forum when your attitude changes and you stop being attacking annoyed child.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. PeterMac

PeterMac Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Nobody give my any right correct answer for this problem, I found it itself how to solve this, but even that this is not correct as should be with this software, sorry this is my opinion, you can not agree with me.
    If someone do not mark this option "Apply overclocking at system startup" will be have same situation as I had, everytime after logout. I don't thing that is normal.
    Also I tried yesterday AB on different friend computer also with GTX 1070 card, same situation so please do not tell me that I'm annyoing child. Trust me I old pc user which can see what is right what is no correct at all in software.
    I'll be grateful if you check this itself if you can and don't want waste your time anymore.

3. Unwinder

You may try to crank voltage in AB to maximum on multiple machines and get absolutely reproducible crashes on each of them, which doesn't make it bugged or unsafe. You can press hardware <Reset> button on each PC during OS runtime and reproduce FAT32 data and filesystem corruption, which doesn't make <Reset> bugged or unsafe. Exactly the same, you may terminate ANY process (do you understand the meaning of ANY word?) performing software fan control at the moment and it will NOT allow it to reenable auto fan control due to lack of proper application termination, and it will happen any time as well.
    Bug in each of those cases is located in activity of user. I cannot fix your knowledge and your activity, it is up to you.

4. PeterMac

PeterMac Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    What do you talking about user activity and knowledge what has that got to do with this ?

Application CANNOT change anything itself without my knowledge, for me it's simple, no matter what I doing, restart, logout, shutdown.

I leave this function "Auto" ON, logout/login and should stay ON, no matter if this option "Apply overclocking at system startup" is activated or no activeted. That's my opinion, and I'm sure most people agree with me, I'm sure you not.

5. Unwinder

Application CANNOT end all the tasks job properly if you kill the process. Physically cannot. Task manager is giving you warnings on attempts to do so FOR REASON.
    Start thinking, stop spanming here and learn pc usage basics. I'm not your school teacher. And I'd like to avoid trying to help you then seeing like you spread insulting LIE in other forums. Help and educate yourself. Your next posts here will be deleted.

6. PeterMac

PeterMac Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    When Logout task manager not giving me any warnings about killing apps/process.

I LIE for what ? please.

OK no more post from me if you think that I'm spamming here. I wanted to help to improve this software to no one have same situation as I had, looks like we have different point of view, thanks anyway for conversation.

7. Unwinder

"he not want to hear anything bad about this software, for him everything is fine, even if someone card almost fry cause by this software."

That is lie, and really sad one considering that I spend last 20 years of my life here on almost daily basis improving the application, providing end user support and solving REAL application issues in MY FREE TIME.
    Bye.

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Even with latest 7.0.0 beta 3 i can't have voltage for my RX480 set to 1.175V under load with afterburner having voltage slider set to max. This is only possible when i set it with Wattman.
    I guess that this does mean that wattman global settings override afterburner settings? at least for voltage settings.
    Not that i will use this nonstop, but i was wondering what is going on with voltage setting :)

9. Unwinder

7.0.0 b3 is a version OSD server. It has no relation to overclocking and hardware control. It is AB's job, not RTSS's one.
    And no, it doesn't mean that Wattman settings override AB's one or vice versa. It means that you're confusing voltage SMC offset applied via AB (which is not supposed to result setting _static_ voltage) with absolute voltage you're defining with Wattman.

10. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Hi Unwider, not sure if you considered a suggestion that I left here.
    But Fraps is really getting outdated and don't support Vulkan or DX12 APIs and even worse if we consider UWP, I use it mainly for making logs of the framerate.

That feature is available too on MSI Afterburner, altough it gets a little hard to use because we can't define a hotkey for start/stop logging.
    There are games that don't like too much alt+tab either.

So do you think you can add a hotkey for start and stop logs in a future version of MSI AB or is it asking too much?

11. Unwinder

12. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Curious thing is that, you posted that yesterday :)
    But, in quick answer, yes I would love to see that, I do a lot of FPS Registering and a benchmark and hotkey would without a doubt being very helpful, fraps don't support the latests APIs, and MSI is now almost supporting everything
    (Well Dota II OSD didn't worked for me with vulkan, but I didn't cared), so it would be the perfect benchmark tool.

Cheers and thanks..

13. Neto

Neto Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 gaming
    Is it possible to include the "apply" button in the settings window?. The current "help" button has no use and is disabled. It would be very useful to apply successive changes without having to leave the settings window every time you press the "OK" button.

14. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Does anyone knows workaround for OBS and Riva?
    I use 660Beta1. I have a game in borderless fullscreen under D3D11, I use Riva to limit fps to 80, OSD disabled. If RTSS server is up OBS displays black screen (only audio), if I shutdown Riva and Afetrburner - alle good.

15. Unwinder

OBS forum is better place to ask. I cannot guess why third party application display black screen I'm afraid.

16. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    The RTSS properties OSD preview view doesn't zoom for me, and never has. At least I assume the rectangle is supposed to represent the whole display. For me, it's just 1:1 the pixels in the corner. The OSD is way off the preview by the time I get it to my preferred (1281,1) position.

It's easy to demonstrate using the new "capture screenshot" functionality of the preview while on the desktop:

[​IMG]

Note the "60" OSD mark being almost half-way the preview window even with the x-coordinate only being 101.

17. Unwinder

And never had to. Context help is saying that it is 1:1 pixel cords and real size OSD preview representing the corner of screen rather than whole display area. It is aimed to allow precise visual per-pixel OSD positioning in desired corner rather than rough positioning, which you'll get if you try to fit whole display there.

18. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Ah, got it, thanks. Might I suggest a different wording for the hint? The meaning is not apparent, and I only now understand it that you explained it to me. Something like:

Separate from that, I have a few ideas:

1) make OSD positioning relative (% of screen) in order to make the positioning work similarly regardless of the display resolution being used;

2) make OSD font sizes relative to vertical display resolution (same reason);

3) allow moving of the OSD while in-game - this could be used to tune the OSD position around game UI elements. Currently you need to Alt-Tab out of the game to do it, and some games don't like that. Maybe add an RTSS settings toggle that enabled/disabled this, in order to avoid unneeded hotkey collisions - you really only need this functionality rarely.

19. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    I already use this, just make your game use frameless window instead of fullscreen. Now you can have RTSS on top of your game and position OSD right.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    2) Not a fan of this idea, maybe as an option. I've used AB OSD more than a hundred times to see that I'm not actually running in a proper resolution at the moment - from the size of the characters.

3) Setup a hotkey which will turn it on and off whenever you like. I usually have it off by default and turn it on via a hotkey only when needed. No issues with OSD hiding UI elements this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.