The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
  2. zumara

zumara Guest

GPU:
    gtx1070
    Hello,
    I am new to the oc world i want to buy ryzen 1700 and oc him to sweet spot daily use .
    planing on gigabyte x370g5 h100i cooler, will a simple multiplier to x38 for 3.8Ghz and 1.35V will be stable?or i need to change more to get there?
    thank you

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  3. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Heres the BIOS info at its current defaults:
    [​IMG]

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    59C core temperature reading in bios, is that accurate? ^

5. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    At the moment, there seems to be a miss reporting of info in the bios. Some things arent adding up...

I've even been manually checking the heatsink with my hand and its not warm so i dunno whats happening there lol

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    heatsing not being hot doesn't mean the cpu isn't running hot. It could be not seated correctly, for example, meaning it's not cooling properly and feeling cool to touch. Also, (example) a Noctua NH D15 will feel fairly cool to touch even when cpu is reaching 70C.

7. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Edit: Looks like was the Windows bricked. I have it installed again and all works fine now!

8. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    correct, bios 1.15 from MSI (for B350 Tomahawk) repaired that issue for me. Is now 12°C lower!

9. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Ive noticed tbat my x1800 after coming out of sleep sits @ 3.7ghz for approx 30 seconds, boosts to 4.1ghz for 1 second then drop to its idle state of 2.2ghz.

Does it everytime, im wondering if the cpu is going through some kind of internal clock check, checks it max 'normal' clocks, xfr range and then idles.

Can anyone else confirm this? Im using AMDs Ryzen utility to monitor this.

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Usually in BIOS all power saving features are disabled and due this you will see such high temperatures, with AIO or CLC temps will be higher as well as pump is running in lower speed or level,in my case on H100i I've saw with 4.4GHz 65°C in BIOS and with NH-D15 and 4.5Ghz I've saw 55-60°C as max

But this depends too as well on BIOS and manufacturers of motherboard, because on some Asus you can see lower temps in BIOS and with ASRock you see higher temps like in my case

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

11. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    [​IMG]

Here's a crappy cell phone pic of my new baby's (1700X) first moment in my Biostar X370GT7. I have been working on getting Windows set up and my essential programs etc installed so far. I had some radiator screws arrive in the mail today, so I can add a second fan on my Corsair H60 AiO cooler. As it is now it idles at ~42C both in Bios and Windows (Ryzen Master, HWinfo, and Aida64 Beta edition all show the same temps). It hits 70C+ very fast under a stress test so I need to see how it does with a different fan configuration before running more tests. I also still need to update the Bios, so we'll see how much time I get to play with it this weekend. :nerd:

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    New toys, exciting times! I built my new rig a couple of days ago, was a blast. Enjoy and post further impressions.

13. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Bought a Temporary Aircooler while waiting for the NZXT AM4 Bracket for the NZXT X62..1700x and MSI B350 Tomahawk for our Family PC..:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Initial OC test..At first I had trouble booting when Memory is set higher than 2133..Updated to 1.15 beta bios now can boot to 2666 and 3.8ghz Stable..But the temps are high for the Aircooler..85 degrees when running Cinebench..

I don't know if temp inside windows is accurate..Before I update my Bios to 1.15, the temps inside BIOS hovers at 60-70 degrees..When I updated the temps now hover inside the BIOS around 40's..

CPU-Z Validation: http://valid.x86.fr/x8h4mf

[​IMG]

15. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    you should CHECK your Cooler or if there is still a protective film on it because 85C is way to hot and your score is way to low for it my 1700 even if overclocked never got over 73C and this are the Cinebench results for it (look at the 3 GHZ stock run:
    [​IMG]

16. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm getting a little confused by my temp readings so far. Last night I ran a Cinebench test and hit 71C. This was at stock settings on a Corsair H60 with only 1 fan.

Tonight I put a second fan on the cooler and switched the fans to intake (like the H60's manual recommended). --- I ran Cinebench again and hit 68C this time. The ambient temp was probably 2C or more hotter in the room this time too. Still, Cinebench is a very short test, so I figured something longer would probably hit 80C, which is way to hot for stock settings imo. I ran a 45 minute Aida64 Stability test, which maxes out all 16 threads 100%. It fluctuated between 70-71C for the duration of the test. I verified the temps with AIDA 64, HWInfo and Ryzen Master - all have the same reading.

I need to update my bios tomorrow (hopefully I'll have time) and see if that changes the temp readings any.

17. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    Temps ramp really quickly and really high. At 4.0GHz @ 1.4V I'm getting ~70C just on a Cinebench run with an H100 push/pull. I'm still not sure at this point how accurate these readings are so I'm not worried too much.
    While gaming temps hover around 50-55C so no big deal for now.

Anyway, I think you could dial down your voltage a bit, you should be fine at 3.8GHz with 1.25-1.27V max.

Did you try to run a longer stress test? How high did your temps go?

18. lowrider_05

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    I did run it at 4,02 Ghz for 15 Minutes with aida64 and my max was 73C, i use a Noctua NH D15 with 3 Fans Attached and good Airflow in my case.

19. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    I don't like AIDA64 much for comparisons.. too many variables. Can you test something like 2mins @ P95 or OCCT? And what voltages are you at?

20. lowrider_05

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    There you go:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.