Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah it was pretty fun, and it didn't look like it. But just getting on that horse and pushing for a >3 KDR usually helps to bleed some tickets on that map. Had 12 kills on horse only on that round :D

2. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Hahaha, yeah, that map favors horse warfare. It has some good choke or gathering points you can exploit. Still hate it though :p

3. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    My hate map is Argone Forest... it's WW1's version of CLUSTERF_UCK. Even worse than Metro or Locker imho.

4. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    They need to nerf the horse and rider, I routinely unload a full mag into the rider and he just keeps coming at me....no way is that possible, no way.

5. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Had the same issue since day one. Go to request Ammo or a Medic, the commo rose comes up but I have no options from there. Does not happen all the time but it's frustrating.

6. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    On that we can agree, but we all knew a map like that would exist lol

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe yes absolutely true. Only this time you can use mortars too and get a huge train :D

8. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    At least the train there is actually useful, unlike its sibling at Suez which is just an annoying passerby lol.

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes that train on Suez is just artillery which you can avoid just as much as any tank standing down there or random mortar shots. Not that dangerous. But people on the first turret anyway never figure out to shoot at the tracks to get rid of any mines there... game's out for half a year and they still haven't mastered basic gameplay :D

10. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Exactly, nothing to worry about other than the big mortar turret which still doesnt help alot. And yeah i fell once for that my self. Been very careful ever since when i jump in that train. And basic gameplay is mastered as experiance comes along. The game is still getting new players everyday (hell even BF3/4 still get new players) so it's always half people who know how to play and half who are still learning. Can't really do much about it.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You are right about those new players, it's natural that people start gaming, pick up a game like BF1, and experience their first multiplayer BF fps game. On the other hand...

Usually I have the feeling of playing among chickens. The rare occasions I squad up and use voice com in BF1 usually see your team winning just because of one or two squads having good communication... it's not like people know what to do out of experience in general. Not like they played a BF game before, and honestly, can't tell me that 95% of people playing BF1 on PC have never played BF4, BF3, or even BF2 or 2142 before on the PC :D

12. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    On the other hand you have half a team of veterans of 2-3 or 4 and more BF games who cant PTFO properly still, i get it :p

This game does lack in cummunication, VOIP or written. Unless you join up with friends or something. Also BF1's balance system doesnt really help with that feeling you have. From what i understand it ''balances out'' by sending some ''skilled'' players to the one team with the lowest overall game skill. This results in 2-3 good players carrying the loosing team and the match ending in disaster. Thats why we rarely find matches like the one i took pics off. Also helps explain the feeling of ''playing among chickens'' as you say lol

I always form a squad of my own and go squadleader all the way (MOAR POINTS YO) and give objectives all the time. I might not communicate with VOIP (unless i see someone actually use it) but i try to keep the squad on the move constantly. Keep a sort of flow to my squad's game. Or i'll just use VOIP to motivate the squad...in my language....shouting stuff they cant understand....when in trolling mood.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes you have got a point there. I'm always slightly anxious to read "you were moved to team X because of skill" or whatever it writes on bottom left corner... the only way to escape is try to switch right at the beginning of the round and let the noobs (or less fortunate team) get wrecked. :D

Yes squads and ordering is something people STILL don't get a grasp off... it's free points, and hardly anybody gives orders...

14. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Yeah, you get that ''oh crap'' feeling in your guts when you see it hahaha Team switching is not always the solution though, but it's to anyone's mind to do it or not. I dont do it at all (probably why im at a 6 loses streak now).

It's the simplest thing yet most of people don't do it indeed. Free points, also shows how well you know the game or not. And sometimes you strike lucky wit ha squad that does follow the orders you give or are chatty and fun to play with.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe honestly, I haven't had a squad that follows orders since BF4 (if not playing with my RL friends that is).
    Well with team switching I got to a 5-0 streak the first time playing since 2016 in Overwatch's season break :D

16. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Yeah, it's a rare occasion but it does happen. What i mostly get is teammates who do their own thing, then spam the REQUEST ORDER command because they broke through to a flag other than the one i gave. Well sorry dude, you went off doing your own thing, no extrapoints for you.

Might try too then haha

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yep, that's BF usually, people joining a squad then running off somewhere else and requesting orders just because you don't give it to the single guy all the time. Just be careful as their request starts a timer, if you don't respond (reset your order or a new one) in about a minute or so I think they'll take squad lead ;)

18. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Yeah, no worries i always give an objective haha But thats the thing, people going off doing their own then asking you why you dont give orders. It gets frustrating. Once i was in a squad alone for 3 matches. Then i get a squad boost fro ma battlepack and i locked the squad when i activated. Instantly got messages to unlock the squad and what a prick i was lol Well fellas i was alone this whole time, nope, you're not getting boosted.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh yes I comepletely forgot I can lock my squad, thanks for bringing that up, I received my first XP boost last week ;)

Yeah those people are just nuissances... ignore them till they die (and tap out before the medic gets there, just before he gets there, or before the medic turns around to die still).

20. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    It's a useful feature when you play with firends or just dont want anyone in. Ah that soon? hahahaa better late than never. I just hide the chat when the crying starts and the tears fall. Let em have their fun.