NVIDIA Readies GeForce DirectX 12 Driver, 16% Average Performance Uplift

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by pharma, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Nerboruto

Nerboruto Active Member

GPU:
    p1000@1810mhz
    on gtx 750ti first maxwell with 378.77 drivers
    Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 performance is really poor compared to dx11.
    during the benchmark they seem similar with even minframarate highest
    but in reality while playing the dx11 have a much higher fluidity and much more high framerate.
    I do not think that the new drivers improve the situation.
    but I hope that Nvidia will be able to contradict me.

2. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i suggest u stick with 368.69

3. GooRoo 3D

GooRoo 3D Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX-570 PE-OC x2 SLI
    Manuel G., you've been asked legitimate, pertinent and specific questions concerning the release of the latest official v378.66 GeForce WHQL drivers release. Why are you being so silent towards responding to questions on the status of the many longstanding still unresolved issues for games released within the past six months, and the discovered problems concerning newly released PC games within the last three months?

It's best to keep your following no further than 2-to-4 weeks behind.

Thanks in advance!

4. Nerboruto

Nerboruto Active Member

GPU:
    p1000@1810mhz
    thanks for the tip but for the moment I prefer to play in dx11 with the latest drivers and wait for the release of the famous driver with improved performance for DX12 to see if Nvidia and Microsoft have only made marketing on DX12 ...:nerd:

5. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    rottr uses more vram in dx12 than in dx11 for some reason (bad porting of the api maybe, idk), maybe that's why you are losing performance, on a titan x maxwell i've seen it using 9GB of vram on 1080p with dx12 at full settings meanwhile in dx11 barely past the 5GB

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    First of all, if your game runs better in dx11 than dx12, just play dx11 and stop complaining about it. Not sure why anybody would need to run dx12 just for the sake of it... pick whatever runs better :3eyes:

Sure we all want miracle driver improvements... only that Nvidia was on top of their game already, less room for improvement if you start from the pole position.

Well, I guess he a. can't tell about our questions with certainty, b. he might not be allowed to, c. I'm fairly sure that the guru forum is not the only one he's "monitoring", if he even is, d. people are supposed to buy new GPUs, that's what Nvidia as a business actually wants you to do (especially if you're running 5 year old GPUs). Hence Nvidia won't really fancy fixing things for people that don't spend money on them anymore just for being nice to people. It's a company making business...

7. Nerboruto

Nerboruto Active Member

GPU:
    p1000@1810mhz
    sure.
    In fact, I do not complain of the performance and I enjoy it in dx11.
    mine is just a statement of fact
    namely that the use of DX12 at present in 90% of cases does not result in an increase in performance, and if such increase exists
    It is not what we would have expected ..

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes I can relate, I too was somewhat a victim of dx12 marketing. Turns out it's either not as easy to deliver as they made it look, or, they can't at all if you had a proper dx11 driver and a capable rig.

Didn't want to bash you, it's just I read that "dx12 is not working" stuff everywhere and it's getting kind of old. You're probably right to report it though, or they wouldn't even have a chance to know. Sorry about that Nerboruto

9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    They're available now on nvidia.com

Driver version 378.78 and specifically mentions DX12 optimizations across various titles

10. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Can't find them yet

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  12. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    Thanks you!:) Next time pls start new thread

13. Nerboruto

Nerboruto Active Member

GPU:
    p1000@1810mhz
    I tested the new drivers on my pc configuration
    and I have not seen significant improvements on Rottr during the gameplay.
    probably the game consumes more vram on DX12.
    In the integrated benchmark of the game, the situation seems slightly better.
    In conclusion the dx11 remain more fluid and offer me the chance of fast sync.