GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Photos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Last week Nvidia announced the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti, later this week the review embargo will be lifted. But today we are allowed to show you a few photos....

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Photos

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wow a photos, it looks so much different than other nvidia cards. :D

3. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Water Blocks?

So this would mean that this card with its capabilities of using the TITAN X (P) water blocks is able to use just "ONE" slot in spacing??

I just want to confirm this is just as simple as getting a face plate for the card that has the appropriate cut outs for the specific connections that are in place now.

Just want to confirm this as I'll be buying a few of these bad boys for sure.....that is if I can block them for one slot service.

I'd love to get rid of my four hungry vanilla TITANs and go with two or four of these bad boys. Even though with four of these now I am able to run it all at 4k. Would just love to save a buck or two on some "powah" if possible...

4. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    Like the cleaner backend without the DVI connector but no one seems to be moaning. When Apple took out the 3.5mm audio jack people went bunkers lol

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017

5. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    Sexy!
    Waiting for review!

6. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I feel the same :3eyes:!

7. nuked

nuked Member

GPU:
    NO GPU
    this design ***305; dont like it .. I bet this is gonna 85 degrees at least .. people will wait MSI edit design..

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Most WC block maker have confirmed so... and some have made special WB.

just ask when you have it but it seem so.

9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    "DeskStar So this would mean that this card with its capabilities of using the TITAN X (P) water blocks is able to use just "ONE" slot in spacing??"

I Would assume so, the layout does look similar. though i would wait for WB makers to come out and directly say it just incase.

Though just having 2 of these will be a massive step up from Vanilla Titan, though i'm not sure if the 1080ti can do 3/4 (unless Nvidia are still doing those codes to allow for it) i know the 1080 had a similar sli issue when going past 2 cards.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very different situations. A lot of people are still using wired earbuds and headphones with their phones and sometimes the wireless solution did not work so well. Plus many phones prior to Apple removing the headphone jack had a headphone jack. Plus convince is what people were complaining about. As far as doing a away with the DVI connector people have adapted by upgrading their monitor or using adapters.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Tell that to Porsche.

12. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    This is such a tease! But even then, these numbers will be conservative compared with the retail OC packages. So if these are as good as we hope, and expect, they're still not as good as the end retail product will be.

13. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Yay! Finally got rid of that damn DVI connector.

14. A bit crazy idea but DVI connector might have been removed to improve cooling performance on FE cards. Just have a look at 1080FEs. DVI connector blocks 1/3+ of air flow.

15. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    I always wondered about that, i have two old GTX 570's that have the whole vent open with no DVI port blocking it (as the two DVI ports are on the bottom), i was going to test them with half the vent covered to see if it made a big difference to temps/noise levels but... i seem to have lent my GTX 570's to someone and i cant remember who... so never got around to testing it.

People have stated on these forums in the past that the blower style setups shouldn't be effected much by the blockage, but they have never offered proof or tests to show this.

I'm planning on getting a FE 1080Ti with my new build, so I'm gonna run that test to see if its true or not.

16. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Suprim
    *sniff* *sob* It's so beautiful :wanker:

17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hilbert, release that sweet DX12 performance driver..... Come on we know you have it. :D

18. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    NVIDIA specifically said it was to help improve cooling and that you can either choose to run it cooler at the same noise or to run with a lower fan speed and therefore quieter at the same temps when compared to the last reference cooler.

Since they are kindly including an adapter for those needing DVI this new design looks like a win win to me.