AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Mar 6, 2017.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    EDID override working now?
    CRU functionality OK?

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    if I change clocks speed in trixx or after burner. my display starts flicking with any activity, mouse movements keyboard, harddisk.

but if I run gpuz and run the renderer. the flickering goes away.....

hell just starting trixx make it flicker

While in Wittman. Unlocking voltage and hitting apply results in blank screen.....

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  3. Shakabutt

Shakabutt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    I was suffering from the dreaded GCN 1.0 bug on my R9 280 but now they killed it completely. The clocks dont get stuck at 510 - 850 anymore, now they stay at 300 LP clocks and 470 MHZ in gaming situations, ive tried restarting the driver etc.

Nothing works. Guess im back to 17.2.1 sigh , this is shameful, ive been on AMD cards for more than a decade now but this bug and their attitude on it really bummed me out on the brand , no more AMD for me , no matter how cheap they go.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Doesn't sound like a driver worth updating to from my non-WHQL-WHQL-feb22 17.2.1.

5. Shakabutt

Shakabutt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Ok, i think this driver just killed my card for real. I tried to go back to 17.2.1 and the clocks are still stuck at 470 Mhz in heavy load. Cleaned with DDU and tried again 17.2.1 , clocks still stuck.

What the hell just happened. I don't know what to do now, im stuck with half a card.

6. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I'm getting bug "The memory could not be read" during the API Overhead test. Meh. but Firestrike score has grown by 1.3% :banana:

7. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    And with clockblocker?

8. Shakabutt

Shakabutt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Found the culprit , the RTSS thing, i updated it today to the latest version.

I wouldnt be surprised if this thing is causing the UVD bug thing ?

As soon as i rolled back to the previous version packed in AB 4.3.0 it runs normal.

9. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    *sticks with 6.11.5, wishes they just released app profiles like they use to*

10. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    The issues seem to be caused by the driver applying wrong or outdated optimizations for the idTech 5 engine. To avoid this, some people recommend renaming the executable from (doing this from memory so it won't be accurate but use it as an example) "Wolfenstein_x64.exe" to "Wolfenstein_x32.exe" or something like that.

There are some parameters in the engine config file that can be tweaked. You can find the guides on the Steam Community forums for the game.

Also, AMD OpenGL drivers have issues with overlays and that kills performance (50% slower just by running Afterburner OSD). Turn off everything that puts an overlay on top of the game.

If you are still having problems with the game, note that your GPU is underutilized when running the game. Try upping the resolution (VSR even) to prevent the GPU from downclocking.

11. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    No crossfire for Resident Evil 7?

12. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    When I played this, the biggest issue that I found was the fact that triple buffering doesn´t work with AMD drivers, nor adaptive vsync. So the FPS was a mess unless vsync was disabled.
    The game is now considered old, so there´s not much hope for this getting fixed.

13. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    Curious if this one will actually install without giving a black screen. Still using 16.10.1.

14. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Just for the record. Update option through the panel is still borked. It doesn't work since the first relive driver.

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I've been updating like that since the first ReLive driver.

16. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    If CRU is not working i'm not going to touch them

17. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    No control panel.

18. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Yep, it's not working for me either.

19. Jouven

Jouven Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
    Isn't OpenGL performance an elephant in the room with AMD graphic drivers.
    I keep wondering "there is a thread for the DX11 CPU overhead issue but not one for OGL, huh".

Then again the problem is that not all the OGL games suffer from this, it only happens with games that use certain instructions? I don't know all the details. PCSX2 and all the Neptunia games that use OGL suffer major performance problems.

There are several threads (i.e. //community.amd.com/thread/206176) in the vulkan/opengl section of the AMD forums, but it seems AMD plan is to stall/ignore them.

20. POLJDA

POLJDA New Member

GPU:
    msi r9 390 8gb
    very low performance r9 390 17.3.1 drivers in api overhead