AMD Ryzen Unboxing video - A peek at the Ryzen 7 1800X Reviewer Kit from AMD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    Thanks for the video HH and Arma community would be very grateful for such a test.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Good unboxing video Hilbert. It would be great if this became a common thing. But no pressure! :)

3. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 TI 8GB
    Great unboxing. :)
    Please Hilbert, find the time to disable 4 cores and make some benchmarks with the frequencies of the previous generation of FX processors that have a 95W TDP, like the FX 8320E and 8370E.

4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i so envy you now hh ! you already know what these puppies can do i am sure noway you did not do even light test already ! waiting for your review eagerly !

5. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    Very good presentation.

6. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    RX6900XT Toxic EE
    I totally agree. We want to see the difference between FX and R7.

7. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Its embarrassing how clever is he looking..

8. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Good unboxing video. You´re a classy lad Hilbert. Respect.

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    You did a fine job Hilbert, good quality video, straight and to the point delivery from someone that actually knows what they are talking about. Very nice indeed. :cheers:

Your English is top notch and the accent is not bad at all, you are quite easy to understand. I was also surprised to see the beard, I think every picture I've seen before has been clean shaven. :)

10. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Hey.. big thanks for doing this Hilbert. I know you don't do this most the time. :)

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    You did very good. I like the unboxing and nice parts you have there. I can't wait for the results

12. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    good unboxing vid boss. nice & simple, very professional...exactly wat i expected from guru3d

are you kidding? there was an 1800X, a crosshair, & an EK AIO in that box! my hands would be shaking too!! ahhhhhhhhhhh :D

13. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    Superb video for your first time, all you needed was a subtle transition effect when you switched to unboxing clip, otherwise this is perfect!

14. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    You found the fountain of youth lol, you have better skin than most people I know

15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Cool video Boss.........no facebook post/link today?

16. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hilbert, you are too modest regarding your English. In the US we have zillions of people who don't speak it as well - including a dozen folks I know. Your accent would be too minor to remark, especially since the grammar is so good. Making a video can be unsettling (and not worth the time IMHO), but don't give your English a second thought.

Personally, I'd be glad to have a second language even 1/4 as good. AND I suspect you can probably get around well in German and French.

17. coralillo

coralillo New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    That was exciting. Good Video!!

18. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Great unboxing video HH! Calm and pleasant voice, handsome dude, very professional, nothing to add, nothing to remove. Many other experienced YT reviewers didn't made a better video than yours after many years on YT. Much, much, much better than any video or radio talk I've ever made some 15 years ago when me and few of my friends were making IT news and live broadcasted IT show on local radio/TV station.

You really need to make more unboxing videos like this one, but not just unboxing videos, reviews also, but for now until you get more experience showing yourself in front of the camera unboxing videos like this one are just perfect. Believd me I know how hard can it be to talk and act normal in front if the camera, and no doubt you have all that it takes to continue doing it sucessfuly. It was no problem for me to talk in live radio broadcasts, but it's been always hard for me to talk in front of the cam, often cameramans were puling their hair out after 5, 10 or even more attempts to record a few minutes without problems or hickups on my side with me in front of the camera, sometimes I even had to drink one small shot of anything with alcohol to get relaxed lol.

These short unboxing videos with you in front if the cam are more than enough for now. And PLEASE don't change this stile, it fits you perfectly, great and so refreshing to see someone on YT doing and acting like a pro and without annoying hype like many others from IT are acting and talking, all of us here on G3D know who they are. Keep up the good work dude, you were more than good for first time in front of the cam for YT.

P.S.
    Don't forget to flash that Hero mobo to the latest BIOS, guess you probably already did that. Asus is releasing new BIOS versions for Ryzen mobos with the speed of light, almost on daily basis.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I really enjoyed that HH, you should do more, great video.

Excited to see the Crosshair Hero and good that the ram is 3000, cmon Thursday,

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It was an interesting video for sure. I enjoyed watching.