AMD Ryzen Goes Preorder Today + Info and Event Demo Benchmark Videos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2017.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Good thing that AMD hit the nail after so many years. Keep it up red team :)

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    That makes sense, why cant they just put an A before the $.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Is the X370 chipset required for overclocking btw?

4. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I just finally could pre-order the AMD Ryzen 7 1800X for a very good price here in Switzerland.

That Processor will replace my Intel I7 4790k.

Welcome Back AMD!

5. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    X370, X300 and B350 support overclocking.
    A320 and A300 do not.

6. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    Oh well, another guinea pig pulled trigger :)

ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO - AMD X370
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Preordered.

Now just have week to find some AM4 compatible cooler to use until new waterblock arive.

7. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    asrock tends to use more power phases, but idk how the quality of the components themselves stack up...the nicer fatal1ty x370 board might be solid.

also in regards to b350 supporting OC: yes, but the best power delivery ive seen on a b350 board is 7+1 (except the asrock). if youre not overvolting much, i guess thats fine. not enough for me personally...

8. Inolvidable

Inolvidable Guest

GPU:
    MSI GXT 970
    IMHO being a guinea pig is a big part of the fun although unfortunatelly these days it is also a privelege. I think there is a thrill in jumping to the unknown and spend unvaluable time exploring, testing and pushing every aspect of the beast while sharing your experiences and discoveries with other first liners and with the whole community. If I had a high and stable enough income I would gladly join the club. Assuming money was no issue, the only hassle about being a guinea pig I can see would be that bugs poped up in MBs or CPUs afterwards or that performance were not that great in the end. To me the thrilling of discovering and reporting about it would make the failure or dissapointment risks totally worthy

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Could be that asrock isn't that good or wasn't. But supposedly currently has best reliability according to some list I saw last week.

My experiences with Asus are rather bad in motherboard department but then again those are with z77 and earlier boards. I love their displays.

Might be tad beta the best asrock x370 it does have most things in it. I was thinking about the asrock taichi motherboard or MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium but these ain't available so I am thinking about the Asus rog crosshair VI :D

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  10. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Price I paid for my AMD Ryzen 7 1800X looks like that:

Euros: 515
    British Pound: 435
    US: 544

Now for the first Time, I am gonna leave the ASUS Mainboards Ship and may move onto the MSI Ship, as my current Hero Board is alright, but I heard very good things about MSI Boards and may wanna try that out.

Can't wait :)

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I am so excited for Ryzen!

@ Hilbert and Ryzen Guinea Pigs... I mean New OWNERS :D for your review, can you please show single core performance clock to clock vs Haswell, Broadwell and Kabylake or even just vs Kabylake, in non MT games AND show the highest stable OC with single or 2 cores enabled only?

The reason is that some programs are still IPC and clock bound, so in those cases, single fast high IPC core is better than multi. I've been looking for a 5+ GHZ dual core with Haswell or better IPC so it would interesting to see this. If we can disable 3 cores and have 1 core clock super high, it would make certain cpu bound programs more viable.

Looking at ARMA series mostly but I think online role players would benefit as well.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well the prices for Ryzen cpus have appearead in Portugal and are better than i expected; the 1800X costs 566,9, the 1700X costs 439,9 and the 1700 costs 365,9. I was expecting the 1700 to be over 400€ so i´m pleasantly surprised by this. So surprised that now i´m even considering buying the 1700 instead of the 7600K if the reviews are good. The problem is that my wallet doesn´t seem ready for this type of hit!... Poor wallet...

About the MBs there are 8 for now that start at 90,40 (B350 chipset) and stop at 314.9 for the MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium! (MSI should add a few more words to the name of this board...).

But the ones i´m interested are the ones from Asus, the Crosshair VI Hero (259,4) and the Prime X370-PRO (162,8).

Now i was planning on spending 260 on the 7600K and 200 more for the Asus ROG Strix 270F Gaming but i can also spend 366 on the 1700 and 163 on the Asus Prime X370 and this way the difference between both would be 75 euros. AMD is really making me sweat right now...

I would ask you guys for advice but i now everyone would simply tell me to buy the 1700...

Hilbert i demand the Ryzen review as soon as possible so i can decide what to do!!! Or you can send me a pm with the results and don´t worry i won´t tell anyone!...:roll:

13. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yup, I did it.

1700 and the Asrock X370 Killer are preordered.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can I ask why not the 1700X?

Also, I'd consider the Asus Prime x370, more power phases than the Asrock at £10 more.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I would do the same, the 1700 looks like it's the most interesting of the bunch, and probably the one with the best perf/dollar if you OC.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm very curious about the 65w TDP wall, and undervolting it too.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Whilst I agree, apparently the 1700X are binned. I'll wait for reviews and see how they both OC. If similar, the 1700 is a no brainer. Motherboard wise, I like the look of the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon. Stunning board.

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Although it was mainly GPU releases, AMD tends to give higher binned lower-end products at the beginning of each cycle. And I would be really curious about those 65W too.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Aye, if 1700 OC decently it's the obvious choice. I'm pretty sure that there isn't any TDP wall if you plan to overclock it.

I'd wait a bit this time before buying though. I'd want to make sure that there are not bugs and the manufacturing process might improve in the upcoming months (thus allowing better clocks).

To me Asus PRIME X370-PRO looks like a really nice board. I'd likely buy it.