How to increase my Fire Strike Score?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ultra Male, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 8G
    Other than setting Power Management Mode to High Performance / Texture Filtering to High performance, are there any other settings I could change to improve my Fire Strike score?

CPU @ 4.2 GHz / Cache Ratio @ 4.0 GHz
    GPU Core @ 200 MHz / Memory @ 350 MHz

Fire Strike - GTX 1080 (378.72) CPU 4.2 GHz-GPU OC 200-350 [W10]

[​IMG]

My laptop specs: MSI GT73VR 7RF Titan Pro-425 | Intel Kaby Lake i7-7820HK @ 4.2 GHz | Kingston MSI24D4S7D8MB-16 2400 MHz.(17-17-17-39) 64GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5 | Dynaudio System with Nahimic 2 Sound Technology | Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 | Chi Mei N173HHE-G32 17.3" FHD 120 Hz/5ms [G-SYNC] | 2x Samsung 960 PRO 2TB [Super RAID 4] + 850 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 4TB | Windows 10 Pro

2. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I am not sure of how your CPU score stacks up, but your Graphics score itself seems right on target and on the high end even going by your core clock. I hover between 23.5-24.2k with a 1080@2.05Ghz|+300 Memory.

Have you made sure that Windows 10 Game DVR is turned off? Also make sure the Geforce Experience overlay that pops up when changing benchmark scenes is disabled, this can sometimes negatively affect your physics score when it first starts.

Also to get a small boost to physics/overall scores you can disable all power saving functions and C-States for your CPU in BIOS to gain 1-5% performance for benching purposes.

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 8G
    I'm not complaining about the score, just wondering if there are any magical settings to change that would bump the score up more

It's a laptop at the end of the day so my Physics score is limited due to the BGA CPU.

I have enabled disable Game DVR, that's one of the first things I do via the registry as soon as I install Windows 10

All other apps / services / GFE are closed during the benchmark BTW

4. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    Frist go to
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
    and change its
    Code:
    “SystemResponsiveness” to 0.
    This will set system to not reserve some amout from game to its reserves but fully allow all resources for game.

Second go to
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games

and change following values
    Code:
    “GPU Priority” change its values to 8.
    “Priority” set to 6.

This will prioritize games to highest priority.

or test my custom system i create windows server 2016 converted to desktop, very good for games Probably score more than windows 10

download iso
    http://uptobox.com/489ya9bh5r93

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017

5. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Well you'll not get the Fifa World Cup if you have higher scores, plus you don't want to cheat to get higher scores.
    Setting anisotropic filtering to high performance? what? and even power to high performance not necessary.

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    clean install OS & remove all junks apps.

7. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Overclocking the card manually to get it above default boost would be the easiest, no cost. I believe if you change GPU settings in Nvdia control panel etc it invalidates your score, I remember it did when I dropped the Tessellation down in AMD Crimson to like x8.

8. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Buy your rig a 12 month gym subscription mate, 12 months supply of testomax, crazy bulk, whey isolate (vanilla always), anadrole and creatine (only use after work out) then secretly use it all yourself then thank me later. Should fix that low score up.

9. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I tried playing with the settings in the NVCP, lowering texture filtering quality and AF quality to the lowest setting, but nothing made any difference that was tangible or more than a +/- 1% variance. Score was valid each time though.

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 8G
    I guess I'll just leave the settings alone then. Thanks guys

11. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    Upgrade your PC

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The bench is designed around being repeatable regardless of what software settings in the OS or driver you use. So, besides making sure minimal resources are being used and setting your power plan for max performance, increasing the raw hardware performance is what is left.

13. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    False Info

Windows 2016 server was bench-marked against windows 10 in many youtube video even by linus and found to be less satisfying in games to windows 10 pro. Also ** HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
    and change its
    Code:
    “SystemResponsiveness” to 0.
    This will set system to not reserve some amout from game to its reserves but fully allow all resources for game.** This is incorrect as windows 10 defaults this to “SystemResponsiveness” to 10. And in registry is state's that if applied to 0 the OS treats it as 10 anyway's as this number has to be a divisible of 10.

And lastly HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games

and change following values
    Code:
    “GPU Priority” change its values to 8.
    “Priority” set to 6.

Is incorrect information too as this registry state's that 1 is the lowest priority while 8 is the highest. So 6 is not higher than 8 in windows 10. 8 is the highest priority!!
    The task priority. The range of values is 1 (low) to 8 (high).
    For tasks with a Scheduling Category of High, this value is always treated as 2.

Just google - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games

Or “SystemResponsiveness”

To find the correct value's or default's in window's.

example- The MMCSS settings are stored in the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
    This key contains a REG_DWORD value named SystemResponsiveness that determines the percentage of CPU resources that should be guaranteed to low-priority tasks. For example, if this value is 20, then 20% of CPU resources are reserved for low-priority tasks. Note that values that are not evenly divisible by 10 are rounded up to the nearest multiple of 10. A value of 0 is also treated as 10. "SOURCE- https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684247(v=vs.85).aspx"

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017