AMD Ryzen Goes Preorder Today + Info and Event Demo Benchmark Videos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Zeka

Zeka Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 280
    After many years of waiting, we again have an AMD processor that can compete with Intel in games as well as in professional applications.

As far as I'm concerned 2017 started out very nicely

2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Looks promising. I'd love myself a 1700 but It's out of my reach. I'll be switching GPU first and wait for maybe next year, by then prices must have come down after Intel lower theirs.

3. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    Good that some info is now validated.

Now, gief the damn real reviews! ><

4. malitze

malitze Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    I would be suprised if it did increase VCore at all tbh. Nice little feature, but as you say, manual overclocking is the way to go (for us ;)).

5. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I will be putting my CPU on sale tonight thank you.... Great Job AMD!!!

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Since at this point I'm pretty certain that Ryzen will actually live up to the hype, all I can say is... ****. YES. We finally have competition again, now if AMD can pull the same thing off in the GPU department, I'll be even happier!

I don't know if I will upgrade myself yet, but even if I do, I will give it 2-3 months just to be sure there are no hidden bugs (especially when it comes to early BIOSes) etc.

7. nightstaalker

nightstaalker Guest

GPU:
    64GB
    Zen is love, Zen is Life
    #Zenislove_ZenisLife

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I already put my motherboard and CPU for sale and if it sell then I will be getting probably 1800 or 1800X,just I need find right motherboard with 10 SATA and at least 4 way CF or SLI,doesn't matter I don't use any of them only for rendering and there is no point to use SLI or CF

Thanks,Jura

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Won't you have a problem with the max number of pcie lanes Ryzenhas?

10. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Seeing that most youtube reviewers are releasing their hands on review from the release event, buy only multi core performance which seems to be good, but non have shown of any single core performance. The old FX seriers from AMD had fairly good multi core performance also, but absolutely horrible single core performance. Kinda worrying that no single core performance benchmarks are shown yet.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What a wonderful time to be a geek :nerd: , glad i'm alive to see AMD back in the game again. Finally the waiting it's over , no brainer for me i already know what i want. New Ryzen built incoming with fully customized water loop for it.

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 not fast enough ....:infinity:

12. Zeblote

Zeblote Member

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 OC
    Multi thread benchmarks are really nice but mostly irrelevant for gaming... only thing that's left now is whether oc ryzen will beat oc 7700k in single thread performance :D

13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    hmm well at the cinebench is 8core 16 threads intel versus 8 core 16 thread ryzen ... and it beats it for a healthy margin what is there left to beat the intel counter part ? higher performance per core no at least this is my logic guys feel free to correct me if i am wrong on that one

52% ipc looks like they deliver more than the hype that started with the 40% ipc target announcement such a pleasant surprise !

14. hpascoa

hpascoa Guest

GPU:
    AORUS Radeon RX580 8G
    So we know for sure the 1700 also supports XFR?

Also did AMD say anything about what is the highest DDR4 speed that is officially supported on Ryzen without OC?

15. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    I'm not a fan of any BIG INTELLIGENT BROTHER "brain" for either Intel or AMD...

Yet, there's something fom intel that they seem confident , i dnt know...bcoz they are not reacting....

Source: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-prod...specs-rumours-now-shipping-pentium-x-3641491/

[​IMG]

Intel Kaby Lake 7th gen Core processor release date
    The new Kaby Lake desktop processors are on sale now from Overclockers UK, Scan and other retailers.
    There are also several available on Amazon UK.
    Update: Rumour has it, via Benchlife, that Intel will launch Kaby Lake X (and Skylake X) chips in August at Gamescom 2017. There will reportedly be 10-, 8 -, 6- and 4 core models. Kaby Lake X will supposedly be a quad-core chip and will have a TDP of 112W (or 140W depending on which rumour you believe) and all chips will be marketed as the Core i7-7000 series processors.
    These chips will go hand-in-hand with the new ultra-high-end X299 chipset that supports quad-channel DDR4 RAM and will fit in an LGA 2066 socket. Motherboard manufacturers could show off the new boards as early as May or June. However, Intel might try and keep the wraps on everything until its own developer conference in San Francisco in August.
    Razer has confirmed its Blade laptop is getting upgraded to Intel Kaby Lake. You'll get a 2.8GHz Core i7 (compared to the 2.6GHz Skylake chip) and the device is available now with a 4K model shipping in Q2.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Will see, right now my GPUs runs at *16/*8/*4 as I'm running 28 PCI lane CPU although I'm running only 2 GPU at moment and 3rd GPU is waiting to be put inside the PC, but 3 GPU limit will be enough for me if CPU performance will be as I hope so will be

Just hope so someone will release motherboard with PLX or something similar

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Any specific requirement to do that?

18. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    It all looks very good, but the elephant in the room hasn't been addressed: OCability. It means everything. If I am going to replace a 3930K@4.6ghz, then I need something with similar clocks otherwise the IPC benefits start to quickly fall off.

19. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    where did you read only 15% :3eyes:

20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    We don't know how many PCIe lanes that the CPUs offer. We only know how much the chipsets offer, where the X370 by itself is enough to adequately support 2 GPUs (at 8x,8x). There aren't really any GPUs that demand more than PCIe 3.0 @ 8x. Getting 4 GPUs to synchronize with each other would likely lower the PCIe bandwidth anyway. So, as long as The 8-core Ryzens offer at least 16 lanes, he should be all set.

I suspect the major price differences between these models likely has to do with the amount of PCIe lanes they have.