Nvidia Geforce 378.66 WHQL Drivers - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JAMVA, Feb 14, 2017.

1. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    still the same for 980TI (and other GM200 chips(?)):

[​IMG]
    PhysX working in MetroLL only when Optimize for Compute Performance is ON:

[​IMG]
    YES i know OfCP isn't for gaming and will hinder gaming performance. and YES i have also made sure physX settings in NVCP was proper, rebooted, did a voodoo ritual up to and including sacrificing a chicken. (tasty)

thanks to this forum, nvidia has stated they are aware of the issue since 378.49 (378.59 hot fix has same issue).

btw, as i was exporting For Honor and Sniper Elite 4 (dx11/12) profiles in nvidia inspector - i didn't find one for halo wars . . ?

doesn't matter, i don't have the games but like to stay up to date on profiles for no reason.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Seems there maybe a issue with 1060 then, you and above poster have same issue. I would go fill out bug report over at Nvidia forum, so it gets attention .

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Here the thing , there no reason to use it unless the clean option somehow gave trouble. I have never used it, but here a thing, there is no way DDU can know if Nvidia changed something in driver until it got released, then its to late.
    That is one reason it gets updated all the time, now if it was developed right from Nvidia maybe I could see more of reason but still if you have no problem just use the standard installer to do everything.

Edit: if you are going from AMD to Nvidia then there is the case to use it or Nvidia to AMD.

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 8G
    Been using DDU for more than a year, never had an issue. The only people who have issues are the ones who have a Windows Password or Pin on their account, then they will be locked in Safe Mode forever as the pin won't work :bang:

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No issues with DDU here either. I don't use it though as I don't see why I would. New drivers generally installs on top of a previous version without any issues. And that's with one or even two less reboots compared to doing it with DDU or manual uninstall.

6. Niopretas

Niopretas New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yes it has to be the GTX 1060. I will go to the nvidia forum and try to get their attention for the problem, if manuelg dont respond here. Sometimes he does, or?

7. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Using DDU should be an absolute last resort for installing drivers. It's a great utility, but if you have to use it to get a working install, it's time to think about what could be wrong with your Windows install as the program should not need to be used under normal circumstances.

8. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    FUD

Fear
    Uncertainty
    Doubt

EDIT, wile I agree with most about DDU use "I have never had an issue with it" and that in most cases installing over the top of the old driver is enough.

If I am going back in drivers, like an older set I will use DDU. The left over newer files, should not be an issue, but feel safer cleaning them up.

9. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    No problem here using DDU or installing driver on a 10bit Monitor.

10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Used DDU in safe mode and installed this set. No issues what so ever. Played a bunch of Rainbow Six Siege with no issue. Used HDMI to TV with no issues. No issues with chrome. No issues with mutli-monitor. So far this is a sold set for me. I always use DDU in safe mode and never seem to have any of the problems reported by most users here. I seem to be the guy that always comes on and says that (almost) every driver is super solid for me. DDU is life. DDU is king. I'll report back once I have tested more games but I am pretty busy lately.

11. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    always make sure you are using the LATEST version of DDU. my friend royally messed up his PC by using a very old version of DDU which was designed for windows 7 not windows 10. the guru3d page has them listed in a strange way with the oldest versions being mistaken for the newest versions!!

12. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    good driver

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Its mostly older physx games, BatmanAK worked ok though.. strange, but still needs fixing asap.

14. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    This driver seems to be working fine for me, haven't had too much time to play but so far I've seen no issues, madVR playback is working normally too.

15. The_Skull

The_Skull New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Ti
    :thumbup:

No problems here on GTX780 and GTX980Ti with madVR anymore.

16. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    why is it now every driver thread a ddu thread, if you got an issue with ddu go to its proper thread, simple.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No my system is fine, cuz when i reinstalled Windows the issue was gone, and has been ever since i stopped using DDU.

I used DDU for about a year untill it ****ed up my Driver Installations.

18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    I have a n00b question.

When I first installed my GTX1060 coming from GTX670, I forgot to use DDU before installing the new card and installed the new card right away. Windows was started up properly but the screen looked like there was no driver (small res). Then I used DDU and installed new drivers for Pascal.

So, did I harm my software/hardware at all?

Note: I do not have any problems in my rig and I only use DDU when I get a new GPU or there is a new driver that has new ground-breaking features.

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    No harm done, it's fine. No problems at all. DDU removes everything and all traces of previous drivers.

If you want to be sure, I suggest you run DDU in safe mode, but this time on the top left corner of DDU, click on OPTIONS, then TICK (Enable) everything. Once everything is ticked, click close on the options. Then do "Clean and do NOT restart" for nVidia, AMD, and Intel (all three). Then do Clean and Shutdown for nVidia at the end. That's it. Now boot up the computer, and install these latest drivers.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you'd used the latest driver (or at least one which knows about 1060) on your 670 then you wouldn't need to use anything as the driver would just pickup the new videocard without any issues.