For Honor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I used the exact same 2560x1440 settings as the closed beta and the framerate was wavering between 52 and 60 fps on a v-synced 60 Hz monitor. This was enough to make the gameplay feel decidedly "off". Neither the GPU nor CPU were being stressed either (though the GPU clock was hitting 2,050 MHz).

Very disappointing. Will check it out some more over the weekend (the open beta runs to the 12th with the game released on 14th).

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Open beta runs just as smooth as the closed beta for me.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i think the open Beta runs even smoother than the closed one

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    for me runs around 55 fps at 1440p extreme setting with vsync triplebuffered enabled, with taa, amazing what a 970 can still do.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Also, I find it sometimes going into borderless mode. Have you checked its in fullscreen?

6. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah borderless stutters like a mofo for me. But fullscreen is smooth.

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Pre-load up on steam. 29.4GB

8. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    runs fine on my 970@1440p :)

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yes mine runs extreme 1440p on 970 amazing.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yep, it's running fullscreen. Benchmark, which I ran three times, shows an ave. framerate of 85 FPS, a max of 152 and a low of, worryingly, 40 FPS. With the closed beta the benchmark never dropped below 55 FPS. In-game the game remains stuttery/laggy, frequently dropping below 60 fps to 52-54 FPS. Maybe it's the v378.57 Hotfix drivers I'm using? :3eyes:

*EDIT*
    I did notice my GPU clock was below 1,400 MHz throughout the entire play session earlier today even though both GPU and CPU were below 80% and below 60% respectively. I have changed the For Honor profile from Optimal to Prefer Max Performance and will test again shortly.

*EDIT 2*
    No, the game is still dipping down to 52-54 fps causing noticeably lag/stutter. I noticed that while the GPU now boosts to 2,050 MHz due to forcing Max. Performance that GPU usage is still around 52-62% and CPU usage around the same. In fact, it looks like CPU1 is being used 98-100% and the other cores are around 30-40%!!! I actually played the game at the game's Low preset and the framerate is EXACTLY the same, still 52-60 fps and laggy.

*EDIT 3*
    Standing completely still... away from all the combat... looking straight up at the skybox... the framerate is STILL wavering between 51 and 60 fps. Shouldn't it be locked at 60 fps seeing as there's nothing going on? :bang:

What on earth is wrong with this game on my system? It ran fine in the closed beta.

P.S. I am testing offline maps with 7 A.I. bots by the way; I'm not playing it online with other players.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    That is really odd.

12. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
  13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It is. Very.

I'm wondering if something else is interfering with this game's performance. I recently bought and installed Acronis True Image 2017 which comes with a nagware (I think that's what they call it) filter that is on by default and has prevented at least one of my Steam games from starting. Even after excluding it ATI still asked me if it was OK to run it!

I also tried loading No Man's Sky last night to find it stuck in a loading loop which has never happened before (the Preparing to load... window pops up, closes then opens constantly without the game ever starting). I fixed that by setting Steam to run as administrator though after finding a YouTube video that showed how to fix this issue.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but I have disabled ATI's nagware filter for now under Services. However, the For Honor beta has ended now and I am currently downloading the full game now I've got my key from CDKeys.com. Hopefully, I will be able to test the final build at 11am or midnight tonight. Also, I suspect that NVIDIA might release a new Game Ready driver today as both Sniper Elite 4 (which I've already downloaded on Steam) and For Honor are released tomorrow.

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Is this game any good or what?

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i think it's unlocked now (uplay ver.)

steam version is 6hrs away

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh yuck, I still have the same juddery/jerky 54-60 fps performance in the final build (Practice and Story mode tested) as the Open Beta on maxed out 2560x1440 settings, only using HBAO+ rather than MHAO. Yet Sniper Elite 4, the other game I bought this week, runs perfectly maxed out at 2560x1440 under DX12 with 130% render scaling. I just don't get why For Honor is running so poorly. :3eyes:

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    check if you'r using triple buffering , change it to double buffering

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
  19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hmmm, I have enabled Triple Buffering but normally it doesn't have any adverse affect on performance but just prevents games from dipping from 60 fps straight to 30 fps when the framerate goes below 60 fps on my 60 Hz display. I will certainly test the game with v-sync off (though that for me would be unplayable as I cannot abide screen tearing) and double buffering.

Is triple buffering bugged in this game then?

What baffles me is that when I tried the Closed Beta the game was running great but not the Open Beta and final builds of the game. I did not see GPU or CPU usage go above 60% yet the game constantly drops below 60 fps even, as I mentioned previously, when I'm static and looking straight up at the skybox. Even Low settings at 2560x1440 run at the same 52-60 fps!!! :puke2:

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    wow really ??

i can hit 70fps @ 4k maxed with no vsync/AA enabled , my game is the Uplay ver.

edit: a new game ready driver is out you might wanna check it out