Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I'm having trouble with this and Gears of War 4 now. Everytime I start either game up, I get a black screen and it doesn't load. Just recently got a Gsync monitor, and have tried disabling G-sync and the other monitor and it still won't work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

2. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    pc specs?

3. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    It seems that others are having this issue too after updates not too long ago...and no one can figure it out.

i7-2600, 980ti, 16GB Ram

4. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The game is working very well after the update but then again, it always did.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @kodiac33 are you running 2 monitors , if yes are you using Display Ports and or / HDMI 2.0 ?

6. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Yeah chispy, one (Gsync) is using Display Port. The other is using HDMI.

I even tried disabling the HDMI one, and it did the same thing.

7. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    You are playing at 30fps don´t you?, wish I could handle that in a racing game :)

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Lately nvidia drivers have been buggy with HDMI 2.0 connections , i myself suffered a bug with a Vizio D50uD1 using HDMI 2.0 port from my GTX 1070 to the display HDMI 2.0 port causing black screens issues with the latest drivers.

Can you uninstall your current drivers and use DDU , then turn off your PC and use only one monitor at a time ? Try the non G-Sync normal monitor first and test for the bug , discconect this display and turn of your PCthen do the same with the other G-Sync monitor , one monitor at a time.

Please try this very stable driver = http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/107564

Let me know how that works for you. GL

9. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Just got this from the possibly the worst race with buggies. Took more than a dozen retries to finally take the first place.

The reward was worth it.

[​IMG]

10. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Thanks chispy! I'll give it a shot!

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I can play just as smoothly at 60 but I use the Dynamic Optimization feature and the game looks better at 30 fps than it does at 60. It seems to turn some settings down to maintain the higher frame rate. It couldn't be any smoother or responsive than it is at 30 so I stick with that. After all, the game was designed originally to be played at 30 fps.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This game plays better now than ever before but I experience a few drops on random occasions, though very very small. Free roam racing is always 60, even in jungles.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    +1 same here , very smooth gameplay now.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The game always forgets my preference for full screen. It always opens in bordered window mode. It happens whether I start the game from taskbar or steam. Any ideas how to correct this? Sometimes it would also behave as if I've launched the game for the first time and detect presets and optimize for my PC.

15. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Optimization happens after every major update or system change. It seems that game detects when you update graphics drivers or something similar.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I also noticed this but it must be something that only occurs with the latest patch. Earlier the game launched windowed but then set itself to full screen once the "logo videos" started to play.

Like Mindaz said, the game has to re-optimize every time it's patched.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It still launches and stays in window mode every time though. Super annoying lol.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Alt+enter problem fixed. The game still doesn't use exclusive full screen so not like it really matters checking that box in settings.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's a problem because I have to go back to my PC after launching it to bring it into focus and/or fix the window. This is quite elementary and they should fix it or there should be a workaround I can use that sticks.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay so I got a chance to play last night. Yes the game runs much smoother for me. Even when it drops under 60 FPS the game does not turn into a slideshow. This is a marked improvement for me. I can still tell when it's below 60 just it's not game breaking like before.