The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    I sacrifice goats and squirrels to our lord and savior Gabe Newell.

On a serious note, all my screenshots look exactly how they would look as if you were playing the game. All I do is resize the screenshots to 1600x900 and add a tiny bit of sharpness or a bit more if the screenshots are blurry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. boykimma

boykimma Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Thanks guys, didn't even know my card supports DSR lol, i just keep using custom resolution which for some reason make it even blurrier(i already having reshade sharpen filter on) :D, and that 40x DSR, jeez, it gonna take a quantum computer to run that crap XD.

3. Cosworth

Cosworth Guest

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX760
  4. _rock_

_rock_ Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Mafia III

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Oh right in the texture quality. Heh.)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sniper Elite v4

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So what's new, well some of the kill shots have a black&white filter effect this time and there's a couple more polygons and shaders though essentially this is Sniper Elite V3 which was Sniper Elite V2 but once again in a new setting and with some tweaks.
    (Which so far it works pretty well, runs nicely too including a 150% res scale from 2560x1440 to 3840x2160 though there's still a bit of aliasing.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  7. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Resident Evil 7 + Reshade 3.0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For Honor

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So a viking, a knight and a samurai walked into a bar... feels a bit like one of those stories, heh.

Runs pretty well so far, I think, game uses EAC which well you can disable it (/eac_launcher instead of the earlier -eac_launcher from Watch_Dogs 2 since this game uses / instead of - for it's parameter commands.) however the game needs a online connection and it won't let you connect if EAC is disabled.

So this was done via Afterburner 4.3.0 and RTSS 6.6.0, this recent release of RTSS isn't whitelisted yet but borderless mode and then taking screenshots of the "desktop" works just as well, did the same with Gears of War 4 a while back to see if it would work and it seems to function for this too although yeah you don't get any overlay support until EAC has updated their whitelist and the game itself gets updated with said update of EAC far as I know how this works at least with no online database of whitelisted software or such.
    (ReShade 3.0.6 works just fine though as dxgi.dll but in actual online gameplay you probably won't have depth buffer access.)

And for all the UI options you can toggle they somehow skipped adding one for the crosshair, strange really since there's not really much ranged combat to this game so you don't really require a targeting reticule to always bee on screen but eh, avoid the white pixel in the center in the above screens, ha ha.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ryse 2 looks pretty for sure. ^

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hah yeah it does play out pretty similar though this game is primarily focused towards online play but there is a campaign mode included which walks you through each of the three factions. (There's also custom games and practice mode.)

Different classes too although it takes a bit of time to unlock them all though the campaign shows some of them and their playstyle.

On top of that the customization doesn't really change anything besides appearances but there are also abilities you can earn and use from passive bonuses to active skills.

Combat primarily works via lighter quick attacks and heavier slow attacks but you can also stagger enemies and either block or dodge, blocking requires a bit of positioning so your weapon/shield catches your opponents attack, mouse+keyboard is a bit twitchy for that but it's serviceable.

Stamina also plays a role so just wildly swinging will make you vulnerable by slowing your movement down and lessening the efficiency of your attacks.

...On top of that the game does have some sort of cloth physics but unlike Ryse you won't suddenly find yourself running around in your underwear wondering, heh.

The Scimitar/Anvil/Anvil Next engine also retains the nice lighting effects seen in AC: Unity though it does mean there's far as I know at least no dynamic day/night time or such.

Also doesn't use that much VRAM, ingame meter shows just a bit over 2 GB usage with a res of 2560x1440 and everything enabled aside from SSAA which is a on/off checkmark which toggles 4x supersampling which in my case would essentially run the game at 5120x2880 and just over double VRAM usage.
    (~2x or 2.25x or how it was for a even 50% increase to 3840x2160 would have been nice to have as a second alternative.)

EDIT:
    Sniper Elite v4

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sadly the proportions are a bit off or this could have been a nice little composition.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Heh.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Hmm.

I'm guessing that was meant to be part of the dress there but yeah, it looks a bit "off" or how to say it heh. :D
    (Well of course it is but eh, shading and the normal map making it a bit weird looking, ha ha.)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017

11. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
    Paragon reshade & ansel no HDR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Resident Evil 7 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    lol, Jonas im ashamed to say but "The Hunter" does not look that bad at all.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that's aliasing I'm guessing, it usually drags down visual quality and it is one of the main problems with the screenshots I tend to take, generally far as in-game settings go and even tweaks such as command-line arguments or editing the config file directly well everything is maxed but I'm already dipping down to 50-ish FPS or lower in some of the denser forest areas so adding downsampling is probably going to destroy the framerate completely.

I'm not 100% certain on scaling and such but from what I've tested then at least a 50% res increase is recommended for getting decent results and ideally a full on 100% increase is better still but that's not possible with AMD's VSR solution and a Fury GPU from a native screen resolution of 2560x1440 since it caps at 3840x2160 (50% increase.) so that will have to wait until I can upgrade the GPU, VRAM can also be a problem in some games.

I do use ReShade for SMAA is but it's only a partial fix though it helps a little bit.

It does look pretty good when downsampled though going by the Steam community images, some of them are really good looking.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/screenshots/?p=1&browsefilter=mostrecent

Though the store images look even better than most of the user screens but that's nothing new I suppose, full camera controls along with tools for changing the weather parameters and what not via debug tools.

Also for clarification the game The Hunter - http://store.steampowered.com/app/253710/ is the F2P online hunting experience (Also has in-game purchases.) whereas this which is well also The Hunter but Call of the Wild - http://store.steampowered.com/app/518790/ as a stand-alone experience with a singleplayer mode and there's no in-game purchases, just buy the game and that's it though going by SteamDB there are plans for DLC to expand the game though of what kind I don't know.
    (New area is probably likely as is additional animal types to hunt.)

EDIT: Game uses a updated version of the Avalanche engine, I do like how it looks in terms of lighting, textures and different weather conditions but all the foliage and the use of physical based rendering and shading does cause a lot of noticeable aliasing, shimmering and flickering though it's worse in motion than in a still screenshot.

Some of the lighting and weather combinations can also look a bit washed out, bit of work with ReShade could work to balance that a bit better, probably won't be too long until some custom presets are available for the game.

EDIT: Far as other problems go the game does allow for adjusting the field of view from a default of 60 to at least 90 but you can't hide every UI element and I'm not sure if the game can do custom resolutions, LOD and such can also be a issue but for how large the game area is it's handled pretty well most of the time. (Nice vegetation density, no surprise that the game can be a bit demanding even on newer hardware.)

EDIT: Sniper Elite v.4

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/726/32825933431_4c6f3eda19_o.jpg
    /
    http://i.imgur.com/DKUR9Tk.png

Heh.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    [​IMG]

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    She has a booger in her nose!

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    No idea what ya mean. :nerd: That was easy to fix, damn specular shine.

19. Scully

Scully Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    Fallout 4:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU: