Nvidia Geforce 378.57 Hot Fix Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Groovy-Music, Feb 1, 2017.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    your hdmi cable issue? try RMA your GPU.

2. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    had no issues with 378.49 are 378.57 any better

Had no Issues with my twin ASUS Strix GTX980 Ti's (SLI) and drivers 378.49, are the 378.57 any better

3. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Nvidia marketingdepartment.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    lol , no it is not a HDMI cable issue ( read here for complete info on this issue: http://forums.evga.com/eVGA-gtx-107...l-every-few-minutes-help-please-m2610186.aspx ) , no need to rma the gpu either as it is doing mighty fine on my custom water loop under a full cover EK water block using old drivers 372.90 , no problems whatsoever with old drivers , but thanks for the suggestions.

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i commented before. i'm using the same card like yours but mine came with back plate.

6. Yawara

Yawara Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I will not defend the indefensible.

Hello to everyone in the forum.
    Most of you here seem to be sensible and fair minded people, but there are a few that seem to think that talking down to other users that have problems that they themselves do not suffer from is a worthwhile use of this platform. Please do not waste our time with your negative comments.
    I am talking specifically about the latest driver release and its "Hotfix". This driver is not fit for purpose and nvidia should never have submitted it in its current form.
    I know that I will get flamed over this comment, but its about time the appeasers were told that the sun doesn't shine out of nvidia's a***.

As for everyone else, thanks for bringing the problems to light - that's what the forum is for!!!!

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Hotfix makes sure the drivers can be provided quickly to fix these issues. WHQL takes time since it goes through Microsoft.

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No problem my friend thank you for the comments :) , i hope you are one of the lucky ones not affected by this bugs.

9. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    What is this signal lost issue you're talking about? Is that a driver issue? I thought it was my Sony X800D acting up.

Well I don't lose signal, I have all power saving options turned off. But I get the TV Drop-down notification which indicates as if I just changed resolution or turned off the TV and turned it on. Except mine doesn't turn off obviously because I have all power saving options on the TV turned off, so I continue to get the signal from PC. But I imagine if I had power saving options on, and told the TV to sleep when the signal stops coming to it, then the TV would probably turn off.

I didn't know this was a driver issue. Happens randomly by the way, once every few hours. Doesn't bother me too much because it's just the TV popup message at the top of the screen and it's transparent and goes away after a few seconds, and I can continue using the PC without it affecting it.

I've been using this driver for about 1 hour now (it hasn't happened yet, which is normal, since it's random, it happens randomly at different times, but we'll see if it pops up later).

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    no offense i thought is your cable issue but seriously, did u contact with vizio regarding this particular issue? i really wish EVGA can release a new vbios that can hit 100% power limit like the Asus vbios for OC stability + potential.

11. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    http://forums.evga.com/eVGA-gtx-107...few-minutes-help-please-m2610186.aspx#2610186

Bugs in action

Please look here happening at the desktop:

https://youtu.be/2FtMZNTrQhA?t=29s

https://youtu.be/vHFaJbvCwog?t=45s

Please look here happening while gaming:

https://youtu.be/0A8SzOIYEVA?t=1m1s

No it was not the HDMI cable , i tested with 3 different HDMI cables ( I have tried 3 different hdmi cables , one is a brand new 20 feet Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable by monoprice ( 18Gps , certified by HDMI organization with the logo ) and the other one is a Belkin 10 feet ( 5 years old ) and lastly a brand new bought it today 6 feet hdmi cable. It still does it.
    yes i did contact Vizio several times and spoke with a few reps there who helped me troubleshoot until no available , the problem is not on their side , it is on nvidia side , to be precise is an nvidia driver bug :(

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What about different HDMI display port? I see you're using no5

And anyone with 980Ti tested physx games?

14. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
  15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Popularity have nothing to do with needing driver updates. Minecraft is what, DX9? Why would you update drivers if you still play it?

No, it wasn't ON. Only the option in the CPL was "ON" (it was disabled actually, not "on" even), the clocks were totally fine. Hence the pointlessness of this hotfix.

I would very much prefer them to fix actually important bugs in such hotfixes, like the PCSS shadow flickering in The Division and the breaking of h/w acceleration in Steam streaming.

This driver installs and supports the same 1.0.37.0 as the non-hotfix one.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi Tj , on my Vizio 50'' UHD 4K smart TV set the HDMI # 5 is the only one HDMI 2.0 on it and the only one of all the 5 HDMI ports on the TV that can do 4K at 60Hz as stated and recommended by Vizio for playing games due to the high bandwith provided on that HDMI 2.0 # 5 port.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It works in BL2 but that game is unplayable with it turned on HIGH.

I set physx to GPU 2 but didn't see any usage on that card, so maybe it's stuck in CPU idk.

Edit: Read you need to set Compute ON for Physx games otherwise it won't work

18. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Is game lookup in GFE working for you right now? I have search failed error :/

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    GFE working as usual.

20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yep this looks very similar to the issue I have that happens sometimes. It happens once every few hours, except like I told you, I don't get a black screen. Just the pop up message from the TV that appears on top that tells me the resolution and HDMI connection I am connected to. But my screen remains, I don't get the black out that happens with you, which would be much more annoying if I had that happen while gaming.

I'm using an MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X and a Sony 43" X800D @ 4K 60Hz using HDMI 2.0.

Anyway, I have been using my PC since I installed these latest drivers and it hasn't happened once yet over the last few hours. I used DDU to remove ALL other drivers prior to installing this hotfix driver. So maybe they fixed the issue? I am not sure, I'll have to use it for longer to find out.

EDIT:

Haha! 30 seconds after I posted this message it happened while I was browsing Facebook.