For Honor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 16, 2015.

1. francisbaud

francisbaud Guest

GPU:
    I don't remember
    The opening scene and the one he walks to the spring to drink (1:04) are gorgeous. Ubi artists have done an incredible job imo!

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    LMAO :D

The beta gives me an INSTANT BLUESCREEN!!!

Tried 2 times, no thx. No Honor for me.

I googled around for the problem and some guys even wrote they had their gfx card fried after the crashes. Apparently it's the easyanticheat which is causing the problem.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Eh i got the beta for ps4 I removed it after about 30min I dont not like battle system 1 bit way to convoluted

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol what a crap game, thought it would be a lot better. Its even worse then Ryse son of Rome.

Few quick screens
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    gif upload

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I got a Ryse feel from the videos i watched.

Saying that, Ryse is a game that seems to be publicly hated on but privately loved.

Jumping in now, as i get into every beta/alpha but forget to play 90%.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I kinda liked Ryse son or Rome, but this is just sad.

Also those intro boring walktroughs, geez ok I get it how to play a game, stop trolling me.. :grin:

Visually its ok'ish, but nothing special, the only thing special is broken Fullscreen mode and overkill supersampling performance if enabled.

I uninstalled it after 10min.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    10mins is nowhere near enough time for me to make my mind up, i pretty much hate every game for at least the first 30-60mins if i don't persevere.

Saying that, it's a good thing people get to try the beta, in this day and age of no demo or late demos people can make their mind up if it's something they would like way before the game has even been released.

Considering all the crap Ubisoft get, i can't think of many other devs/publishers brave enough to throw out so many easy to get into alpha/betas.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    It look ok but I found it to be slugish other then the combat system turned me off

9. Yurfrehley

Yurfrehley Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 5
    Hey Bro, i can't send PM's yet, still have any key left?

10. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Posts = 1

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

11. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I don't think it done by UBI. I believe UBI contracted out to UNIT IMAGE, which is the company that also did FFXV: Kingsglaive intro and tons of other amazing cgi work. Not just a technical, but also a very artistic company.

As for "For Honor", the game look very impressive for a beta. Also, it support 21:9. Run great on my single 970 @3440x1440.

The gameplay and combat is tooo boring for me. Kinda reminded me of Bushido Blade, but somehow, it is not as fun. Plus, it feel too much like The Division with sword, not enough variety feel too it. Uninstalled. Bummer.. :(

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It took me a while to figure out that BitDefender was causing the game to crash immediately for me. Turned it off and works fine.

Still isn't that fun though.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Tried beta briefly and I too think the combat is boring... best for brief 1v1 fun with friends maybe or 2v2 coop but meh.

Will play more during beta but a bit let down. Looks good and runs great though!

Maybe a sale purchase for 10 eur tops one day... certainly not worth full price I think.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In that time it makes a quick 100% cpu usage jump, loading data or converting it, I saw all 8 threads to 100% for 5-10sec, as if its using avx2 - higher temps. Similar thing by The Division.

That said check your cpu voltage or OC..

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I've noticed that watching a DudeRandom rx480 vs 1060 video. Interesting is that 100% CPU usage on one core is only with nvidia cards, both 1060 and 1080 he tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2UwA-Q6S0

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I only saw this by initial loading of the game, it also started in windowed 720p screen.

Ingame it looked as on those screens, minimal cpu usage 5-30%.

17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You spent those 10 minutes taking screenshots...

Fullscreen mode is fine here. Disable Uplay overlay, probably the culprit. AFR friendly gave me great CrossFire scaling. Game stutters (pauses / freezes) sometimes regardless of mode (single card / CrossFire / framerate cap / VSync).

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    getting 90-120fps @ 1440p highest settings , no supersmapling AA

it can be fun when you can act quick with the blocking and save yourself from getting killed

19. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Yup, here's my Uplay nick:

mRY3llow

20. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    It is supposed to be 3 sides, but we already see what is going on.
    Vikings vs Samurai. Or in other words, Berserkers vs Orochi. You can sometimes forget that there is a third faction in the game.

Combat is fun, but I already see people trying to just run around and lure you near a ledge, especially if they are a Viking. And Samurai, being the fastest, they just run around and try to keep their bleed you.

Also the game is P2P, so if host quits, game will freeze and two things will happen, either it migrates successfully to a new host or the game suddenly resets.

I was prepared to definitely buy this game, but now I have doubts.

They also need to improve ragdolls physics, dead bodies end up going though ground objects, like walls, trees or railings.