Hello

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aKiss, Jan 26, 2017.

1. aKiss

aKiss Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050ti LP
    It's good to be back,
    I know, i held a grudge for a long time about that sim city thread...
    The truth is i needed help regarding hardware, and this is still the best place to get help.
    BTW, Hilbert, when are you going to make a water cooling section? Or not enough interest?
    I am Sash

2. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    My ex did the same thing!

Left after an argument, came back when she needed help.

PS: Glad to have you back! :)

3. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    I've been around here since 2002. I've seen the community take alot of swings, and I browse on the site but don't post much these days anymore...

But I'm with you, I'm about to do a watercooling build and have been talking with GroinShooter through PM about parts to try and figure out exactly what I want to be ordering... Google is usually kind of vague too. Like i'd like to know how 2x 240mm radiators that are 30mm thick would perform versus a 360mm radiator thats 60mm thick... Unfortunately never get any reviews like that, and no dedicated portion of any forum for watercooling.

So Hilbert!!! Make a section please!?

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Doesn't the Overclocking & Case Mod section cover watercooling as well?

http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

It's not specifically watercooling but the people in that sub forum are definitely extremely knowledgeable about it.

5. aKiss

aKiss Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050ti LP
    Oh right, i know that section, cowie loves that area..
    Should i ask there, repost the thread or ask a mod to move my topic there?
    Google ain't gonna find any crazy dude who wants to take 2 PWM signals to a water pump.
    Actually it found one, on a forum i won't name, but no one answered him, poor sob, people tough he is crazy... like me in a way

Hey cowie, is da overclock good enough? :banana:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Depends on what budget you have on water cooling and what are you planning to cool, assume CPU, GPU

Rule of thumb is to use 120mm rad per component plus 120mm as spare and if you OC then you will need bit more rad space

You want to have largest possible radiator space which you can put to your case..

360mm 60mm thick should be OK if you are looking to cool CPU and single GPU but this depends on what CPU and what OC etc

I'm running 360mm 60mm thick EK XE with 240mm 60mm thick Mayhem Havoc, what will make difference is FPI count on radiator plus restriction of yours loop ie what blocks are you planning to run etc, are you will be using QDC connectors, in my case I'm running i7-5820k OC to 4.5Ghz and two GPU GTX1080 with 2138MHz OC and GTX Titan X with 1479MHz OC and seems I'm OK and temps on GPU are very nice(36°C on GTX1080 and 32°C on Titan X in rendering)

If case allows then I would go with 360mm 60mm thick rad and low FPI and 280mm 60mm thick rad with low FPI, remember low FPI radiator is better as on these rads you can run fans at low RPM and on high FPI rads you need to run fans at higher RPM 1k+, if case allows then 2x360 or 420mm radiators will be best there

Plus good pump like D5 should be better choice, but running DDC EK and no issues with flow and water temps are never been higher than 27.5°C or 2-3°C above ambient

I would have look on this

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/05/31/ek-coolstream-xe-360mm-radiator-review/

And Thermalbench for reviews of the pump, radiators and fans for rads

Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks, Jura