AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    That power efficiency option is not available for my card with any driver installed. Is that an option available only for Fury/ RX 480 series ?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should be only for the 300 series and later cards far as I know, your GPU still has a few different power states allowing it to operate at different speeds but the newer ones have like 7 of them. :D

So if a game wasn't pushing the GPU that much it could switch a lower state which could lead to framerate drops or stuttering though it's intended to lower clock speeds along with voltage as to reduce power draw if it's not required but the transition wasn't always smooth.

3. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    There is no UVD bug and I can confirm it. There are no bugs in AMD drivers at all.
    It takes only one sacred2 start up message to prove it "It's not a bug, it's a feature!".
    Our cards are just faulty with newer drivers. Same goes with AB and other OC tools.

I really dont have issues with these basic functionality bugs since I know that I will buy new GPU (wont have AMD sticker on it) if I need newer drivers and this is not fixed or when I need more power.
    I also think that people do not understand how serious this actually is, regardless if they are affected or not. If they can get away once, they will do it every single time and so far popular IT websites ignores this popular subject as well, especially UVD bug which is present for like 6 months now.
    In my opinion, IT journalists failed to deliver news too, or they are paid not to do it.

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Not exactly correct but it is the way it should be...you can bypass the disclaimer...it only allows you to make adjustments via Wattman..however when using 3rd party tool ahem watttool it bypasses the disclaimer but adjust things via wattman. Wattman will sometime take control on restart using watttool even with ever accepting the disclaimer.

Once you accept the either overdrive disclaimer or Wattman disclaimer it activates both if you happen to have 2 different GPUs with wattman for one and overdrive for the other.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017

5. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Just two (threeish) minor problems:

1) Sometimes, Crimson loses the "Video" settings I'm setting (enhanced, to be exact)

2) At Gwent, FRTC won't work. This is to be expected, I think, since the game has some trouble to declare itself as a game since day-1. GPU/CPU clock/util and fps, all are all over the place but it's only on this driver version that (3ish) this causes some flickering (even when at full speed and >160fps).

6. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    I found that the 150mhz memory bug with 17.1.1 is present when i try to increase the monitor refresh rate from the default one, no matter through AMD Radeon Display settings or either Custom Resolution Utility.
    I`m looking into finding a workaround for this issue.

Update: I am now 100% sure that the drivers set the 150mhz memory when it get`s modified by any 3rd party OC Tool, Pixel Clock Patcher or either Custom Resolution Utility. Any of these tools are making changes to the driver itself which is causing this 150mhz bug.
    The bad is that the 150mhz issue applies when using the built in driver Custom Resolution Tool and setting any higher refresh rate rather than default.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  7. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    But there's no easy way to disable it (expect uinstalling drivers). :bang:

8. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yep :/

Maybe changing some value in registry can help.

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Huh. After reading this thread I think I'll wait for the next version. Still running pre-Relive drivers.

10. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    MSI RX480 GAMING X 8GB GPU + ASUS MG278Q LCD:

FreeSync OK
    RS Crimson Edition 16.11.5 Hotfix

FreeSync BROKEN
    RS Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1
    RS Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2
    RS Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 JAN 3
    RS Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1

Enough is enough! I'm rolling back to RS Crimson Edition 16.11.5 Hotfix for FreeSync and re-enrolling in Raptr App for gameplay DVR.

Well played, AMD.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

11. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    These last few ReLive drivers have been an absolute abortion for me. Artifacting when using dual screens, 150mhz memory bug, games freezing for half a second, Freesync not working in titles.

Yes drivers are coming more frequently of late, but when they are this bad, what's the damn point in releasing them. Back to 16.11.5 for me, ReLive has some nice features, but man alive I've nev er known so many bugs in a driver.

12. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    (Nods) I ain't updating to a newer driver suite until next year's anniversary release. (Shrugs) I have no faith AMD gets it.

13. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    Also want to report in that every driver since 16.11.5 has been an absolute mess on my system. I use Afterburner to OC and no matter what ULPS/PowerPlay settings I use the OC doesn't apply at all. Locked at 150/300MHz, when I try disabling unofficial overclocking completely windows boots into a black screen and I have to boot into safe mode to uninstall the drivers, utterly annoying.

I have a 390x BIOS flashed onto my 290 but have never had any issues like this in the past, please sort it out AMD! Something in the ReLive drivers clearly doesn't work well with our older cards.

14. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Spartakush Wasn't relive drivers that bring up BIOS certification?
    If so, you are screwed cause AMD driver have been lately feature something that goes against the modded/flashed BIOS.
    Still I'm not really sure about it.

If you uninstall MSI AB and the drivers, and re-install the drivers only, the system works fine for you?
    There is a big conflict going on between the relive and the MSI AB.
    Unwinder developer of the MSI AB puts blame on AMD, probably, not sure who needs to update it's software first.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Still no need for me to update from the last March 16.3 hotfixes, just bought Resi 7, and runs great on em so far, no issues, have it maxed out @1440p, capped at 80, and it just sits there :p

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

16. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    https://community.amd.com/thread/187500

This is the bug that I had. It only happened with multi-monitors.
    With a single display I did not have flickering Screen.
    Maybe had 150mhz vram bug. But no flickering screen.

I followed this solution in that thread... Even for newer drivers.
    but did a step further and disabled ULPS in registry.

I also loaded the default speed of the memory at start-up with AfterBurner.

The only problem is at idle the vram is at full speed never clocks down.
    The card produces more heat but the fan can cool it down.
    The core clock of the GPU processor still clocks down in 2d Mode... and is on demand for games.
    When I had the Framerate locked at 61 FPS (using AMD catalyst ControL Centre)... the core clock on the R9 390 would idle down because it was hitting the 61 FPS.

In more demanding FutureMark GPU tests it would go all the way to 1025mhz. Its like the GPU core s on demand for speed.

Anyhow, all i wanted for my nephew was the ability to record using Re-live...
    He does not care about overclocking. Re-live is really nice for recording.

He spends most of his time playing Rocket League as his newest game and Minecraft and some other indie games.

I filled his computer with older games... Deadspace 2, Assassins Creed 1, Tomb Raider Underworld, FarCry 2, Prince of Persia - 2010 Forgotten Sands,
    Mass Effect 2 (recently free download)

All without issue when memory is locked at default full speed.

Its obviously a driver bug and will get fixed someday but for now thats all i had to do. Most hardcore overclockers, the first thing they do is disable any power efficient features on the video card then go from there and never report any bugs with downclocking of video card frequencey.

Like my friend he is oblivous to any of these bugs. He watercools his video cards and keeps them at a specific frequency.

Quote:
    sinster 20-Jan-2016 10:53 (in response to jhereck)

I had the same issue with my 280x's running in CF, but not using Eyefinity just dual monitors. If I remember correctly mine was solved by AB. I ticked "Disable ULPS" and under Unofficial overlcocking mode "without PowerPlay mode" .

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  17. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    Hmm I wasn't aware of that, but it could very well be the case. Only started to appear after the ReLive drivers and it looks like they use a new install package now.

Btw, I can uninstall AB with the ReLive drivers and the system starts fine as usual. But clock speed in-game is all over the place and a stuttering mess (even with Overdrive the clock speed changes always, haven't tried ClockBlocker yet though).
    I use AB for constant clock speeds, fan curve, power settings etc, too. I have relied on it so much ;) I do hope AMD can fix the issue in the future!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  18. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

R2xx/3xx 150MHz memory clock issue is not a conflict between ReLive and MSI AB. The problem is not specific to MSI AB or any other third party tools at all, and can be reproduced without it, with Wattman ONLY:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5oykt8/bugworkaround_150300_mhz_memory_stuck_200300/

Please stop giving false hopes to users about conflicting AB and possible fix from AB side, it is really time consuming to comment those things in endless loop and inform the users again and again that there is NO FIX coming from MSI AB side.

19. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Unwinder, that is completely correct ! Stop blaming MSI AB or any other 3rd party tools as the issue comes from the drivers itself.
    Even with uninstalled any other tools despite the driver and wattman, the 150mhz is still occurring.
    It has something to do with the driver changes.
    Setting a custom resolution with CRU or built in Custom Resolution Tool also is causing the 150mhz bug.

It seems that the driver does not allow any changes made to it`s system files by any application.

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Lol I have been in hospital for a few days with my son, my 13yr old daughter was using the PC tp play gta5 and other things and she called saying the AMD installer had popped saying there is a new driver, well me not being around I told her to choose the clean install and let it go until its reboots, she called me and said it took about half an hour to install and then rebooted

It had installed the 16.12.2 Jan 3rd drivers I was using the 17.1.1?? wtf