AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 (January 9 2017 edition) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Any luck for GCN 1.0 GPUs ?
    I am still using 16.4.2 last stable for me.Any new driver locks randomly on 850Mhz core and 1250Mhz memory on idle and stress.

2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    No, the UVD problem is still present. The last driver without it was 16.7.2.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You just need a VBE7 and little bit of basic knowledge and you can avoid UVD bug. Some of us already did that and others are still crying and waiting official AMD fix. Good luck with that.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The retarded benchmark option is toppling triple buffering. We are indeed in the darkest timeline.

5. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Triple Buffering was on top in the first week, they reset the votes or something.

There was a guy in the thread for 16.12.1 giving people a lecture over how Triple Buffering is just a hack and implementing it is a lost battle and waste of development time since it is not in DX specs, etc. etc. Can't keep everyone happy, you know.

6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Still doesn't solve the problem on idle, only for 3D. Unless you cripple the lowest UVD clock too at 300/150, which is useful and can see a lot of use without requiring full clocks, depending on your desktop usage.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Reverted back to 16.11.5, mem clocks locking at 150 again. Even reinstalled driver and it stayed there.:bang:

8. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    If you want a full UEFI (no CSM) setup you can't use VBE7, because VBE7 disable the UEFI image.

I only touched the bios of my HD 4350 because the PowerPlay section was broken to begin with and the bios of my HD 5670 to fix the bug with UVD (known bug for hd 5xxx) and well fix the mid clocks voltage (changed from 1v to 1.1v because it wasn't smooth when it was staying at mid clocks).

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." In this particular case the bios is not the problem. The problem is how the driver is handling the clocks.
    Someone that has looked at how the powerplay sections are for GCN 1.0 and GCN 1.1/1.2 can say more. Maybe the powerplay section for 1.0 has something in particular that doesn't exist in 1.1/1.2 and for some reasons AMD forgot about this :p . I'm too lazy to do it :D , mostly because it won't fix something...

On my hd 5670 for example the bios has exactly 2 values for mem clocks now: 300 and 950, but using gpu-z or ab show me 450, 475 and 600 for mem, mostly when changing between low/mid/high clocks. It does the same with the original bios. No clue if it's an issue with what clocks the driver is reporting, gpu-z/ab or it actually changes the mem clock to 450, 475 and 600 for some reason (I remember seeing it stuck for some minutes at 400 600 once, supposed to be 400 950, it auto fixed when it had to clock to 775 950), all I know is that I see it with all drivers available for hd 5670. So I don't really trust what AMD drivers are doing with the clocks/reporting about the clocks...
    Note: the example with hd 5670 is not related to 16.12.2 but it's just another example that I have related to clocks.

9. dejan_ibanez

dejan_ibanez Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290X
    r290x user, driver itself works fine, but software issues persist, wattman keeps the memory clocks to low for dual-display, i have flickering in both screens, thought my card was dying lol... so i use the 16.11.5 software and this driver

10. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500

11. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Installed rx 480 XFX GTR XXX version. Runs great , not even reaching 100 w while gaming.
    Relive works great but the v-sync is always on, even more compare to my gtx 580 in battlefield 1. Even when i force v-sync off in nv control panel/amd panel , if i do renderdevice.vsyncenable 0 my fps is going up(in-game). How can be eliminated completely v-sync?

12. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    Not sure yet if this was the driver or not but (looks like it) i ran into huge issues in Windows. The card would just turn the screen black soon after booting to Windows. Looks like my clocks were stuck at low levels even after installing the latest WHQL from a way back. Everything seems to be working now but i had to manually up my clocks from the CP or they wouldn't go past 460mhz after a fresh install. Should i be worried? How is that even possible. Driver settings shouldn't carry over different sets. I even did a clean DDU uninstall. I legit thought my monitor or card died :bang:

Now that i remember i actually had a few weird AMD control panel issues with the last Crimson driver before these ReLive ones. A couple blackouts when the monitor was supposed to come back from the sleep mode. Currently using the latest WHQL from October without issues.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming?

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

14. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    [​IMG]

Shame on you M$

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    My 3x1 Eyefinity setup is working just fine. No unusual issues. Tested with a few games. Maybe this issue will only affect those using multimonitor and NOT using Eyefinity?

Onna, whoever is your source should actually TEST SOMETHING before declaring an issue.

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Thats why it need to be verified :) :nerd: (?)

Good to know not every one is affected...

18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Well,as always M$ Windows 10 Service is the culprit.
    Run great they say,run everything better than old Win7/8.1 they say...

This driver update run well,No UDV-low clock problem (because of single monitor,well sometimes I use an TV on HDMI and no OC?).

19. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Anyone who's playing with Battlefield 1 , can you type this in console: render.drawscreeninfo 1 ?
    Tell me if you see the vsync is turning on and off. Thanks for that.

20. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Are you running fulscreen or borderless? In borderless, FPS are locked to monitor refresh rate.