Your worst product support experiences

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 164252, Dec 24, 2016.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Seagate 5tb HDD stopped working after 3 month, not any real use either, was only being used as a backup drive, so i sent it back to Seagate and they sent me out something that Freddie Kruger had used as a scratching post, and also to clean the mud from his football boot's, a complete and utter mess, and a older mode, it was also a recertificed HDD, and the final icing on the cake, they removed the 3 year warrenty i had for the new one and replaced the entire warrenty for the recertified one with just 6 month.

I spent over a a month emailing them and their excuse was, when i filled in the form to return the broken HDD i was also wavering all rights and warrenties to said HDD, and they were doing me a service by sending me a recertifed one.....oh how i did chuckle...... a quick call to my local trading standards office, and boom, same day a email stating, "as a one off they were going to replace the drive with a new one".........so 3 days later the new drive turned up.........my new secondhand recertifed 1tb portible HDD, seems fair right, 5tb HD for 1tB recertifed HDD.........so another batch of email's ensued and another discussion that this 1tb was the drive i had bought and sent them, but as luck would have it i still had the invoice and a copy of the email i recieved when i registered the 5tb for the 3 year warrenty.

So at last i eventually got the same drive back and new and it is still working 10 month's later, fingers crossed, or have i just hexed it. lol

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I don't know how Dell is now, but back around 2003, they were an absolute horrible company to deal with. MY sister bought a Dell desktop. After 13 months, the PSU failed. I contacted Dell after she had. I explained to the Dell idiot that the PSU failed and inquired about getting a new PSU. The response I got was that they don't sell PSUs to customers and that it was her fault it failed because she didn't buy the 3 year warranty. I mean, c'mon....telling a customer that if they wanted their computer to last more than 13 months, they should have bought a longer warranty? That's admitting *****. Fortunately, Dell faced a class-action suit over that particular model and the predictable (and excessive) PSU failures and lost in court.

My experience with Ford Motor Company comes as an employee at a Ford dealership....lol. Same as with Suzuki North America....I was an employee at a Suzuki dealership.

3. Idiots wasting your time deserve such treatment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2017
  4. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Wow extended shadows resetting lol... Anyway never had any bad experiences in 20 years even when my Asus Rampage iv black edition motherboard died mysteriously it was replaced with a new one within two weeks.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Such as idiots wanting answers to questions they never asked?

6. OK I'll make an exception one more time and I'll answer to one of your idiotic posts:

Rockstar has types of tickets. My ticket had type: "BUG REPORT". That means you are reporting a bug. It included precise description and even video showing the bug. Even title of my ticket had it's type in it:"Grand Theft Auto Online - PC - Bug Report". When bug is reported, somebody is supposed to check whether it is valid and add it to bug list.

It's obvious that you are absolutely untouched by software development so take this as a free lesson and stop posting nonsense.

7. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Then why did you not ask that you moron? Sorry report me if you want but you're an idiot, a rude one at that. You wanted them to answer a specific question AND AT NO POINT ASKED THAT QUESTION and then came here to bitch and moan about how no body at Rockstar helped you.

You weren't even looking for help, you said that yourself right there in the quotes, you wanted them to answer a question that you never asked and then got all huffy and rude when shock f*cking horror they didn't answer the question you never asked.

and it's obvious you are untouched by common decency, manners or intelligence.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This is what so many customers fail to understand, instead they just start spouting like children.

Pathetic.

9. If you create a bug report, you are reporting a bug, you don't have to tell them that explicitly again. They were just trying to make it a customer fault instead of going through procedure of issuing a bug. Ergo I'm repeating myself again.

Since you are not able to comprehend this simple thing and resorting to personal insults (who is rude here now, even without decency or manners...) all I can say to you is that insults from people like you feel like flattering to me.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Ford.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Just a few things that stood out to me:

1)Support was poo.
    2)Your tone was poo.

Support is really horrible at 'fixing' technical issues regarding games, so I wouldn't have bothered with it at all. I find Google > Other forums addressing the issue - to be much more useful and practical.

With that said, from what I have seen in public and on the internet, people need to understand (not OP, just people in general) that support or anyone in customer service don't work for them, they work for their company by helping you. They need to drop their patronizing superiority and stop acting like they have done so much with their lives, and beyond.

Hope you find a solution!

12. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    This is the exact reason I don't send bug reports (except in very rare cases), because then you have to deal with idiotic responses.

13. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Really well thank the Lord Jesus Christ you are here to explain that to me. Now here's my two cents of worthless nonsense, if you want an answer to a question it generally helps if you ask THAT question.

Small words, nice and clear.

Did you ask the question 'has this bug been added to the buglist?' at ANY point during your transcript with support?

Real simple, real straight forward and according to YOU the question that YOU wanted an answer too, I'll quote YOUR words again just to clarify I'll even bold the section specific to what you wanted to know.

You were NOT looking for help, you were looking for a specific answer to a specific question and failed to ask that question.

Calling you an ill mannered rude idiot, not really MY insult, really a highlight of you insulting yourself when you decided to respond with this

so yeah you insulted yourself when you though that THAT was appropriate to respond to someone who end of the day was

a). Doing their job
    b). Just trying to help, then again it seems you were never actually looking for help. Which in many regards make what you posted to that poor guy much much worse.

14. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    ^^This! I hate auto-renewals. I never select them but Kaspersky recently tried to renew my annual subscription for their internet security software. Don't get me wrong, I love Kaspersky's products, I just dislike auto-renewals.

How about a best product support experience? A few years ago when Micro-Direct were in business I tried to return a Powercolor ATI 5770 and was told I couldn't because i'd un-boxed it, and it's not their fault it wouldn't work in my pc. Anyhoo, I got the RMA rejected email after returning home from standing in the queue in their shop where I successfully exchanged the item for a Sapphire model which worked fine. Thanks Micro-Direct!

15. Jujudlapampa

Jujudlapampa Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX1070 2088/2302
    Worst :

Pretty much every internet provider (living in France btw). Everytime I notice unusual and persistent lag, I do some WINTMRs, see that one of my internet provider's link is having issues, I try to contact anyone to whom I could report that so it could be fixed in the near future, but no matter what department I am reaching, they are all the same, just reading their protocol step by step, which leads nowhere unless you can fix it by rebooting your router. It lasts a few months, then I give up, and live with it.

Best :

Logitech. L-O-G-I-T-E-C-H.
    I want their babies.
    Bought 10+ years ago a G15 first gen keyboard, after 5 years I had an issue with it, called them for 10min, 5 days later I received a free 2nd gen G15.
    I'm still using it to this day and it's flawless.