2017 Upgrade Path - What device are you upgrading to in 2017 ?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by chispy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It bent relatively easy.

Check another review like the ip7, his hands are shaking profusely in that video but phone does not bend.

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I was going to buy the new LG V20, however, aside from the great specification and the fact it comes with Nougat, I did not like the looks. It's hideously ugly.

I settled for the previous LG V10 instead. Beautiful phone and really sexy looking in every possible way. Great phone with many more positives than negatives.

Fantastic 1440p screen, superb 16mp camera, glass front and metal bezels, decent battery, dual sim, 64Gb built in memory plus room for an external SD card, 4gb ram, etc...

3. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I'm upgrading my Lumia 950 to Windows 10.8.1 Mobile/Phone. Hopefully it'll be as stable as 8.1 and "just works".

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That's what he says at the beginning of the iPhone 6S video....yet, again, how many people are dumb enough to subject their phones to direct flames? How many people intentionally try to bend phones? How many people take razor blades to their phones?

The iPhone 7 does in fact bend in that video. Watch it again.

Fact is, the vast majority of users are not going to subject a phone to the same **** he does. Nobody is putting a flame to their phone without the intent of destroying it. Nobody is putting razor blades or picks to their phone screens.

If you use at least a reasonable quality screen protector, the likelihood of a screen getting scratched is fairly low. If you use at least a reasonable quality case, the likelihood of damage as a result of a moderate fall is fairly low so long as nothing impacts the screen directly. If you have enough sense to keep your hands away from open flames, the changes of the screen being burned by fire is zero. Personally, I use only Skinomi and Fosman screen protectors and Incipio or Spigen cases.

If you want a nearly indestructible phone....get the Xiaomi MiMix. That's the only phone that he couldn't get to actually bend. Not even sure how he managed to get his hands on that phone since it's not available outside of China.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Likely the same. Sticking with my 6+ until it dies.

That seriously looks exactly like an iPhone 6/7 with a Samsung home button. Are they seriously trying to troll Apple at this point?

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Agreed, haha, indeed a copy...

7. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Buying an ASUS zenfon 3 deluxe tuesday supposed to be good

8. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Where you heard about the Pixel!??

9. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Bought Nubia Z7 from china, gonna receive it in 2017 :).
    http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7-6490.php
    It's ex flagship device that was sold for ~600$+ when released in Q3 2014 now you can buy it for 129$ including free worldwide shipping, really cheap for 2K 5.5"/3GB Ram/OIS IMX214 camera/AKM Dac and more ;-)
    I had the Z7 mini since 2014 till last month when I sold it, was really happy with it(payed 300$ on BF 2014).

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Waiting for Nokia with what they planned to release this year.
    Until then, my Lumia 730 just works, going strong for more than 2 years.
    I am in no hurry, and this is good.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    A quick google search makes it easy to find out about complaints regarding the Pixel phone.

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Diehard Blackberry. Waiting...

10.3.3 finally gives Z10 decent battery life.

13. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I am still using a Note 4 here lol. Currently running Stock ROM with internal apps ripped out of the ROM so its running super smooth. Couple that with a 64gb card and internal 32gb im more than happy.

As of right now i am not sure which upgrade will be a good one. I bought a Moto Z Play

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_z_play-8310.php

for my mom and shes loving it. It is actually quite a nice phone and is running stock android i believe.

14. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Pixel 2 probably. Depends if they fix the shortcomings of the first pixel. If not I might look at the galaxy S8, note 7 successor of the Oneplus 4.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What are you waiting for? BBOS is dead.... Blackberry has jumped on the Android bandwagon now. If I could find a Blackberry device with build quality like the Z10, I'd jump on it. However, to me the Priv felt cheap compared to the Z10.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Yes, BB10 is dead. All the QNX staff was let go except for the auto market and what not. Not caring for the PRIV is why I am still using the Z10. Hopefully the Mercury will be a different story. Not sure what to thing about TCL's manufacturing ability. Given that the TV is android based, do not really see myself going iOS. Already have an iPOD touch for that.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I liked BB10....it just lacked apps and features and I wasn't willing to stick around and see if the bugs got fixed. Especially not after the broken promises made to PlayBook users.

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    When did this happen? I can't say i'm shocked to read that bit of info. RIM has been struggling for a very long time.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Also, I was going to wait for the iPhone 8 Plus. Because of the company my wife works for, I was able to get a discount on the 7 Plus. So, I basically got me a free phone today. Which I couldn't pass that offer up. :infinity:

20. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Ill be sticking with my Pixel XL if it survives until end of 2018.

I have never said this about my phone before but i love it.

I havent had the issues others have been getting with the freezing and sound, so lucky me.

This is the first phone that i have gotten and not been looking for the next best thing.