Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    A wise man once said that patience is a virtue.

2. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    HI.. great
    can you tell me how i do that ?
    and one more question ... the fog in your patch ! i want to use it in other mod .. is it the fog.lib only or i have to take another files with it
    thank you :)

3. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    It's using Danvsw's sky and fog, I'm planning to switch to relaunch sky and fog once I find a way to make the fog white during this tod.

4. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    ok ... this is a great news ...i will wait than ... good luck

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Fixed the sweatshirt colour:

[​IMG]

6. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    @TheCrasher
    In general, how is the performance for you?

7. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Since I'm using the old graphical settings, which are very performance intensive, I get about and average of 45 fps with a single GTX 970 (Even though I have SLI, WD's SLI profile is non-existent so I get the same fps to that of one GPU)

8. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Noice. May I ask, when you release the mod, will you release a version with the vanilla Aiden face? Unless you guys are still working on it, it still looks kinda unfinished to me, mostly with how rough the textures on the E3 face right now. It just seems a little too rough to look like skin.

ALSO, if you ever get the time, would you send screen shots of other times of day? I'm kinda curious what later and the day and night time looks like with the PS4 reveal build's lighting.

9. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    The skin isn't rough, it's just that the texture is very high resolution, and on top of that, I have low anti-aliasing with sharpening enabled, that is what's causing the effect.

The sharpening is like that because I have an astigmatism, so the game looks normal to me with it; I'll make sure to release it with lower sharpening for you guys. :)

So if you guys play the game without sharpening or with low sharpening, with txaa or temporal smaa, he will look fine.

(I explained this a few pages ago)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  10. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Without sharpening and green filter, and with high anti-aliasing:

[​IMG]

11. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    The problem was definately the awful sharpening, this looks a lot better. :) When you release the mod I suggest to use only screenshots saved with these video settings as "promotional material", otherwise they would be misleading about the quality of your work. ;)

12. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

which anti-aliasing setting you were using

13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    If you mean with clouds then it's achievable. I can give you my color values for clouds.lib. I think it will work with Dans sky & fog.

14. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I'll make sure to keep that in mind. ;)

That sounds great!

I am a man of my word.

(ps4 premiere uses cutscene lighting, so face shading is different, jacket on the mashup mod is improved, so that's why it looks different)

Note that ps4 premiere has a red filter, so if you want the full ps4 premiere look, turn off the reshade preset once it's released. :) (second comparison has reshade off)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is what relaunch pharmacy lighting looks, the lighting is less intense than vanilla (no reshade in this one either):

[​IMG]

15. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    I think the sharpening is just fine, as long as you use in-game FXAA + NVCP FXAA at the same time over it.

The results are great, the blur is compensated by the sharpness while still keeping textures sharp, almost looking like if everything just got a bit higher resolution.

Actually i found out that this is possibly the best AA (combination) one could use with Watch Dogs, and maybe with some other games:

SweetFX/Reshade with Lumasharpen at 1.5 + in-game FXAA + NVCP FXAA, all at the same time.

I compared it to MSAA, TXAA, SMAA and SweetFX/Reshade SMAA, and so far i think nothing looks as clean and sharp at the same time enough to compare to it.

Try it out guys! =]

16. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    It looks really good without that insane sharpening and the green filter.
    Nice job Crasher!

17. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Dang, you're getting pretty close. From what I can see, the sunlight needs to be a bit whiter, and the street and building lights a bit brighter as well with maybe a little less fog in my opinion (but if I remember right you said you were still working on that kinda stuff (plus it's your own mod so you do you)) Regardless, great work man. It's really impressive.

18. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    This is using the exact same lighting as that trailer, the engine was just downgraded even more, so it looks different.

The supposed downgrade by the way is caused by the very bright lighting in vanilla, add a little more intense auto exposure, and you make it look 10,000 times better.

19. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Awesome results, man. Looking forward your Mashup Mod update.

20. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    @TheCrasher

The MASHUP mod looks promising! Can you please specify everything that will be different/new in the next release?