42.51 Still highest Soft Quadro compatible

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Samiam, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    I tried 44.03 and 45.23 and couldn't get them to work for Soft Quadro with my ti4200.

Using NVstrap of course.

Tried using various patch scripts as well as the decryptor in various combinations. None worked to allow stable Quadro running in OpenGL with "Maya" settings enabled including overlays.

:(

45.23 wouldn't patch at all.

44.03 would patch but then freeze in SpecViewperf (after running very fast for a little bit) which is similar to other non-SQ-compatible attempts at drivers above 42.51 in past.

So basically, it seems 42.51 is still the highest driver capable of being Quadroed under any circumstances I'm aware of.

Anyone know different? Thanks.

2. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    Anyone who has exoerience with this that Agrees -OR- Disagrees, please post. Unfortunatly I've tried to get this info from the docs but it doesn't seem completly clear to me from them.

Thanks

3. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    . bump .

From testing it seems that 42.51 is still the highest drivers that are soft Quadro compatible.

The docs say this, but then are somewhat ambiguous I areas so I thought I'd confirm it.

4. clokkevi

clokkevi Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    Aha??

So maybe *that* is why I get these "triple cursors" / "0.5 seconds blackouts"
    - and, in the end, a crash - when running both Maya and 3ds max in OpenGL..

I'll try the 42.51 drivers, then..!
    Thanks a lot!
    (I hope)

5. duongtoan76

duongtoan76 Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce FX5950U 256MB
    Did you mean 43.51?

6. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    No I meant 42.51.

As far as I know that is the highest that works with SQ.

I know that drivers up to around 44.03 will give a "success" result when patching. HOWEVER, after 42.51 there are additional protections and that those drivers will not work stably. An exception may be 44.03 with FX series which one person reports to work. He also confirms that 44.03 does not work on his 4200 nor do they work on my 4200.

What happens on 44.03 is they appear to work with SQ, allow Quadro features to be turned on, but quickly crash in SpecViewPerf, Maya, and other OpenGL pro apps.

If you have any experience that 43.51 work with SQ stably and complete Spec benchmarks please let us know.

:)

7. duongtoan76

duongtoan76 Member

GPU:
    Yes I have 43.51 works without any problems. My TI4600 is now a Quadro 900 XGL. BTW I only use it with 3D modeling in Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004 so I don't know much about compabilities with other programs.

8. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    ok thanks for the info. I'm going to try that although I suspect the 43.51 may be like the 44.03 and only be SQ compatible on FX series. I have a TI 4200.

Will try though.

9. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    oops. I'm reading too quickly. Just notice you have a TI4600. OK now I'm really curious.

BRB

10. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    Just tested 43.51 and the do NOT work for Maya. I had some stuttering, dual cursors (1st time to see that) and then a lock up.

Since they lock up my system I didn't bother trying to run Spec. I'm confident they would not complete it, although anyone is welcome to try. :)

This behavior is consistant with drivers not being truly SQ compatible over 42.51

To sum up 42.51 is still the highest SQ compatible drivers.

11. duongtoan76

duongtoan76 Member

GPU:
    That's good to know.

12. clokkevi

clokkevi Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    Yes - I'm very thankful for that you have bothered trying all these driver versions !
    I could neither see anything in the SoftQuadro-docs telling me
    that e.g. 43.51 would not work - so when I got these
    issues in Maya & 3ds max in OpenGL - I just gave up.

Nearly - that is. I thought I could ask here if anyone knew
    anything about this, and, just after I had posted my question
    - behold! - there was the answer straight in front of me,
    in the topic listing...!!

42.51 Still highest Soft Quadro compatible :D

I changed from 43.51 to 42.51...
    ...and the last 48 hours Maya has been running perfectly !!
    So, once again - thank you very much, Samiam !! :D

PS. Do you know - or have any idea - why the higher versions will not work ?

13. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    Driver changes stop the mod from working. Unwinder periodically updates the SQ to work for the new drivers. Last time was 42.51