Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.4.2 Released.

See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

2. deNordic

deNordic Guest

Is there any way to avoid desktop's icons relocation after uninstalling drivers ?

3. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    I use a third party program to restore the icon layout after a driver change.

http://www.softwareok.com/?Download=DesktopOK

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/DesktopOK

4. Tempter

Tempter Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 8850m OC
    I'm having big problem with this software. I'm usin this soft from radeon 14.4 driver on my old laptop with amd+intel. After 17.0.3 i can't install new amd drivers. I'm cleaning drivers in safe mode, then pc reboots and i'm installing new amd drivers(16.12.2). Screen blanks like new driver are being installed then pc freezes and has no reaction to ctrl+alt+del, alt+f4, win, win+r. I should manually hard restart it and when windows is loading pc freezes again. After 3 hard reboots windows starts diognostics and i should restore it from backup.
    I tried to delete drivers in normal mode and i noticed that microsoft basic drivers are not working it was like:
    After this driver installing always gevies me hard freeze which can't be fixed by rebooting pc.

After 3 tries of DDU i reinstalled my win10.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    DDU logs please. wagnard28@gmail.com

keep note that drivers 14.x are from 2014 and not tested by DDU anymore

6. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Your GPU 8850m is not supported by the Relive Catalyst Drivers that you are installing. DDU is not the cause of your issue.

Last version of Catalyst that supports your 8850m can be found here by downloading the " Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver " file.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/notebook/8700m-8800m

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  7. Tempter

Tempter Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 8850m OC
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  8. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    I have examined the C0309792.inf file which by default is extracted to the folder path of C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.2-Dec19\Packages\WT6A_INF\WT6A_INF and found no reference for a 8850m GPU or any 8800 - 8700 model.

After you download the "Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver" package, run the file. Let the installer unpack the downloaded file and then stop the installer before the Catalyst driver is actually installed.

Look at the second entry in the extracted folder path C:\AMD\ " Look Here " This is the version that the "Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver" file has downloaded.

What is the name of the folder located after C:\AMD\ ?

You may want to make a restore point just in case you accidentally install the Catalyst Driver.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  9. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    I have read the release notes for Catalyst Relive Version 16.2.2 found here:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.2-Release-Notes.aspx

The " Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility " chart indicates that the "AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics " are supported. I re-examined the " WT6A_INF " and did locate the reference that I apparently over looked the first time. " AMD682B.25 = "AMD Radeon HD 8800M Series"

I stand Corrected.

These are not WHQL drivers which means that they may not install unless you make certain changes to your Windows and / or Bios Boot settings.

These settings have been mentioned in other threads a number of times. Take a look at the main thread for the Relive Catalyst and you will find what you may need to do.

Restore point always recommended. If you decide to use DDU and issues occur, DDU Logs will be required for further troubleshooting.

Please note the following information from the release notes.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  10. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.4.3 Released.

See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017

11. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.5.0 Released.

12. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    I've been meaning to ask about that for along time.

Is it a Windows USB thing or a DDU related (the way it forces windows to restart at Safe Mode)?

When I had my previous Logitech k/b (G15), it would always work, but my G500 mouse wouldn't.

About two months ago, I got me a nice G610 and now (using the same ports) it won't work as well.

I have a simple MS wireless mouse always connected that remains unaffected (if I switch ports the MS works, the Logitech doesn't) and an older (way older) Logi k/b that I only connect for this exact reason (when I'm using DDU).

Thought it had something to do with my "all AMD/Win10" rig, but today I came across this issue from a nVidia user (Win 7).

Any suggestions, or workarounds?

If it's a Microsoft/Windows thing, my apologies.

Thank you in advance.

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Windows in safemode prevent some drivers to be loaded. (The GPU driver is an example)
    Probably you are using a USB3 port that may be using a driver that is denied by the "SafeMode" feature. Try using a USB2 port and it will probably work.
    It could be the Logitech driver that isn't allowed to be loaded in safemode too.
    Anyway you probably got the idea.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  14. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I'm using exactly the same ports that I've been using with my previous h/w.

Switching ports doesn't help (Logi mouse/kb@usb2 still won't work, MS mouse@usb 3 will still work) either.

It's not a big fuss, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Probably the driver of your device itself if the ports doesn't change anything.

Unfortunately, it is not a DDU bug as DDU only ask Windows to boot into safe mode.

But if you manage to find the exact reason/driver of why it doesn't work in safe mode, I know a trick or 2 to always make it work in safe mode.

16. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Ok, good to know.

If I (somehow) manage to find the problem (both k/bs G15 and G610 use the same logitech software/driver combo -Logitech Gaming Software. G15 didn't have this problem, G610 has it), I'll let you know.

Thank you for your prompt reply and input.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal (network for safe mode with network support)

This is the location that we can allow services / apps to work in safemode.

The trick would be to check (via device manager) what is the driver (xxxx.sys) used by your mouse while you are in normal mode and set it in the registry location above) with the correct parameter.

Also, you probably wouldn't have this issue if you are using the default Windows driver for the mouse. Since you have a Logitech, you probably installed Logitech software/driver to take advantages of the functions of the mouse.
    I too have a G15 and it work correctly even with Logitech drivers. The reason it work, is because we can see in normal mode that the driver for the keyboards itself is still the default Windows drivers. Logitech simply detect the extra stuff on the keyboard.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  18. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Looks like it might worth a try.

I'll try to sort this out, although there are 5 HID-compliant consumer control devices, 6 HID-compliant vendor-controlled devices, 1 HID-compliant system controllers, 6 USB input devices, a Logitech Gaming Virtual Mouse + K/b and a MS Hardware USB k/b+mouse at the HID section and I have no clue as to which is what.

LGVirHid.sys is the driver for the Logitech virtual mouse/kb. Could this be the right one?

There is no specific kb driver at the "Keyboard" section (only generic microsoft, outdated) and 4 different .sys (Klmouflt.sys, LGSHidfilt.sys, mouclass.sys, mouhid.sys) at the "Mouse" section for the "Logitech HID-compliant G500 Gaming mouse" (also, a generic MS HID-compliant mouse and a generic Logi).

I'm a bit reluctant about messing with the registry without being sure about the outcome.

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yeah it's probably the one. But as you said, there is always risk with playing with the registry. Since this is not a real big issue, it's up to you to see if it's worth it or not and on top of that, it's not 100% sure it will work as there could be a another service that need to be added or another driver in the system devices who knows how Logitech setup their stuff.

20. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    We'll see.

Might as well be a Windows Insider related problem and it could be fixed on a future release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.