AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 (January 9 2017 edition) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    FreeSync remains broken on my RX 480 X ASUS MG278Q combo. I have sent a bug report to AMD again. Based on opinions, the chance that they care is rather low. I'm beginning to understand why Tom Peterson calls G-sync a premium product...

2. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    someone with R9 and artifacts/corrupted image in some game have tryed this driver release maybe in combination with MSI AB? i previously tryed 16.12.1 and found artifacts/hangs in far cry 4 and assetto corsa (back to 16.11.3 all works fine)

3. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Found the culprit for the non working FreeSync- it is caused by Flash Hardware Acceleration. Once i turned it off, the Freesync is working as expected.
    So guys, please try to disable Flash HW Acceleration in your browser-no needs to disable Browser HW Acceleration at all, only Flash.

For MSI AB issues - try to disable MS AB unofficial overclocking mode only and you can use it for overclocking.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  4. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah I dont why some of you still using bloatware&bugware Adobe Flash.
    If a site or program want it then uninstall or not surf on that site,even if its the best of the best site or program.
    Its easy for me,but I know its not easy for you.

To PrMinisterGR&Shakabutt:

I use Windows 8.1&7,Firefox 50 (great revision btw),MPC-HC x64.Forget about Win10&UWP,still buggy and restricted enviroment.

NO problem for me,I have opened in the same time a game+FF50(no HW)+MPC with mp4 video+MSI AF=after I close video and FF50 no problem to video clocks down to minimum.I do not OC my video card,its already OC from Gigabyte.

As I say many times: WIn 10 enviroment is still buggy and restricted for some drivers and programs(forget about UWP appps).
    Every PC enviroment comes with different problem and solution,so if every program works well with my tweaked system,then I'm not sure if the same thing will works well on every user system on this planet. :)
    Some of you use in the same time Wattman,MSI AF,Sapphire Trixx,the trick is to not use many programs that do the same thing: OC.
    And try to not force trigger some bugs.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    No memory clock bug where its stuck at idle clocks 100% of the time?

I may give this version of ReLive a shot as I really miss bordless freesync already!

6. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Good for you but I had no luck trying.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

I followed the instruction posted above to disable flash hardware acceleration on Google Chrome. However, a quick dive into Resident Evil Revelations 2 proved FreeSync's failure. (New ASUS monitors come with a built-in refresh-rate counter, if you're wondering)

7. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    That bug wasn´t fixed.

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Well I just played BF1 for 30 mins, no issues.
    Mem is stuck at full clocks, but I dont leave my pc on 24/7. But it was doing that with 16.15 as well.
    I installed this ontop of 16.15 and so far so good. Well see if last when I get back from job #2 this evening.

9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    amd has just to say that this drivers are only for rx family and stop that

for all other cards use <= 16.11.5

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Huh?

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What are you talking about? Driver itself support gcn1.0+.

12. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Are you mad or so? Had 16.12.1, then installed 16.12.2 and everything works great. I bet your system is broken down and that occured bugs.

13. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    my system works fine with 16.11.3 so it's not broken..

14. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I uninstalled 16.12.1 through add/remove software, after that I used DDU and my system was perfectly clean afterwards. So yes, you can use DDU, it will create a fresh windows install concerning graphics drivers.

I reinstalled 16.11.2 since these worked great before, and I don't want to fix what isn't broken.
    Reason for this is a blue screen when running shadow warrior 2 for 2 hours or more. Playing it or leaving it at the menu doesn't seem to matter.
    So in order to rule out my overclocks I need to check if this also occurs with older drivers. If this isn't the case then I will install these latest drivers.
    But again, I will use DDU just the same since it works fine on intel based systems.

It might trip over old or obscure .dll files though, if someone tried many drivers and/or modded drivers, then problem can arise, even when using DDU.
    But for the regular drivers it does a fine job and is updated on a regular base also.

15. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Some guys are informative in these kind of matters. I only share it, as i did before the new bench-marking method . Now Amd users got the OCAT. I posted that information several months ago.

For me does not make any difference at all if you acknowledge these information's or ignore it.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Still have b0rky behavior with memory clocks and screen tearing/glitching due to memory running at 150. Even happens when I set all my monitors to same refresh rate. Goes away when I only use one monitor, but that is unacceptable.

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    It's clean install of Win7 and the game is installed on Samsung's 850 Pro 256GB drive. Also my GTA IV doesn't have any additional mods nor changes.

With 16.12.5 drivers game runs with no problems on max. settings 60fps @1440p in benchmark, no bottlenecks here, just a bad AMD's ReLive driver mate ;)

18. Rapier-

Rapier- Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 290x
    For some reason my R9 290x memory frequency in WattMan stuck at 0 Mhz.

i.imgur.com/SndJCaQ.png

i.imgur.com/8RKhJIU.png

i.imgur.com/N93oBe3.png

i.imgur.com/IyOt6RH.png

I've tried using DDU and clean install. Downgrade to 16.12.1 also doesn't work. (Before, I had 16.12.1 install with no problem but this problem occurred after I install 16.12.2)

This result in lag in every game that demand graphic power like Dota 2, Dead By Daylight, etc.
    The card doesn't clock up when needed.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I've seen your work in the Asus forums. Why not try making a hybrid consisting of the older Crimson Control Panel and the newer ReLive drivers to see how it goes and tell us about your findings? From what I've gathered, you're pretty good at this.

20. guskline

guskline Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 FE EK block
    Using the new 16.12.2 drivers in my 6700k with 2 RX480s in CF. BF1 runs well now. Still no access to Chill feature in Wattman.