AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 (January 9 2017 edition) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    If you dont want trigger that bug then dont use some software.

GTA IV & V moded works fine,Metro LL & Technomancer the same.Even COH1 (DX10) works great.
    Something is wrong with your setup.Your tri-core (2x3 Amd cores) cpu is worthless now.If you have Win 10 spy-ware edition then sorry cant help.

Ohh Btw: Don't,I repeat DO NOT,put AMD driver Dlls in any game directory,don't check "run as admin" & "disable display scaling" for any game exec in Compatibility tab.
    You will have better performance.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  2. Shakabutt

Shakabutt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Firefox and some videos/websites lock up my clocks. Thats not a solution. I have a r9 280 btw. It happens less when i disable HW acc in firefox but videos and font smoothing are ****.

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    UVD bug still here and well. I must have reported it more than 10 times. FFS AMD.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The bug is here for five months now and more than ten driver releases. He should report it and create a sh*tstorm, not stop using "some software" like f*cking WEB BROWSERS or MEDIA PLAYERS. Since when Firefox, Chrome and UWP apps are "some software"?

Don't cut yourself on the edge son. If you seriously have an AMD GPU, Windows 10 are a must. Unless you can't feel frame inconsistencies, then you're a lucky man.

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The only remedy I have found to combat the dreaded UVD bug being triggered is to force Chrome to use the aging Flash player instead of HTML5. But then I am limited to 30 FPS videos which I am not very fond of. And as PrMinisterGR has mentioned in another thread, other software that uses the HTML5 player will trigger this bug. I think it's about time these issues get some sort of attention from the tech journalists, and there's also this rumor of Async compute being disabled on older AMD cards which I can't substantiate nor deny since I don't own AOTS.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Has been ask to coop? No budget so far?
    I strongly recommend you to avoid posting maked up stories like that.

7. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    Somehow, at some point, the reLive overlay stopped working with my uPlay games in exclusive full screen mode. This driver has fixed that issue. I am happy :)

8. Aquarad

Aquarad Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 480/4Gb
    Anyone knows what happened to Controls under (My Digital Flat Panel), Under (Radeon Additional Settings)? Tex "Display Color" control. I don't have it after 16.12!

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Radeon Additional Settings can be found now in
    Preferences/Radeon Additional Settings
    Where is Language, Banners etc.
    On my Setup it launches CCC from 15.8 ;)

10. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Color and saturation settings have been removed, you can vote for them to be added back here:

Code:
    http://radeon.com/radeonsoftware/feedback/

Looking at the changelog, the fact they now have a whole section for known issues for ReLive means that despite the ultra broken state of the driver itself and lack of proper attention from AMD, now they are going to even shift some attention from the driver towards ReLive. Couple this with the fact that Vega is on the horizon and when it is out, all the remaining attention will be also shifted towards Vega support, I think it is safe to assume all the bugs that people are experiencing but are not acknowledged by AMD will never be fixed (e.g. the GCN v1.0 UVD bug).

11. Aquarad

Aquarad Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 480/4Gb
    Thanks.

12. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Any stability improvements for non-GCN4 GPUs?

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It wont be fixed. You can report it as many time you want. Its sad really but you have to know when to give up.

14. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    Multi-monitors corruption is gone for me.

FIFA 17's menus and cutscenes now run at ~5fps in borderless windowed here. There was stuttering with 16.12.1. It used to be the same with SFV but that one got fixed with the new drivers.

15. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Thankfully, I'm not into sport games.

16. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
    This post need a sticky.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great driver for my set up , no problems to report on my 290x while playing Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport Apex , Need For Speed 2016 , DiRT Rally and Bioshock Infinite at the moment.

18. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Had to edit my previous post because the flicker in Watch Dogs 2 seems to be back. I originally tested it twice, both times I tested the menu before and after loading a save, but without playing the game for more than 2 minutes.

Now that I played for real, menu flicker seems back. Annoying.
    I sent a video of it to AMD in a bug report, but sadly it seems it hasn't been watched yet. I recorded it again and will sent it as a bug report for the new drivers.

This was the previous one, for anyone curious what it looked like. (Recorded with phone, as the glitch disappears when recording with ReLive or OBS with GPU encoding)
    It doesn't happen inside the actual game (once you move into 3D)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hrg1wtVVvU

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Great Driver for my setup..no problems!

20. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    I'll have to agree with Undying here.

Not the first case it happens, HD 5xxx series had an UVD bug that was never fixed as far as I know (they blame it on the bios but they could had fix it in drivers if they actually wanted, it was easier for them to say upgrade to hd 6xxx cause well that way more money for them). Ofc you can always bios edit the UVD clocks to match the 3D ones on a HD 5xxx and fix the problem but lets face it the % of hd5xxx owners that did this is low.