Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I tried finding people with the issue but could never find anyone! Nice to see someone else ;).

I tried Watch Dogs 2 and Battlefield 1 with a +19mv OC and FF14 with +38mv OC. Haven't had the issue yet! I'm almost scared of trying more games and being heartbroken if the issue appears once more.

2. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Unfortunately, not the case here.

BF1, still here.

Will try some different combinations, but I'm not optimistic.

3. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Here are my Afterburner settings. If anyone else is reading this and knows more about afterburner, feel free to give feedback about which settings might help:
    http://i.imgur.com/tccp81g.jpg

I tried Path of Exile, since it's the only game I'm currently playing which I also played back when I first discovered the issue. It triggered the issue pretty quickly, so I played for about 25 minutes.
    I brought the card from 1040/1500/0mv to 1140/1500/+38mv. I did not touch the memory as I find this driver to be very finicky and sensitive to memory changes.

Around the middle of my session, I had the screen go dark for a split second. Near the end, I had it happen again. It didn't go fuzzy like it used to do and the monitor didn't lose signal, but it's not reassuring that it went dark for a split second. The picture didn't seem to "move" around either, sometime in the past my picture would come back but be offset, up too high or too much to a side, leaving my monitor's outline.
    Edit: I had clockblocker running in compute-method in the background to avoid the card reducing its clock if PoE wasn't heavy enough to keep them maxed, but my GPU load definitely reached 100% many times because of the game.
    Voltage got very high (for me). Went up to 1.289, which I rarely see. WattMan says the card should use 1275 for State 6 and 7, but even an overclock + BF1 doesn't get me that high.

My BF1 and Watch Dogs 2 sessions were at 1120mhz and +19mv instead. Maybe this drivers made my card more stable to the voltage changes, as +25 was an instant trigger for me previously. +6mv was enough to trigger it, but not in every game and not as reliably.

Maybe something in my Afterburner setting is helping with this, too. But those are the settings I've used with previous drivers. I'm not currently running RTSS either. Try without touching the memory at all, if you were previously. With previous drivers I could overclock my memory (and Aux voltage) without the monitor getting fuzzy, but these drivers don't like it when I touch it.
    Forgot to say: I also keep Power Limit to 0%. I don't touch it at all.

Edit2:
    Played 2 full Operations with the card going from 1040/1500/+0mv to 1120/1500/+25mv. No issues this time.
    Voltage spent most of its time under 1.250, peaked at 1281.

Edit3: After freshly booting my PC, I listened to a video on youtube in the background (no hardware acceleration) and played Path of Exile again. This time with 1120/1500/+25mv like I did with Battlefield 1. No running clockblocker this time, in case it interfered in some way (just a precaution). Voltage was going from 1242 to 1266, peaked at 1281 like it did in BF1. No issue this time around, no black screen.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  4. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Those of you who are having Windows 10 BSOD issues, unability to overclock and unstable performance, i would recommend you to install the latest Windows 10 official update, build 14393. I had the same issues before installing this update. Also please note to use DDU while installing this driver and choose Custom-->> Clean Install in the Driver Installer Section.

5. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Thanks. It works great this way.

6. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I get weird frequencies during idle. Previously it was sitting at 300ish MHz most of the time, but now it mostly stays around 600 or more.

7. Nymphie

Nymphie Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DCU2
    If i turn off my monitor Asus MG279Q 144Hz and turn it on again, i get massive flickering with this driver. I thought my monitor was broken, do they even test the drivers?

8. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Does anyone know whether voltage in Wattman is ever supposed to be able to go below 1000mV? I was playing with the states and am unable to set anything under 1000. No matter what I enter, the lowest reported value is around 983mV. I wonder why are the lower states editable at all.

9. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Whatever I try, the on/off thing is still there.

Disabling ULPS just made it appear less frequently, but it did appear after 30' of BF1.

I'm pretty sure that the card is a very bad overclocker, chip wise.

Tbh, though, I can't remember this sh.t back with the 16.7s (BF1 A+B, Witcher 3 etc) or so.

Maybe I'll give them a try, just to be sure it's a driver thing (if I can find them).

10. StormBolt

StormBolt Guest

How about Win7? The patched atikmdag.sys for win10 doesn't work on win7 :(

11. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 XT
    Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the RECORDING STARTED overlay being omitted from the actual recording?

12. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Already tried that (that's why I'm writing "manually").

It seems that every single AMD chipset package has the same (very) old drivers, from March 2015.

The problem is that sometimes, Windows 10 decide that MS's drivers are better and mess everything up.

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Does anyone know why the VP9 decoding is Chrome-only?

14. darkvader75

darkvader75 Member

GPU:
    7900XTX on Water
    Blinking screen

My monitor blinks out turns off and turns back on and recovers. I used display driver uninstaller to put back 11.5 and everything works great.

This driver causes massive failures on my system. 2 AMD Fury's in crossfire. Not sure why, but maybe the power savings features mess up with crossfire.

15. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I like to set my fan speeds manually in order to dissipate heat due to my overclocking of just about everything I can. I set the RPM to around 2000. After watching a video using MPC-BE, I see the RPM get lowered to the default which is around 1200. The slider is still on manual. Is this the new Chill feature causing this?

16. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Okay just chiming in on something I just found today that might be causing some issues. With the 16.12.1 drivers on my new RX 480 it only shows the power limit at +/- 5% when I go back to the 16.11.5 drivers it allows a power limit of +/- 50%

Now my R9 390 in both drivers allowed the +/- 50% power limit but has other overclock issues in the ReLive 16.12.1 drivers

I am still learning the RX 480 for overclocking but thought I would point out the power limit differences. Also even with the signed unlocked powercolor RX 480 bios the voltage is still locked in 16.12.1 ReLive Drivers.

Alrighty been doing a lot of testing yesterday and today. Yesterday I received a RX 480 as an RMA replacement so I have a R9 390 and RX 480 to work with.

The R9 390 issues have been reported and and remained the same for me. However if you leave it at defaults and DO NOT OVERCLOCK it works fine, no artifacting and no memory down clock locking.

With the RX 480 on the Relive drivers for example the power limit is limited to +/- 5% not the 50%, when I install the 16.11.5 drivers the correct power limit is restored.

For now my recommendations is to leave your GPUs clocks at DEFAULTS
    Also I cannot get my freesync over HDMI on non freesync monitor to work correctly on the relive drivers.

Overclocking on the RX 480 is new to me but having some issues which may be due to that, but on the ReLive drivers I can reproduce the lines on the screen that the R9 290/390 gets on the RX 480, but with the number of other issues with the ReLive drivers I am putting that on the back burner and will not test it it until the overclocking issues are worked out.

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I agree, the mem clocks dropping to 150 and locking is a big reason why I went back to 16.11.5.

18. |XTerk-RS|

|XTerk-RS| Active Member

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 6700XT
    Everything working fine here, including AB 4.3.0 and my OC settings with +25 in Power Limit... the only problem I had is that Radeon Settings won't open, which I fixed it changing the properties of RadeonSettings.exe in "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext" to "Run As Administrator" in the Compatibility Tab (in All Users).

I have nothing new or fancy here except the ReLive and the Custom Resolution options.

19. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Look on my post http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5369266#post5369266

Only for Saturation http://vibrancegui.com/
    but
    I finded on github https://github.com/heftyy/saturation-changer/releases/download/v0.2.1/saturation_changer_0_2_1.7z

Attention
    This app start with all settings to 0... Pls Download my settings(download and replace with my file) https://www.dropbox.com/s/28mxjpo5imkitzs/saturation_changer.conf?dl=1
    After replacing file with my settings, change saturation, brightness and contrast.
    Brightness must me 0, other settings are 100 default

[​IMG]

Edit:
    Other tool is saturationtoggler.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/saturationtoggler/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  20. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Bult-in benchmark has over 4000 votes in pool. What the hell? Seems like stupid hoax.