MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Those were the days . damn. fly planet to planet. mission to mission. customizing mech for best configuration.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Fair enough, I just didn't like Mech games for some reason, preferred other fps games at the time.
    To each his own and like said glad to see the series continued nevertheless (even if by a smaller studio outsourced by MS).

Plus who knows I may love Mech 5 once it's out.

3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Actually looks quite interesting, there aren't really any games like that, except for mwo I suppose, but I didn't really like that. So even if it's mediocre, it still could be a lot of fun, kinda like call of juarez, but they'll really need to leverage the genre.

4. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Nobody here was in NBT, then?

5. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    I only played the campaign in the previous Mechwarrior games. Played competitive MWO for years though.

6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    NBT made the current (or even peak) MWO community look like a small gathering of close friends...

7. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Yeah i've heard. A couple of guys i played MWO with were in IHx (Clan Ice Hellion) in MW4.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Ahh... good ole' IHx. They had the pleasure of being the last clan the unit i was on beat in our last PA of the league.

I miss those days. Still nothing like it anywhere in online gaming since.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    mw4 with a sidewinder FF joystick controller was immersive as any game i played the amazing ff on that stick made you feel like you were piloting a several ton mech.

i look forward to this, but microsoft needs a new sidewinder line joystick.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The walking speed looks awkward for such large vehicles.

12. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    MechWarrior 3 was and still is my fav Mech in cockpit view piloting experience. The vid above shows no in cockpit views. Too bad. The engine visuals so far don`t look too bad. Hopefully THIS Mercs actually delivers.

13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Can`t remember how long this has been out. But I decided to take the plunge and try this new Mercs. Lots to love surprisingly. But what really saves this game and makes it worthy for me, are all the amazing Mods. Really digging modded Mechwarrior 5 Mercs now. I do still miss the MW 3 knockdowns in the 1st person incockpit view. But there is lots to love here..... love the incockpit piloting immersion. Engine visuals, sound, the list goes on. Maps are nicely done. Pushed the game engine is sufficient enough that we finally have Mechs that LOOK and MOVE convincingly. I`m shocked that the Tanks and Helis are done really well. Kinda wish the Jump Ships were the old Sphere types. But not a game changer.

I think just about the only glaring niggle, is the 70s style cartoon character pics. lol And the voice acting. Now, imagine if they had their ingame characters look and move like Modern Warfare 2019s. Oooooh yeah. But still..... a worthy effort. ;p

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

Shataan likes this.