New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. On contrary, are you the same for other things in life?

I have taken all possible info laid it out into 1 accurate demonstration of the 490x tdp.

Instead of childish, low level personal offenses, could `ve said yes or no without all this abracadabra.

Frustrating.

2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Hahahahahahahaha

my sides :funny:

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Let's get this thread back on topic shall we. Latest rumor is that they had an AMD VEGA secret event in Las Vega s Nevada USA yesterday. It is highly possible that they are preparing a paper launch on December 13 , 2016 at the The "New Horizon" event along with the Zen cpu. Zen cpu and AMD big Vega might be disclose at the same time on that event, http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

source and complete information at v i d e o c a r d z .com

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I reckon he's a politician, he comes out with the same rhetoric in every single thread completely ignoring actual truths and facts presented. Glad he's gone.

If we were to talk about power consumption of a 490X, I reckon it'll have the same power requirements of a Fury if not less. Depends on clock scalings. If AMD find that it's a great clocker, then of course they'll put the power ceiling to the max to achieve the fastest card on the market, and if not, they'll still keep the power ceiling high in order to remain competitive. Eitherway though board power is usually kept upto 375W if possible anyway (75W from the bus and 150W x2 from psu) (not including multi gpu cards) with an equivalent TDP to follow suit.

I have no idea how longwayrunner thought up some stupid ideas, did he even take a look at how a card physically takes power?

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    He's gone lets move on guys.

@Chipsy.
    Are we still considering Vega 10 the big boy or is there maybe something up AMD's sleeve where there is a bigger Vega for Q2/3 of 2017?

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I expect Vega to use some 225-250w if it is faster then 1080. And closer to Titan XP.

But anxious to see what the event holds. On 13th. Also Zen next year oh yes.

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It will all depend on the efficiency of their front end. The Relive drivers have almost brought parity with NVIDIA in the DX11 draw calls front. AMD is still behind, but not by much. It would be nice if someone with an NVIDIA card could run the API overhead test. A friend of mine who is waiting for Vega/1080Ti, has a 6700k system with 3200 RAM and no OC (yet), with an R9 280x. He's getting 2 million draw calls in the DX11ST test, which is higher than what Anand was getting with a 980. He was at around the 1.6m mark with the same CPU. That's like a 25% increase. Others in the driver thread get the same increase percentages.

I know that nobody on the press seems to give a crap, but this looks to be the most important change in this driver.

[​IMG]

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    what was his old score? and cpu matters, I get 2.5 and 2.4mill dx11 calls with cpu at 4.6/4.7ghz, got the same with old 780gtx..

Anyway, I think factory OC'ed will be 10 - 10.5tflops for sure, just in the middle of GTX1080 - TitanXP, sometimes faster where HBM2 and dx12 lower amd driver overhead.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    1.6m was his 16.11 something score. Same configuration, same GPU/system/OS install. Others in the driver thread report minimums of +20%.

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    From all i have read online , my sources and rumor mill . yes Vega 10 will be the big boy ,i do not know if there is something bigger later during next year or maybe they will do a 495x2 on a single pcb ( 2x 490s gpus ) ala 295x2 :D .

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I want all dual cards to cease to exist personally.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    hahaha ... me too :D , i will never ever again get a crossfire set up or SLI as they are going the way the dodo bird went ( extinct ) ...

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    YES THX for that :)

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    lol :)

I told you all that this one has a Claw :flip2:

Yesterday i was Playing with many Games, checking the new ReLive Driver
    Generally its almost 50-100% faster in some DX10 & DX9 games
    Seraph DX10 (850/570) was ~50FPS now ~100FPS (no CAP)
    Heroes VII (905/570) was ~50FPS now ~61FPS (Cap)

And now here is Johny:
    DX11.1 AC: Syndicate was ~39-61FPS now 55-61FPS :banana: (Lol that game was always Heavy on my RIG)

Next Stop -> ZEN + Sabertooth or ASrock + 16GB DDR4 then +16GB DDDR4 (I want 32GB in my ZEN Build)

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I hope they have some really nice mITX boards. I want to build a beast PC in a silverstone ml07.

[​IMG]

16. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I still have the cards from my last multi card SLI setup... 2x Diamond Monster 3D II Voodoo 2 12MB :banana:

17. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I had two of those cards. No need to worry about profiles. SLI just worked.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    How To Unlock The Radeon RX 460 Graphics Card

Overclocking.Guide reports that two models, specifically the ASUS RX 460 STRIX OC and Sapphire RX 460 Nitro OC can be unlocked without any issues. However, there’s always risk involved as mentioned by them.

Note: It’s always possible that something goes wrong if you flash the BIOS of your card. In addition it’s possible that not all cards can be unlocked and that you might damage the card. Flash at your own risk!

The download link for the BIOS firmware is provided below. You can also find it by heading to the source over here.

Sapphire RX 460 Nitro 4G Unlocked BIOS
    ASUS RX 460 STRIX O4G Unlocked BIOS

First backup the original BIOS file in case you want to flash the card back at a certain point (run “backup bios.bat”). You can also save the BIOS with the latest version of TechPowerUp’s GPU-Z.

Afterwards run “flash unlocked bios.bat” to flash the bios. It will take about 15 seconds and should look like in the picture below.

Afterwards restart your system and enjoy about 10% free performance. via Overclocking.Guide

The free performance upgrade is really great. Although there’s risk involved with flashing, graphics card today have decent firmware solutions to prevent any issue. We tested the Radeon RX 460 Nitro OC in our review and found it as a decent card aimed at the entry level price point. Since unlocking the card is so simple, we wonder why AMD locked it in the first place. The reason could probably be related to Polaris 11 yields but with the 14 nm FinFET out in the market for sometime, we can see a full Polaris 11 offering from AMD soon.

Unlocking.Guide -> http://overclocking.guide/amd-radeon-rx-460-unlocking-1024-stream-processors/

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New HDMI 2.0b spec announced by format working group:

Ahead of next month's CES event in Las Vegas, the HDMI forum, which consists of the major players from consumer electronics companies, mobile devices and cable manufacturers have ratified a major update to the HDMI cable specification, dubbed version 2.0b. In an announcement today, the HDMI forum revealed the update to the format includes the following capabilities:

- Enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR)
    - video Bandwidth up to 18Gbps
    - 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution
    - Up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio experience
    - Up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the highest audio fidelity
    - Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to multiple users on the same screen
    - Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to multiple users (Up to 4)
    - Support for the wide angle theatrical 21:9 video aspect ratio
    - Dynamic synchronization of video and audio streams CEC extensions provide more expanded command and control of consumer electronics devices through a single control point

While some of these features were enabled in earlier specifications by individual manufacturers, the ratification by the working group should mean improved functionality throughout the sector.
    Thankfully, the updates is also fully backwards compatible with the HDMI 2.0a specification, with no need to purchase new cables to unlock the new features.
    Expect to see more about HDMI 2.0b at next month's CES event in Las Vegas.

20. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX

Agreed. I still have my 7990, great card in the few games that worked for it. The modified driver dance was getting to me. I tossed it in my second PC for the kids to game on.

I wish AMD would release a singe core power card like nvidia does, the only reason the titan is so expensive is because it has no competition for it.

And with the state of SLI and crossfire, buying a Titan doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore. 1400 bucks for a pair of 1080s or 490s with shady support and roll of the dice gameplay or 1600 for titan with full performance across the board.