Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Overclocking on my 390 with this driver is proving to be painful. Sapphire TRIXX 6.30 will cause memory instability (screen distortion) when applied, need to restart drivers. Using Wattman has proven to be a learning curve, as I need to figure out how to adjust the voltages properly.

Anyone using an earlier version of TRIXX with no problem?

2. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    Guys, did anyone lost FrameRate Limit option updating to this driver? FPS limit was in Global settings as well as profile settings but now is missing for me.

3. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I'm not as hot on ReLive as I originally was. The avg FPS doesn't seem like it takes a big hit while playing, but taking a closer look shows that not everything is working quite as well as it should. I decided to record in Path of Exile, in an area that doesn't make heavy use of my GPU, leaving plenty of power for ReLive. But what happens is that my FPS takes very quick dips to half of my framerate during recording. This means a large 1 second dip in fps and a large 1 second spike in frametime. Here's what it looks like with ReLive:
    [​IMG]

Here what it looks like without:
    [​IMG]

Both frametime and FPS are a straight line hugging the top.
    I was wondering if maybe using clockblocker would help, but it didn't. The clocks are solid, GPU usage isn't maxing out, CPU isn't maxing out, nothing is maxed. But for some reason, there's an introduced very small stutter once ReLive recording is activated.

Edit: reducing ReLive quality to 10 bitrate doesn't fix it, streaming exhibits the same issue.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    I noticed that when turn recording on I still have high fps but gameplay seems to have micro freezes. Maybe because refresh rate of monitor is 100 whilre record is at 60?
    Could you set monitor to 60Hz and test again?

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for your help , i did that and tried already , still the same output.
    Can you do ma a favor and check if you have total voltage control and total control of your clocks in core and memory using msi afterburner ?

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yes but you need default V for Fury-X not Pro :)

Range 1.218v-1.240v should be enough, but monitor temps...if oK leave it that way :nerd:

I have Default V set to 1.212v

7. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Will do, don't get home from work for a few hours but I will check then and report back.

8. Lithium64

Lithium64 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R7 260x 2GB
    Didn't work :bang:

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I find Wattman with my 390 is not working well. If the app you are trying to tweak has an stutter, then Wattman loses focus on it's readings, and you really need to restart Radeon over to get it working again.

I'm rolling back until the OC apps get updated for ReLive

10. Forky

Forky Guest

Immediate crash upon reaching character select in FF XIV regardless of clock speeds. Had to roll back to 16.11.2 which is the last one I had on my PC that worked perfectly. Real shame.

11. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I had Trixx 6.1 installed from a while back, only using it recently to run a more aggressive fan profile than default. It was in place while doing a fresh install of Crimson Relive Edition, after removing 16.11.4 and then running DDU in Safe Mode.

Can't remember a repro sequence, but my Windows Desktop picture got messed up for a while last night (black screen in lower section of monitor?), plus there were blurry multiple Explorer windows in the top right corner.

After running a game (the Elemental hacked DX12 demo?), the picture and Explorer window blurs were corrected.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I got it from AMD as the recommended driver and installed it over the 16.10.1 package. The installer is very different and even gives an option for a clean install. ReLive installs separately and very fast. The driver seems great and maybe a little faster. I tried out the ReLive recording and it worked excellently with no noticeable impact on game performance. It seems better than the Win 10 GameDVR.

The only Wattman settings I use are a custom fan speed and target temperature. They carried over perfectly. I did not enable the new Chill feature.

13. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    Anyone found the saturation (was located in Radeon Additional Settings) slider/menu yet or has it been omitted from this driver for some reason?

14. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It doesn't work as a standard startup item any more. It is now a scheduled task and is on a delay.

15. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Getting screen flicker like a few others in this thread. Big drops while recording Bf1 as well. :(

16. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Getting a lot of stuttering while recording. Only tested it with Titanfall 2 though.

Where can we best report this kind of stuff?

I also noticed a new checkbox: HDMI Link Assurance. Any idea what this means?

17. G-lad21

G-lad21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1070@ACX3.0
    So far, the driver has crashed for me, im getting lower frame rates on DOTA, and i had to DDU and then reinstall to make ReLive appear. so far, bad driver for me, rolling back..

18. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I'm starting to believe the screen flicker with 144hz monitors might be related to Virtual Super Resolution.

Shutting down Watch Dogs 2 and FF14, two games that I run at 2560x1440 through VSR, gives me the screen flicker. Shutting down BF1 and Path of Exile, two games I run at 1920x1080, doesn't give me the flicker.

19. Dorel

Dorel Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7900
    Thank you, I'm going to try AMD's screen capture app (Readon ReLive)

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EDIT: nevermind, looks like a bad contact...