AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Drivers Info Leaks Onto Web

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 6, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It can't be done because the cards have only four clock states and no fine graining between them. You would have to give all of them new bioses, and I'm not even sure that the chips and vrms onboard could do it, even with new bioses. The only thing that matters power-wise for GCN 1.0 is that they fix the UVD bug.

2. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    That's called vSync.

From what it sounds like to me is that if there isn't movement on the screen, it will lower the FPS in order to reduce the load/power usage/temps of the video card.

We'll just have to wait and see how it actually works.

Right now the only setting I have changed on my 390 is the fan curve. I absolutely hate high temps and would much rather have a bit of extra fan noise to keep the temps nice and cool, even if overclocked.

But I only game at 1920x1200 and have not found anything I need to up the clocks in order to maintain 60fps even with settings maxed out (except for shadows, which I prefer medium on most games).

3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Think you read me wrong. It only renders the frames it needs to to keep 60 FPS, dropping the clock speed and voltage in order to do so.

4. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    No one is talking about the MultiRes Rendering? That sounds like what Nvidia is using for Shadow Warrior 2
    Also TressFX 4, didn't know they could improve it even more

5. deathroned

deathroned Guest

GPU:
    If you spent less time shilling for Nvidia you would have known about Frame Rate Target Control aka FRTC, Radeon Chill is a different Beast, it not only decreases input lag to a 99nth percentile, it also decreases Temperature, Power usage by Dynamically regulating fps based on in game movement.

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    No reason to call people out for being shills...it is kind of rude...we AMD gpus users have known for a long time now, that Nvidia user get more and more bitter as our AMD GPU age and performance just goes up and up.

Let them rant, but just ignore it.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How else am I supposed to feed my family?

I haven't owned an AMD card since the 4780X2, so yeah - I don't know about every single feature their driver has now. I just recall Chill acting somewhat as a frame limiter, that also dynamically scaled resolution based on what was occurring on the screen. I also don't really see what your post says that contradicts that.

Lol why is everyone creating fake outrage in this thread? No one complained about GCN 1.0, no one ranted, no one posted anything about being bitter about AMD gpus. No one shilled for Nvidia. In fact I've been recommending RX480/470s over 1060s/1050s and talking about how much better both of those cards are going to look in the future.(http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5354909&postcount=396)

The most negative post in this thread is this:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5367339&postcount=34

I feel like i'm in the twilight zone.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  9. deathroned

deathroned Guest

GPU:
    As the saying goes, it is everyman's duty to feed his Family.:)