Used Titan X Pascal sent from Nvidia, be aware

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mbbx, Sep 12, 2016.

1. mbbx

mbbx Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 690 sli
    I have been eager to purchase a single top end graphics card for some time, so not to have to run quad, tri and SLI setups (that I have in the past).

Currently running 980ti sli (EVGA), I opted to spend my cash on a new titan x (pascal).

Only available from Nvidia and costing a lot of money, I was happy to part with my cash. I was expecting a great product and service, it was not.

Item was delivered quick, next day from Ireland, I am in the UK.
    It was in a cardboard box had no bubble rap or protective packaging.
    The item had been previously opened, marks and stains on the box.
    On opening, the static packaging had been clearly opened and stuck back down.
    On opening the item, it had been clearly used before! Not just for a short time, as a build of dust in the fan can be seen!
    It was dirty and no protective plastic on any part (as my friends had)
    Even a dvi screw was loose and rattling around inside!
    Pictures are below showing all of this.

I am shocked that for the price (£1100, 1300Euro, $1200) that the item is not better presented.
    I am shocked that this was even allowed to be dispatched to a customer purchasing a new item. Either poor systems, poor quality control or a dodgy employee!

I called Nvidia, American recorded voice, Asian customer support with poor English. I explained everything and asked for a replacement, but told I can have a refund on sending it back. I’d receive an email explaining how to send back, still waiting 2 days later for the email!

Well it messed up the weekend I had planned to do a new build with the card. A refund is great, but If I purchase it again, will this happen again. How about other cards?
    This has reduced my opinion of Nvidia, a massive company making a huge turnover and failing to satisfy high paying customers.

I hope it will get sorted, but it just isn’t on for the money we are handing over. 3rd party sellers you do a much better job, shame you can’t sell the Titan X.

Has anyone experienced this, or could help in any way would be much appreciated.
    s1083.photobucket.com/user/mbbx/slideshow/Forums

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Probably a mishap... It happens sometimes.

If you paid for a new pascal titan X, return it and get an exchange.

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm waiting for EVGA to release the Titan Pascal. Never did like the idea of ordering direct from Nvidia. If it happened to you, it could happen again, and with EVGA, there's never a problem with returns etc. Excellent service and support.

4. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    maybe he got a used one that gamers nexus sent back? :p

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    They must think people is stupid.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Hes right tho. When you buy a 1300€ product you want to be a new and shiny not used by who knows who and how long.

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    LOL! Stains on the box! :D

8. Red River

Red River Guest

you should be thankful Nvidia thoroughly tested the card before shipping to you!

9. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    This is fairly common unfortunately. Bought most of my things from Amazon and this occasionally pops up. At large distribution centers, the returned units sometimes get mixed up by the workers there. What sometimes also happens is that the user claims the item was "unopened" and instead of inspecting it, it just gets tossed back into the "New, ready to ship" pile.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I would see how well it clocks before I sent it back.
    then I would tell them to go f themselves afterwards and try to get damages for wasting my time shipping the whole 9 yards.
    mainly because its nvidia why not.

11. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Definity give it a good blast before sending it back ,, it may not even work and could be defective product to begin with for all you know , Cheeky barstools Nvidia

have you tried posting on the Nvidia forums about your experience and to make aware other potential customers of your experience and very poor service that you have received , mabe PM one of the employees there , eg customer service manager ,you might get more help than you did from the phone call , maybe a advanced RMA would be nice considering the circumstances

12. WinterMagican

WinterMagican Member

GPU:
    Pascal TITAN X 4Way-SLI
    Oh....***12288;.

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Mistakes tend to happen. Don't whine about what's clearly just an error on someone's part and proceed to return the product.

Sheesh, ****ing privilege...

14. WinterMagican

WinterMagican Member

GPU:
    Pascal TITAN X 4Way-SLI
    Used ... it is terrible ...

15. Dagamus NM

Dagamus NM Guest

GPU:
    Titan X Pascal
    Sorry to hear. All four of mine came perfect. I have only actually opened one so far and it is looking quite nice.

16. shiokarai

shiokarai Guest

GPU:
    3 x Titan X Pascal
    It's clearly been opened & used before... Bad luck. All three I've ordered was good & new. Probably just returned unit. Test it, esp. how well it overclock, maybe it's worth keeping after all :)