EA: Our Games Are Developed for High-end PCs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 22, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Of Coarse it its but i bet some people believe the words that come out EA mouth still.

EA didnt do ****, Dice and other other developers do it all, We EA did crush westwood C&C series and so many other things.
    To this day EA still uses the slogan its "in the game" for there sport games and imo they all long since been "in the game" for me

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    EA funded and supported the development of Frostbite, so they did the important part.

I find their reliance on one engine abit boring, but so far it's not been a bad thing for the consumer.

3. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    EA had good games on the playstation one , on pc crysis they screwed up with secure rom and they still infect games with drm to this day but so are the others , i have actually stop use all drm platforms now im just so sick of it i wont even use steam now and if you keep give people like EA money they never stop , i only buy from gog drm free im happy to give them my money coz its hassle free to play the game and if gog games can sell games without drm in it, then anyone can

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It is a good game, the technical backbone of it is good, the engine is one if not the best around in my opinion. But the presentation of EA's dedicated effort to service high end PCs is just a slap to the face after they downgraded visual detail and broke mGPU support. But it seems I'm the only one seeing those parallels. If you read back I never complained about the game at all, it's just the situation that is such a joke.
    It's hard to arrange with my sense of what's logical if they take away something that arguably only exists on PC and downgrade graphical detail (which ran great on PC anyway, no idea why they took away foilage and other stuff), and THEN tell us they're so proud and love the high powered PC environment. Like reducing speed limits to 80km/h on highways and then saying you love muscle cars for their speed and how they think everybody should enjoy such a car, with no space to actually drive with it's top speed.

Dude, the most ridiculous interpretation of other's comments was your's about people bitching. Whatever your issue is, live with it, not everybody needs to share your opinion. But as you brought so little real input into the discussion it's easy to pick apart somebody else's comment about a game.

Yes NWN2 still runs like crap because it's emulated in today's drivers too, but simply lining up graphical options is not instantly a sign for quality. Obviously you didn't really get why I brought NWN2 up in that sense, although you're again complaining about a bad example just because it proves my point I had it up in the first place: options alone don't mean anything. So... yeah, thanks for actually confirming my point there.

5. Vladimir545

Vladimir545 Member

GPU:
    6800xt Red Devil
    Vladimir: My money will go to HIGH-QUALITY, Talented developers

6. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Here is a video with GTX 580 and Battlefield 1 @1080p and nearly high settings. Don't forget to add up extra 15-20 fps to the in-game fps counter since i don't have shadow player etc. I have used OBS and only CPU power to the recording.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sUN2ewYDhs&feature=youtu.be

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Was BF1 actually downgraded, I read it just reset people's settings.

8. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    For me it is even running at ultra settings nicely :D

To be honest it wasn't a surprise since Star Wars Battlefront been a piece of cake too. BF 1 build pretty much on that game.

P.S.: i just have tried 2560*1600 same settings as above in the video. I got 8x-9x fps , without recording it of course. Very nice :banana:

9. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I had to check my calendar, nope it's not April 1st. BF1 lauch was/is anything but smooth. Stuttering, super high CPU usage, graphical downgrade, no proper SLI/CF support etc. OMG.

10. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I haven't read anything upon it but if that's the case, it makes perfect sense for the "downgraded" graphics people are observing.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  12. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I noticed the downgrade after the patch & have reset my settings & it did not help. There are plenty of people including console players that have been effected with the downgrade.

The 100% CPU issue still exist for many BF1 players, the constant DX crashes some players get, dual gpu menu text flickering, the Empires Edge map is totally borked now & the list goes on after they patched to 1.05 or whatever the latest patch revision is.

I did see somewhere that DICE posted a tweet saying they are aware of the possible downgrade with the visuals.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/search?Search=downgraded+graphics

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...fps-on-empires-edge-since-this-mornings-patch

13. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    yes it looks awesome, yes it runs smooth and yes it does have a lot of options but no it is not a perfect example for a variety of reasons:

1. Origin app blocks my mouse while shooting from a turret of any kind mobile or stationary
    2. all of the controls are a bit rubbish, when i want to jump over a fence i do not want my hero to jump in to the fence or jump 1 meter on the side before the fence
    3. UI is ununderstandable there is a lot of things i still cant figure out when i want a better gun or something
    4. I do not understand how the freaking grouping with teams work i am with a team why the hell on the bottom right i still see only my hero icon?
    5. I have 2 SSD drives, one for OS and 1 for games but BF1 still loads very very slowly and i am not able to use team chat while this happens
    6. any sort of lag or missing connection moves my hero backwards but with a new knowledge of enemy positions - yes i actually move in to the building, see all of them and jump back in time out of the building unhurt

14. Micas99

Micas99 Member

GPU:
    Liquid cooled 4090
    There's a thread that explains how to get the visuals back, which is stickied at the official BF1 PC forum. You'll need to re-do some configurations that you had, but things like key bindings are unaffected. My sound settings got reset and such, so it's good to re-check everything if you do the fix. Clearly the fix works though.

Also - for those using SLI, which was completely obliterated by the recent patch, you can try switching the compatibility bits to Farcry. It worked for me (980Ti SLI), however there will remain some anomalies with certain text in the menus. The performance will be lower than what you got with SLI prior to the patch, but still better than a single GPU. My estimate (based on only a gut impression) is that SLI performance is about 25% less than prior to the patch. Prior to the patch I could run ultra (AA off) with v-sync off and FPS limited to 100, and it pretty much remained at 100 constantly. Now it fluctuates in the 70-100 range, but is still pretty decent and doesn't have much input lag. It's better than a single GPU anyway.

I found Hilbert's post pretty odd. It looks like he copied it from somewhere else. English is not Hilbert's primary language (which is of course okay), and the post sounded way different than something he would write. It's also completely sycophantic. Let's be clear. EA is saying that they dev for "High-end PCs" and the very first patch for their biggest game of the year broke SLI and the visuals of the game. Either EA doesn't test with SLI rigs and missed the bug, or they released the patch anyway, knowing that SLI would be broke. That completely contradicts EA's claims about PC gaming being the focus. EA also hasn't released a patch fixing the visuals and SLI yet. They've acknowledged both issues and claim they will fix them, and I know it takes time to develop, test, and release a patch, but EA is not demonstrating any urgency what-so-ever to fix these major problems. Sure, the SLI user base is small by comparison, but you can't put out a statement that your games are developed for high-end PCs, then break the game on high-end PCs.

Other than that.. there's a huge number of bugs remaining in BF1, and it feels like only half a game. Publishers release buggy messes on PC, and we buy it (I did with BF1 so I'm to blame too), and the hamster wheel goes round and round.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    they funded it, that is all they did they didnt program anything the developers did, that like saying stock holders programed and develop the engine.

the engine is good and one the better engines out there yes, but EA is just publisher.

If game failed horrible using the forstbite engine they will distance them self from it and blame all on the dev, it i succeeded they would take the credit for. and yet EA and or stock holders is who put constants and deadlines on dev instead of let thing say when it done just look at what happen to some recent multi system games that launched on PC cause Publishers and Stock holders dictating when it need to be ready

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That is they sole job though, nothing wrong with the people who pay your wages calling the shots.

It works both ways though, the post above your post has BF1 as developed by EA.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I do not think they are bad , on the contrary EA is one of the lesser evils in the gaming industry.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well they did get a bit of a "reality check" with BF4.

I'm also surprised at how Ubisoft/Massive is handling The Division, yes they failed but they openly admitted it and fixed the game for the most part.

19. Reqruiz

Reqruiz Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    +1

Well said. BF1 should be example for all game developers how it should be done. Great visuals, great performance, huge scalability. I don't like EA and their policy but I have to admit that they are going in right direction. I just can't stand anymore these poor excuses of others devs (Mafia 3 is good example here).

20. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I can think of only one upcoming AAA level of quality PC game that meets the standards of a proper PC exclusive.

Star Citizen (and squadron 42, etc)

Chris Roberts said the following when asked about PS4 support:

What amazes me is how many people are out there actively trying to sabotage this game so it fails. It almost makes you wonder if the loudest voices just might be on the payroll of the big publishers who clearly see Star Citizen as a threat to their business model in the same way that MP3 destroyed music stores selling cds or Netflix killing places like Blockbuster. When developers realize they can make a game from start to finish according to their own vision instead of being hampered by artificial timetables, deadlines, and without a publisher taking the vast majority of the profits... it may turn the industry upside down.

One thing is certain though... if Star Citizen fails, you'll never see another developer take huge risks like this again.