Question on Nvidia Inspector settings

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PeskyPotato, Nov 22, 2016.

1. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    Hello there.

I play a game called "Alliance of valiant arms" which has some pre-set Nvidia settings..... well, the SLI compatibility bit. But, it does not have AO or AA compatibility, and in addition the default for Anti-Aliasing is "Treat override as application controlled". This makes me wonder if there is a good reason for that, or if adjusting the super sampling manually is dangerous for the game ? In addition, I was having some problems where my Fan started to get realllllly loud on my laptop upon launching the game, although I checked my system and the GPU was only ~55-60C, and the CPU and motherboard were near the same. I checked "power options" on my computer itself, and it is on High Performance with the maximum processor speed as only 95% (Passive Cooling as well), because I had issues with overheating with a higher setting. I was wondering if this fan issue started to happen because of any of the Nvidia options, or if adjusting any of the "Optimus" settings could potentially help with something.

So, I was wondering if anyone could suggest how I could find the AO and AA bits, or if I would be safe to use a similar bit for UE3 games (like for the AA one, there is a bit for Dungeon Defenders, Mass Effect, Red Orchestra 2, and more EU3 games) ?

I also use G-Sync on my monitor which is amazing, but the issue is that "vertical sync" doesn't really work well with it, but if I leave it uncapped the G sync will obviously not work as intended. Within the AVA game, I can simply use the in-game FPS smoothing option to limit FPS, however on my desktop I have tried the "frame rate limiter", but it caused some issue or didn't seem to work completely correct for some reason. Could I have been doing something wrong?

Thanks, hopefully that was somewhat coherent

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Clean the CPU, reapply thermal paste, make sure you install the cooler correctly.

You *do* have a hardware issue.

3. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    Can I do that on a laptop o-o? I wasn't actually sure, and didn't want to mess with it too much because.... well.... I'm a potato and not very good at like hands on stuff. Software and settings make sense to me, but if I do need to like turn over my laptop and do something hardware wise, can you give me any links that might explain some for me?

Thank you :)