NVIDIA GeForce 375.86 WHQL Drivers Have issues

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 16, 2016.

1. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Yup this driver gave me a Stop Error/Blue Screen with Windows 10 64-bit Pro

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No issues here.

3. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    BF1 plays perfect on my 980M with the 375.76 driver.
    I will skip this driver and wait for the next driver fix from nvidia

4. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Yet my card hasn't be downgraded from the drivers. Hmmm how does that work. Its almost like there is a bug that only happens to certain people and not a downgrade on all cards.

****ing idiot

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

5. Kyrat

Kyrat Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
    :banana: Nvidia 2016.:banana:

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    More like another Gx x04 fiasco, as usual :grin: That's why I never bothered with those chip models.

I remember its been like that since Fermi and it hasn't changed yet.
    Fermi 104/114 could TDR'd a lot, Kepler 104 had downclocking issues and stutter, Maxwell 3.5gb fiasco and now Pascal vram bios issues, driver vram issues, etc..

paranoid? perhaps, but I know these "performance" chips are almost 99% guarantied to have some kind of driver issue.

7. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Got home from work, saw the downloaded driver kit on my desktop, said to check first if any beta drivers showed up before installing it.

Then i see this thread, i'll skip this one. Never skipped drivers before, first time for everything.

8. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    Works great with Rocksmith and BF1 here.

9. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    since they first introduced the "Optimal" power option in the drivers
    iv seen more and more clock complains from different users. i had some unstable
    clocks and some very strange artifacts in idle on my MSI 1070 Gaming X with
    one of the first drivers that came with "Optimal" as default. ever since
    i am constantly changing to "Adaptive" and i didn't encounter that
    problem ever since. most of the time i am installing every new driver set,
    but il skip this one.

im no expert, and i cant point if that power option fixes clock problems.
    only encountered it a few months ago and switching it helped for me.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

The issue effects the entire pascal lineup, so I'm not sure what your point is. A better argument would be "this is why i never bothered getting cards early on, because of potential issues that will be hammered out by the end of the life cycle"

That's not even to mention that this problem is like a randomly introduced driver issue. Comparing it to the memory problem on the 970, or the micron issue on 1070 doesn't make any sense. Like if I had made a post when the GIF problem arose, even on the 980Ti, a few drivers ago saying "This is why I avoid x02 models" how would you have responded? Because it's basically the same thing here.

I've had 0 problems on my 1080, aside from it not idling correctly - which happens on the 780Ti/980Ti/Titan X Pascal too.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Higher end chips had its moments too, but not so severe like "midget" performance chips and that's a fact. I've been actively following and using nv drivers since 6600GT so I've seen a number of bugs.:nerd:

Also please show me a TitanXP user reporting this memory anomaly, so far I haven't seen one.

From what I saw that idle clock is entirely different issue, and happens only to a specific user base - minority if you will.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It has nothing to do with it being "higher end" or "midget part" or "performance part" or whatever other label you want to use. x04 chips are the first of each architecture design out of the gate, thus they are obviously going to have more problems - those problems are fixed by the time the Ti variants ship.

And you're right, Titan XP doesn't have the issue - Nvidia is reporting that it only effects factory overclocked cards. There are no GP102 factory overclocked cards, thus none have the issue. But again, it just further proves the point that the card being x04 means nothing. Had they shipped factory overclocked GP102's they'd have the same issue.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No use bro. Tj is just stuck on that x04 hate train and will not get off.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You can shove those x04 chips up you know where, those are meant for phones ;)

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    No issues with 375.86 here either, played PCars a few hours with G-Sync and TrackIR, steady fps and normal temperatures on GPU/CPU (someone over at geforce.com blames the driver to overheat the CPU, lol).
    I'm running the card with the optimal power setting in NVCPL.

16. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Titanfall 2 runs like aids with these drivers. Absolutely destroyed fps in games for me.

17. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Looks like I'm lucky..No Problems here..:D

[​IMG]

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Seems to be working fine on my end. What's going on?

19. samusprime89

samusprime89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I really expected better from Nvidia, I cant for the life of me see how this made it past testing. Makes you question their driver testing department.

20. iriseyoufall

iriseyoufall Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X 3GB
    All these news-sites are incomplete. Let me fill-in the blanks. It is true that some 10x-tier cards are affected with a memory-issue that results in the clock-speed to be stuck in a low-mode. Which results in low-fps.

On the beginning it was already clear that not everyone with a 10x-tier card is having issues with the driver. I for example have a MSI Gaming X 1080GTX and have zero issues. And there are multiple other people reporting no issues either.

Yet it made us curious what was causing it. On the forum we did search. Eventually NVIDIA found the root-cause of it. It seems that all the 10x-tier cards with a stock OC-memory or a certain bios-version are having trouble. Some people did even flash the Gaming X-bios on the Z-variant and reported that the problem went away too.

To be fair. Nvidia testing department probably used some cards that were running stock-speed on the memory. Or had cards with a specific bios. Then this issue could be easily missed by the testing department.

So if you have low-fps. Roll back to 375.70 or wait on the hotfix. If you have no issues, then you can call yourself lucky and the driver works pretty well in games.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016