Ps4 pro

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Scorch666, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Really!? That's awesome. I must have mistaken the double the performance as If they added another gpu on top of the base PS4 model.

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah it's been worded poorly by the media, they've basically just doubled up on the GCN cores, overclocked it and added a few new things that are in Polaris/Vegas.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    BF1 is running at 60 FPS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6odbYo6nXZ8

this is an in game advantage against PS4. hmm. i am sold.

and if i backup BF1 on PS4, will it restore and RUN on PS4 pro at 4k instantly? or will re download whole game?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    You can transfer all your data from your current PS4 to the PS4 Pro using an Ethernet cable, so you won't need to download anything, Pro features for BF1 will enable automatically, no patch required.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Holly Molly. This pro is sweet.

Skyrim at 4k. Gives more details. Rocks grass Lod distance is better. Sharp images. But suffers fps =(

Bf1 I really don't I seen the difference. Game Is not 60 hz as in videos. Why.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    That's where the fan is located, looking at teardowns of the console there isn't really anything in that location worthy of melting.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The distortion looks strange. It's almost as if someone took a lighter to that side and posted it on the internet for 15 minutes of fame.

9. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    100% fake. The console would have automatically shutdown before reaching that point of melting tempreture.

10. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    https://youtu.be/3-0xXv0rytI

Watch dogs 2 comparison at 1080p ps4 v pro, the jaggies on the boat hurt my eyes so much I replaced them with watermelons

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Actually quite the difference in a few places. LOD and pop-in are much improved in the pro. I's say high LOD and textures vs. medium in OG. Plus draw distance looks to be almost double. And of course the anti-aliasing but that is super obvious.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Watch Dogs 2 has been another disappointing game for me on the Pro, FPS drops below 30 and screen tearing really ruin what is a potentially nice looking game.

Hopefully devs can figure out how to at least match the performance of the base PS4, the list of games that run worse on the Pro seems to be growing.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You're playing it? How's the game anyway?

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It's actually quite good so far, only done a few missions but it's an improvement over the original for sure.

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    While the PS4 pro is nice and all. I am going to pass since I all ready own a PS4 anyways. Sony has said that they are not trying to separate gamers with this new release of the PS4. As long as Sony supports both systems and they both continue to get games I see no point in purchasing another PS4. Also I do not own a 4k TV any ways so it would be a moot point for me anyways.

The next PS4 game that I am going to purchase is Persona 5 in April.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Well it seems Ubisoft has fixed the FPS drops that occurred on the Pro in Watch_Dogs 2 in a patch that released last night, let's hope other developers follow suit with similar patches.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    was gona buy this but I Thinking I might get new AV-Unit first and solve me lack of hdmi inputs on tv and none that my current unit has.

I Still curious to how loud the fan is compared to ps4

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Less.

and i can't believe that in SKYRIM, FAN wont shout at all in the most areas at 4k while normal ps4 was shouting. i don't get it. what kind of sorcery is this?

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've been impressed with how silent the fan runs on the Pro. I can hardly hear it with 1080p gaming. It might sound louder at 4k though. Tianfall 2 and Watchdogs 2 both look amazing detailed with Supersampling.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am thinking of getting this but I got question to those that have it.

Does the ps4 pro psu have the same coil whine as ps4 does just sitting in standby?

I have seen launch ps4 2nd and 3rd gen ps4 system and they ALL had coil whine just sitting in standby, These tests were done in diffrent house with diffrent PS4 diffrent out lets with and with surge protectors ranging from launch to 3rd gen. they all do it. there are even vidoes of this noise on youtube if you look.

Coil whine is gone the instant i pulled the cord from the ps4. most people wont hear this less the put there ear next to it but seeing i have buzzing and ring in my ears for some reason I am able to hear this and any other coil whine 15 feet away depending on were i facing and or height my ears are at. and it is crazy annoying at night to point when trying to sleep.

If I google ps4 pro coil whine apparently its still an issue that happens. sub par material is usual the reason for this too.

would you say they fix the erratic fan spining up and down constantly I am conceived the ps4 fan speed was set to load and not actual temps or somthing stupid cause. My slim ps3 get hotter to touch then the ps4 does yet the ps3 dead silent compared to ps4 that when ps4 is barely warm is fan seems to want to go in to high rpm.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  21. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Loving my PS4 Pro. Got it on launch day, haven't had a regret. This thing has caused me to ignore my PC something awful. I FINALLY sat down and played Uncharted 4, now with the Pro specials (hdr, higher resolution). What an amazing looking game. Sheesh.

Same with Rachet and Clank and Final Fantasy 15.

Infamous looks amazing as well.

I was really hoping the order 1886 would have made a patch to get rid of the widescreen black bars (they said it was to create a movie environment but it's easy to see it was done due to hardware constraints as well).

This all has me excited for Horizon and Gow4. If you have a 4k tv with HDR, get a ps4 Pro. You won't regret it. Unless you do. lol.

22. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)