TotalBiscuit makes it clear any person who voted Trump is not welcome as his audience

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Source

How does one enforce this exactly? What changes on TBs channel that would stop Trump supporters tuning in, a lack of a Welcome mat?

A white British citizen who does not tolerate the opinions of other people, (when having an opinion is the very thing that earns him an income) is now intolerant of other people views?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    So fair play to him.

At the end of the day it's his channel. I personally wouldnt let politics enter my own channel (yes I have one haha) and anyone posting anything not related (even remotely) I'd simply ban them or delete.

So whilst I dont think he should I respect his decision as the channel is his not yours OP nor anyone elses.

I have seen this thing before. Youtubers create stuff for people but at the end of the day it's for them first, you second. Not the other way around. People who think otherwise can do one.

p.s who goes to Reddit anyways?

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But how do you make sure no Trump supporters view your channel, exactly?

Thats what i dont get and i agree with not bringing politics to your channel, especially about an election that is not of your own nation.

How many American youtubers decided to say Brexiters are not welcome on their channels?

Seems a pointless thing to bring up when the only thing you have control over are the comments section.

At the end of the day, Trump supporters are moe open to other peoples opinions than Hillarys...so, pot kettle black?

This seems more for clicks/hits than it does TBs moral standing.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Quite easy anyone saying anything political or has a stupid meme I just delete.

End of story.

I have a zero tolerance for douchebaggery. (actually you are lucky am not a mod I'd close this thread and give u a warning in an instant but the mods here are a lot more lenient than me).

REASON. We dont need more political horse**** in the gaming section. EVER.

This is gaming not a political discussion.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Isnt he British?..:infinity:

But still.. why bring this up if you cant police this?

The only thing you achieve is to reduce your viewership which reduces his income.

Seems rather in spite of.

Saw it via VOAT.

7. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    Well, my point is.. where all people gone who voted last election on that other person who was 1vs1 vs obama.

They should auto elect a second runner.:)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea, but apparently resides in the US.

I suppose he wanted to make his stand on the matter known, which I can understand.
    I agree though that it's a bit of a blanket statement as you can't really monitor this unless someone posts pro-Trump comments on his videos or such.

9. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    Well almost any topic is intertwined with politics, and various mediums such as games are often political by their very nature. Often times this seems to go above a lot of peoples' heads, but it's still there.

To me the "This is gaming not a political discussion" argument is just utterly silly. Games do relate to politics, and if people want to discuss them simultaneously that is their right.

Just like the whole women in games discussion, obviously there's a conservative, a moderate, a libertarian, and a progressive group of people who based on their political views hold a certain view of how games should be designed.

Regarding TB though, doesn't he earn a considerable income? Why would he be without health insurance if Obamacare is repealed? Seems like if anyone could buy their way to a good healthcare it's him. Or is it perhaps because he's already been diagnosed and therefore not interesting to the health insurance companies whose only responsibility is not to sick people but rather to their shareholders.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am more upset with Toblerone. lol

11. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I amazed how many gaming channels created at least one video talking either about trump or this years elections. If I wanted to hear about politics I would have subscribed to different channels for gods sake.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I understand that people may not want to discuss politics in relation to gaming, but whether you like it or not, its well past taking over.

There is a black man on the front the BF1 cover, BF1 being based on a war where more white folk died than any other minority, as minorities are minorities today, they were more so in WW1/2.

BF1 does not even attempt to cover the topic of minorities being forced/dragged into the wars of white folk. Yet, despite more Russians, Germans, Western white dying than any other race...

[​IMG]

Lets make a game about the wars in Rwanda and put a white dude on the cover and watch the hate flow in.

This issue isnt going away, its going to get worse, at first it was about gender, then it moved onto race and sexual preference, now its about reducing anyone who doesnt agree with the narrative being slandered as a racist, sexist, xenophobic and bigots, then expecting those people you slandered to just accept your hate.

All you need to do is look at what neogaf has become to see what happens when you choose to play the blame gamer vs reality.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Exactly. Too much propaganda for no reason at all..

14. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Oh dear, I liked his channel but who the **** does he think he is! No ones gives a **** about his political stance, gaming is what we are interested in and we can go elsewhere for political debate.

15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    People love Democracy.

Aslong as it goes the way they wanted.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Meh ... I wouldn't even have known about this until you posted this lol. I don't listen to his podcasts either. I'll still tune in for his WTF is .. videos and content patches (if he still does them) but that's pretty much all I care about. With his health condition, his videos are fewer and far between as it is.

I like Boogie2988's vlog stuff though. He was behaving like a silly sjw-lite but cares enough to accommodate opposing views so that's cool.

Dunno what changed in the past 8 years that infantilized so many people though.

That pig sty is dying anyway, just like anything that panders to that type of people.

17. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    Unsubscribed :)

18. kbozz71

kbozz71 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB

This.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ahaha, i just realized how he'll ban most of the Trump supporters... release this video/comment of his, wait for Trump supporters or anyone who disagrees with him to comment -> Ban/block.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why even bother commenting. Just hit dislike and close the tab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.