Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The game is awesome. Story, maps, Feeling of the weapons, playing hide and seek with guards, LOVE IT!

I set everything to very high and FXAA high and HBAO+. With 1440p i get 51 - 60fps, so it could be smoother.

Without HBAO+ it Looks kinda bland. With TXAA it Looks kinda smeared and all Details in the distance are gone, horrible.

BTW: storywise i did the unthinkable - when confronted with the Option to choose 'No (No powers mode)' i did that. I'm playing without the superpowers now, just a normal Person with weapons and bone charm bonuses, that's it.

It's actually amazing how high you can jump & climb on stuff even without the teleport power. That's a game how i love it. :)

2. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    First game was released 4 years ago, it had beautiful art design and yes that might also have relatively lower res textures compared to the competition at that time but it wasn't a huge difference so it didn't bother me.

This one however is a lot worse than the competition at this time so it bothers me. Not to mention performance is terrible and TXAA is not the problem for me , I am gaining pretty much nothing when I disable it. This and the problem I wrote above does not make any sense at all so clearly something else is broken with this game as well.

Also I don't remember something as absymal as this in the previous game and I was getting 15 fps here in the previous session but now I am getting 75 :)

DSR is not working as well, it does not downscale the image so you only see the upper left of the game.

Like sean8102 said adaptive resolution setting does not save for me too.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, Adaptive resolution keeps resetting to 75% for me too. The cynic in me reckons that is intentional to give the game a 25% performance boost to make up for the poor optimisation and that Arkane are hoping that most people don't notice it! :D

4. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    So, that could be the reason why the game looks so blurry?

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    There is a 9GB patch in the works but is it also for PC?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dishonored/comments/5bmjp1/is_there_any_day_one_patch_for_dishonored_2/

Edit - Apparently it's only for consoles if you check this tweet:
    https://twitter.com/Harvey1966/status/796694378265931776?lang=fr

Seriously :3eyes::3eyes::3eyes:

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  7. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I noticed TXAA makes a huge difference in the look of the game. Its almost like a Depth of field effect. But FXAA even on high leaves way way to much aliasing. But yeah make sure you turn that res scaling back off (100) each time you open the game.

Also noticed this game has support for Nvidia Ansel. Just hit Alt+F2

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just bought the game after seeing cohhcarnage play on twitch. Damn this game is awesome. Didnt expect any less though, bit its nice to see a nice game when most games are so crap these days.

9. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Agreed. I've put in about 11 hours and I haven't even finished mission 2 yet. I'm having to much fun exploring every area I can get to (and the areas are pretty open to exploration). Gameplay is fantastic as well.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/1VwC6VdgqI2OMKwcQsewqI/dishonored-2-pc-update

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    That's odd considering it has been slammed or this is just a knee-jerk reaction too much like early days etc etc?

I liked the first two games but this will probably be a sale pick up for me. (need to buy xmas presents n spider stuff).

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Thanks for the tips. Just bought the game, downloading now. Didn't know they were going to give also the first Dishonored for free!

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Game is pretty damn awesome even with the performance issues. This and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided are my favorite kinds of first-person games, giving you the freedom to play them in a number of different ways. This makes it far more varied and interesting than, say, your average Call of Duty or Battlefield campaign.

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Dunno how they achieved this performance. To make an id tech 5 run soo damn poorly, and with dx11 render and unlocked frames.

Tip: modding a id tech engine, is NOT GOOD !!!

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It seems to run a bit better if you disable Ansel in nvidia inspector dishonored 2 profile.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016

16. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    How do i make this game stop looking so dam blurry all the time. I have maxed out the setting and it is not looking any better for it ??, what am i missing here.

As it stands right now, the first game is looking better than the second game.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So am I the only person not having any issues with this game? Seems to run fine on my rig, haven't bothered messing about with the video settings just went with what ever the game decided was best and yeah nothing standing out as being wrong so far, not as graphically impressive as BF1 but it does the job and has a real gritty grim look all of it's own.

Also what's this rumour about the game needing or using 60Gb of disc space, a quick check of my Steam folder shows the game using only 37Gb?

19. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I'm guessing the 60 GB thing was people that pre loaded the game. Steam needs double the space while it de crypts a pre loaded game.

As for problems. I've had zero issues in terms of bugs or anything. And performance is not anywhere close to unplayable for me at all. I just spent a good 12 hours having a blast. I just find it weird that at ultra settings, at 1080p on a GTX 1080 I get dips to 40-50 FPS every once in a while (only for a split second, and seems totally random). Game is so good though and I got so immersed that I quickly forgot about it, but its something that I hope can improve.

Lots of people, mainly in the steam forums are blowing it outta proportion saying stuff like the game should be pulled like Batman was lol but thats not really a surprise lol

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    First two games? This is the second game, there's only been one before this.
    There were a couple DLC campaigns added to the first game... but that's it. :)

And, once you get past the flood of "DOESN'T RUN GOOD!!" threads and reviews that flood Steam whenever any game comes out, there are lots of people that love this game for the game.

And there's you're answer.
    Tango ran into the same problem when they modified idTech5 for The Evil Within, they also added DX11 support.
    The engine was never intended to use DX at all. It was built entirely around OpenGL.

And, as far as unlocking FPS goes... anytime people have unlocked the FPS on Rage of the Wolf titles, problems pop up.
    idTech5 was designed from the ground up for a 60fps max, for 1:1 latency with controllers. Carmack never intended the engine to ever exceed 60fps.

As he designed the engine for the Xbox 360 specifically, but that generation of consoles. He's said that he never intended idTech5 to be used in the next gen of consoles/games.

Arkane have said roughly only about 20% of the original engine code still exists. They've rewritten everything else.
    But, at it's core, it's an OpenGL based engine that's been Frankenstein-ed to DX support.