Ps4 pro

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Scorch666, Oct 27, 2016.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

last of us looks great

I have to say though, most comparison videos release on popular gaming sites are just simply laughable since no one is able to see the difference.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My Pro is coming tomorrow and I've booked myself a long weekend starting tonight. I've also ordered Dishonored 2 and Rise of the Tomb Raider so I have something new to play on it but I noticed a number of existing games had already downloaded updates, presumably for the Pro (Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, etc).

Just need to backup my existing PS4's 2 TB hard drive to my external drive then I'm all ready to fit the new 2 TB drive in the Pro and restore the backup onto the new machine so I can effectively continue where I last left off on my PS4. I hope at some point that Sony see fit to allow games to be installed to external drives as the Pro has a rear USB 3.0 port which is perfect for hiding one behind the machine (like I do my Xbox One). Even my 2 TB drive is limiting for games and even though I have 76 GB free the PS4 seems to complain about lack of storage space when installing patches nevermind games. For example, Witcher 3 wouldn't update even though I had 90 GB free at one point... this is a game that uses around 45 GB from memory so lord knows why it needs double the storage space to download a 4-5 GB patch at most.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    not sure but u can put both consoles side by side and transfer data. with LAN cable or same wifi network. but wont work if one is connected router via LAN other is on wifi.

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    If you sell it will you have to leave your account on there and if you do sell can you post how much you get.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I want to get one when i purchase an ultrawide monitor, i don't want it downstairs hooked up to our 4K TV cause my parents watch TV alot.

Would it work and run games at 4K with black bars? or would it be stuck at 1080p?
    Either way i could buy a 4K TV later but i don't have the room for it and i'm not mounting it on top of the monitor.

The monitor is 3440x1440 btw.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, you can do that but I can only transfer from a 2 TB drive to another of the same size but the PS4 Pro only comes with a 1 TB drive so it isn't possible for me unless I buy another 2 TB drive to fit in the Pro first.

Backup of my PS4 was done today, all 1.56 TB worth and it took around 10 hours. I will use the Pro tomorrow to try it with the 1 TB drive but I intend swapping out the drive late tomorrow and leaving the new console restoring the backup overnight. Kind of sucks that the whole process is so uber-slow though; I can backup 400 GB on my PC using Acronis True Image in under 2 hours and that is to a 1.5 TB USB 3.0 hard drive.

7. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    I'm jealous. No ETA at the moment for PS4 Pro in our country..

Already sold my PS4 Launch model 2 weeks ago. I backup my files on my SSHD 1TB and ready to restore it on the PS4 Pro..

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I see you own a ultrawide, IF you get your hands on one, could you try it on that monitor and see if games will run at 4K?

9. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Hmmm thinking about it, I don't fancy much sacrificing my PSN account though. As it has every free game since day one linked to it, and more aside.

10. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Just got mine I can say it's a huge improvement in 4k just played 30 mins of the last of us.
    Looking good so far and frame rate is much more steady then before

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Sounds good, what are the noise levels like over the stock PS4?

Can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

12. uncleknacker

uncleknacker Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070
    Does anyone know how it'll work with a 1440p monitor? Would it give a native 1440p image or 1080p upscale image via the PS4 Pro?

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    You'll probably get downsampling from 4K to 1080p on a 1440p screen.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Picked up my PS4 Pro this morning. I haven't had much time to play any games yet. Titanfall 2 is in the post so I can't really test anything, but It runs super quiet.

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Tested quite a few games on mine so far, some games work better than others, Rise of the Tomb Raider and the Skyrim Special Edition both have pretty bad framerate problems that weren't there on the stock PS4. Hopefully those can be ironed out with patches.

Standout game for me so far has been Infamous Second son, already a beautiful game on the stock PS4 but it looks truly impressive with a higher resolution and HDR.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Bought mine at lunch yesterday. Tried Uncharted 4. Not much difference aside from higher resolution (Man that game is boring).

Tried Ratchet and Clank, seems like a higher resolution and definitely AA/AF added.

Infamous Second Son and first light are the real showcase of what old games being properly patched over can achieve.

Rather disappointed there's no patch for Killzone Shadowfall or The Order 1886 (get rid of those black borders) or even Assassins Creed Unity (remember the lag and wasting your $60?)

The HDR in Infamous is ridiculous.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    absolutely only if a patch is made for them, otherwise identical

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I believe each developer needs to patch the title for it to take advantage of the Pro.

19. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Lower framerates on PS4 Pro than Normal PS4
    https://youtu.be/dKWxHu9l5ys

Not sure what their testing method Is but something feels wrong with this console.
    Might be a crossfire profile thing which could be fixed via a firmware update.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Crossfire profile? It's a single GPU with 36 GCN cores, they just disable 18 cores and downclock it to mimic the base PS4.