Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    when does it come out?

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    November 11th.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/4ni...ishonored-2-gone-gold-and-system-requirements

The game is finished, system requirements have also been published.

(Technically HBAO+ works on both NVidia and AMD GPU's though the other effects there do require a recent Nvidia GPU.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i dont even know how and why this game would require i7 and 16gb of ram and we all saw the gameplay footage to be ok and not ground breaking graphics wise, i mean do the devs wake up in the morning : ok we have to set a system requirement for this game, well let s put: i7 and 16gb yes that would work, and they just post it, done......wtf...

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game engine is a heavily modified IDTech5, meaning the one from Rage although going by one of the developers there's only like ~20% of the original code left.

IDTech6 probably wasn't entirely ready when development started and working with Bethesda I guess using a in-house engine was cheaper than negotiation a deal for Cry-Engine or Unreal Engine and then update to newer builds of that throughout development.

Doesn't explain the system requirements though, there's quite a gap between them so either the game scales up really well visually or some of the settings have a pretty hefty performance impact, rat and fly shadows might be worth considering disabling for one thing.
    (Rest of the options are otherwise pretty straightforward far as I can tell, unsure what type of AA it's using though but probably some post-process variant and maybe a temporal variant though it could be MSAA or even SSAA for all I know.)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    here you go then, recommended system requirements for doom 2016
    The BFG 9016:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
    RAM: 8 GB
    coming from pcgamer website. and this is idtech 6 not 5

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I probably wasn't very clear. :)

IDTech5 is a bit of a mess or at least Rage was and if they needed to replace some 80% of the code for what they wanted to achieve for this game then who knows how the engine is working now with those remaining 20% whereas IDTech6 is very well optimized for modern systems and also makes use of more recent rendering API's in the form of a updated OpenGL 4 and then also Vulkan.

It's a bit like Evil Within again, they also heavily modified the IDTech5 engine which well performance was all over the place and it ran OpenGL through DirectX 11 in some odd combo albeit I doubt it's going to be quite as bad with this game.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yeah i see thanks but still doesn t explain the hefty system req

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I guess we'll have to wait and see what the various performance comparisons will show for this game once sites start posting them plus maybe if Nvidia does one of their GeForce.com guides we'll also have a better overview of which settings cause the biggest framerate hit.

It's also possible that they set the system requirements fairly high on purpose just to make sure although due to that there's a pretty heft difference between min and recommended.
    (A lot of games now recommend 16 GB RAM since RAM modules are fairly cheap although RAM usage when measured usually doesn't exceed even 8 in most games unless you really push the settings or resolution, or if there's a memory leak or gradual buildup over longer sessions.)

Doubled RAM and more than doubled VRAM for example, CPU's are still quad core though so even at lower settings I guess CPU demands will be high.
    (Not sure if they use megatexture, guessing not as it would require a lot of changes for what they've done with the rest of the engine so it's probably not related to that.)

EDIT: VRAM for Nvidia being 6 GB and for AMD being 8 GB could have hinted at that but eh I don't think Nvidia has a 8 GB model for the entire Pascal 1000 series GPU's as it's 6 or 12 for the full TitanX far as I remember and similarly AMD doesn't have a 6 GB as it's 4 or 8 for their 480 GPU model.

Guessing texture detail will be pretty good as a result or maybe more for quicker asset streaming, also a good usage I suppose as it's pretty jarring with low-res textures slowly fading out for their high-res counterparts.
    (Same with lod transitions for 3d models or just vegetation and smaller objects just popping-in from nowhere.)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Bethesda have been bloating up system requirements for years.
    Hell, since the first DisHonored actually. Posting requirements much higher then what is actually needed.

I would take these with a grain of salt.
    Remember when Wolf:TNO's requirements came out and said it would require an i7 CPU and people freaked out.
    Then, the game came out and there was almost an endless stream of people posting about their lower end CPU running the game fine.

It just seems to be the Bethesda model these days.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And... ONE MORE WEEK. :)

Very excited. Started a new game in the DLC for the first game, since the antagonist in DisHonored II is from the DLC for the first game.

Bethesda have been doing great, publishing a nice steady stream of great games. From Wolf and The Evil Within, to DOOM and now DisHonored II. And PREY next year.
    Love it. Can't wait for the announcement for Wolf: New Colossus.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I liked the concept of the game and gameplay but hated that it was 1st person view.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    can't wait for that game aswell, gets me back to the wolfenstein atmosphere.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Pre-loading is up.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    pre-load is up , 32gb DL size , maybe 40gb after install

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It... it was said before for all to read. But... as time passed, the information drifted into the abyss...

Until, after many moons a wise man stood and brought the revelation back to the masses!

Sorry. Bored.

17. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I thinking more and more that 90% of the devs don't even care about pc ports. Since new-gen consoles, every game is so much heavier on hardware with no significant improvement. Only few games justified recommended specs. Look at Crysis 3, Witcher 3, GTAV (...) and their texture quality/Vram usage, then compare it with rest of the AAA games.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    GMG had this offer where you get the Definitive Edition upgrade (from standard) for free if you pre-order. Not sure if it's still up but it was a couple of hours ago.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Weird... Steam says the game is released here in the UK on the 11th (Friday) yet below it says the 10th and that the game will unlock in 8 hours which is midnight on the 10th (since it is 4pm on the 9th right now).

So which is it?