Best 1060 6G version (perfomance/cooling/manufacturing) according to your experience?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by TheNyo, Sep 12, 2016.

1. TheNyo

TheNyo Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 G1
    So, i decided to leave my current 19" 720p monitor and get me a 23"-24" 1080p one (BenQ GL2450HM)

To do that i'll have to leave my current Gigabyte 660Ti WFOC and decided to get a 1060 (hopefully it'll last at least for 4-5 years @ 1080p stable 60fps with acceptable quality in the few games i will play... yes i wanted to get 1070 since that would def last longer but it's too expensive yet and who knows for how long it'll be since AMD taking its time to release their top cards)

The problem is i dont know which version i should buy: i wanted to get the Gigabyte G1 Gaming one but i am reading lots of users reporting problems with its fans making weird sounds/noise and coil whine so i am not so sure anymore and went to check for other options, here's the ones i found

MSI GTX 1060 6GT OC (i read it has cooling problems)

Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G (i read it has manufacturing problems causing the fans/coil whine noise)

ZOTAC GTX 1060 AMP! Edition 6G (i read it has cooling problems)

ASUS DUAL GTX1060 O6G

If you have one of those (or know about them) please tell me how they do with perfomance/cooling/manufacturing, that would be appreciated and will help me to choose better... or if you got other suggestions go ahead

Thanks in advance

2. NyanOverlord

NyanOverlord Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2060
    MSI GTX 1060 6GT OC owner here, I own it for about a month.
    Cooling problems...well, I ran 3DMark, Heaven Benchmark and The Witcher 3 - temps usually stay around 71-75C, idle - 33-35C (in hot summer days temps were alot higher - 80-83C with room temperature around 33C) . GPU boosts fine - 1860-1911MHz.
    Keep in mind that my case isn't the very best - Zalman Z1, and I use stock Intel CPU cooler.
    No coil whine, fans are quiet even under load - though they are still spinning while idle.
    Sorry about my English.

3. TheNyo

TheNyo Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 G1
    Isnt 75+ °C way too much for a 1060?

At least that's what i am reading around: lots of MSI 1060 6GT OC are reporting those 75+ °C high temps and people are saying that's too much (that's why i said "cooling problems" in first post)... but i am no expert so i may be wrong, thats why i am asking ^

4. NyanOverlord

NyanOverlord Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2060
    Well, you can't ask too much from card with 1 heatpipe...

5. TheNyo

TheNyo Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 G1
    That's why i am asking for suggestions...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    The asus strix seems to be performing well temp wise, from reviews at least, around 58-60 degrees celsius.

7. rcca

rcca Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6GB
    I read the MSI ran cooler than the Gigabyte GTX 6GB OC, but I just got the Gigabyte today. So far I am happy with it. I don't have any newer games for now. I fly my MS FSX flight sim.It's a memory hog and CPU hog.
    Now I can crank all my settings up, FPS real high, GPU runs 55-60C
    I have the 1st Crysis Game, cranked all setting up, temp. never went over 60c.
    Only had a few hrs. to test a few games for today. GPU fresh installment, no tweaks.
    I have been away for a long while on gaming, been to busy traveling.
    My old Desktop died, got this Cyber power PC had it less than a year, I love it, but don't care for W10.
    Good luck on your decision.
    rcca

8. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Impossible! Do you live in a fridge? You are talking of the single fan version right?