Manufacturers roll out firmware updates for GeForce GTX 1070 due to memory Issue

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 20, 2016.

1. sohei

sohei Guest

GPU:
    1070gtx g1
    bios mismatch f2-f11 gigabyte 1070gtx g1

-i have 1070 g1 with micron memory
    -my default bios is f10 nvidia source 86.04.26.00.56
    -i have upgraded to f11 bios and now nvidia source is 86.04.50.00.7A

so my problem is :
    i have micron memory that runs with samsung memory bios after F11 update

86.04.50.00.7A is for samsung memory :bang:
    86.04.26.00.56 is for micron memory

Gigabyte has a problem with uploded bios files on their servers.

i have checked the f2 bios and is identical with f11 in terms of file size and other specs of file

2. RealismK

RealismK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 8GB
    Thanks m8 :)

3. balane

balane Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The Gigabyte BIOS downloads for me now. Should I flash it to my Micron GTX 1070? Does it do anything to rectify overclocking the memory? I'm not exactly overflowing with trust for Gigabyte at the moment.

4. iceagex

iceagex Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 @ 2100 - 8775
    Just wait a few days more... I'm not quite sure is this new BIOS do something with the Micron issue.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Sounds like it isn't according to Sohei's post above me, it's the Samsung bios mislabeled as Micron....this company is becoming a real joke and based on their emails, they are still pretending that their Micron memory doesn't have any problems.

6. Hellgardia

Hellgardia Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1Gaming
    Actually i think that it is for the Micron card problem but mislabeled as SAMSUNG one. And even TechPowerUp's database shows that bios as compatible with both memory brands.

7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I just gave it a go. It's definitely for Micron. I'll test it out and let you guys know if it fixes things.

8. Hellgardia

Hellgardia Guest

GPU:
    Nice. I will also install it tomorrow and will also post my findings.

9. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super

Well...I don't know what this bios fixes but it doesn't seem to be the Mircon issue. Still getting artifacts. Maybe I just got a bad card? +100 on the core and +350 on the memory gives off mild to severe artifacting. I also should note that raising my core to +120 also gave artifacts even without a memory overclock:3eyes:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  10. Hellgardia

Hellgardia Guest

GPU:
    Did it artefact before with just the core?

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    You mean before updating the bios? Yes nothing changed. Either I got a really bad card or Gigabyte didn't fix the issue. I'm guessing based on the email responses posted here that they didn't fix the issue.

12. Hellgardia

Hellgardia Guest

GPU:
    Yeah i meant if you artifacted before with OC just on the core. Because even without the new bios i had like +150 on the core and it was smooth sailing

13. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Have you increased the voltage any? You probably have a better overclocker than I do or I'm more effected by the micron issue than you are. I'm guessing that raising the core to +120 brought out the instability of the memory for me. This issue with the memory is likely to effect some people more than others but overall every micron model is effected to some degree.

Have you noticed any artifacting? If so, would you mind testing out the new bios and see if it fixes it for you. So far I am the only one who has tested and reported back on here so I'm not sure if it's my card or if the bios doesn't include the fix.

14. Hellgardia

Hellgardia Guest

GPU:
    Apparently it is the BIOS that fixes the issue according to people on the nvidia forum (https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-or-bios-bug-in-micron-memory-1070-cards-/52/)

I will be able to test the new bios in a few hours (3 or 4 probably). After that i'll post here something.

15. iceagex

iceagex Guest

GPU:
    I'm going to test this BIOS in a few hours too.

Atm my card is stable at 2100 core and 8700 mems.....lets find if I can push a bit more that mem.

16. balane

balane Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Will be waiting for a few more confirmations from Gigabyte owners before I flash. Thanks for the testing folks, it is appreciated by us less technically oriented users.

17. iceagex

iceagex Guest

GPU:
    Well....

Card flashed with this "new" BIOS and now it says 86.04.50.00.7A.

The core is stable at 2100 Mhz, but the memory is still crashing. Only an improvement of 100 Mhz (Before 8700 Mhz, now 8800 Mhz)

In my opinion, this is not a fix for Micron memories, but if you wanna try by your own, it's safe (at the moment xD)

18. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    New BIOS from MSI indeed fixes the memory issue.
    Before I could only have +300 on the memory without crashes or artifacts, now I can increase the overclock to +600 stable, with artifacts starting to appear at +650 or more.

19. Hellgardia

Hellgardia Guest

GPU:
    Well after some minor testing i got some results which show improvement over my previous experience. Before, i got checkerboard artifacts even if i added +90 on the memory. I was able to throw +125 on the core and +400 on the memory without crashes so far so that's an improvement for me.

20. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Could you test a little more? I ran a pass through the heaven benchmark and saw no artifacts and I was about to come on here and post that they fixed it but I decided to run the rise of the tomb raider benchmark, dx12 max settings and shortly after the mountain part, a huge freaking black box filled up almost half my screen.:bang:
    Also are you raising the voltage as well as the power limit? I only raised my power limit to 111% and left voltages alone.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016