Microsoft Halts OEM sales of Windows 7 and Windows 8 licenses

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ...this wasn't already like this? MMkkay

3. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    back up all drivers and software with some win 7 iso and your safe from microsofts win 10 but in the end it wouldnt suprise me if they hijack the internet so it will only connect on win 10 devices thats the only real way they can force win 10 on everyone because the hardware you can get around by buying up the ivy bridge and haswell parts

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Are you running some Terrorist branch from you PC?

5. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    Better embrace the future...soon using win7/8 will become as though trying to run Win 98 lol. Lack of support of Win7/8 is inevitable now meaning potential higher vulnerability for those still running it.
    You've already sold most of your data subscribing to all these fora/online stores/phone contracts/tv subscriptions/google/yahoo/facebook/ stop deceiving yourself that only MS Windows do it lol

6. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    haha no i tell u why i dont like win 10
    1) takes a long time to do a fresh install and the loading circle screens which u cant tab out of ur stuck on them screens with creepy messages like were happy you here
    2) too many process running which u cant stop without make it unbootable
    3) cortana the metro menu and the options menu where you uncheck all the apps
    4) the constant updates and messages and the feeling of the computer is controlling you not you in charge of the computer
    5) onedrive microsoft accounts and the windows store microoft edge

the only good point ive seen on win 10 is some games graphics look good on it like gta 5 but thats it but i dont really like anything about windows 10 because i like to use my own software and dont like nag screens and stores on my pc and i like to use mods in games

7. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    lot people still use xp win 7 be around for 10 more years minimum and i facebook i have not use it for 6 years, facebook is very toxic and spyware , i have gmail thats it, this site here guru3d is run well i never had any junk emails from here and it has some useful downloads so i signed up but i dont sign up many websites , also i only support gog games nowadays because they are an honest well run gaming site and drm free

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    1.Takes 10 minutes on a laptop from 2010 with an SSD installing from a usb2.0 drive, so not sure why it's taking you so long.

2.You have a Quad core xeon and 16gb of ram, I'm pretty sure you're not starving for performance.

3.Just disable Cortana, and Windows Search. That's what I did, but even still Cortana is pretty useful as an assistant.

4.XP, 7, and 8 all had constant updates. It's Windows, you're going to have updates all the time. Plus, get with Pro version so you can disable automatic update installs.

5.You do not have to use a Microsoft account with Windows 10 at all. You only need to if you're going to use the app store, or xbox, or any services loaded with Windows 10.

Visually GTA5 is not going to look any different than it would on 7 or 8. It uses the same DX11 API. And Why can't you use mods in games? I have about 20gb worth of mods for Skyrim alone, and mods for COD, TF2, Quake, and some other random games.

9. mmicrosysm2

mmicrosysm2 Guest

GPU:
    8 MB SDRAM
    I can see killing sales of Windows 7 as it is an outdated (but reliable) OS, but Windows 8/8.1 is still a relatively new OS. MS is doing this to push more people onto their Windows 10 platform. Sorry Linux is my next move.

Research Windows 10 Start Menu not working < That is just one of the huge bugs in 10 I see a lot at my business.

10. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    i hope ReactOS will speed up their development, Windows stopt being right choice for operating system.

11. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    Support for win xp has ended so those who still use it are on their own...goodluck to them, so will win 7/8 user be. Gmail...lol.. GOOGLE is everywhere.
    You have your own practices because you may be aware of the practices surrounding personal data but for many this isn't the case and they seem to be the ones that scream out loudest about MS Win 10 having access to data.

12. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    :funny:
    bet you like turtles too

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    [​IMG]

14. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    My next move is Linux too, I don't agree with Microsoft T&C, with their tactics and windows 10 is actually downgrade to me, I can't believe people defend it.

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    So your saying that it is better to agree to Canonical's, Apple's or Google's T&C?

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Might happen the day Google owns it.

17. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Nope, I don't say that. There are many linux distributions. For ex Linux Mint

Also if you put google to this list. I don't provide any personal info in Google Play account, and recently I removed Google Play at all. I use google as a search engine from time to time, with many scripts and addons which prevents tracking and ****. I also don't have any social account besides skype, and since Microsoft bought it, I use it only for calling to foreign countries, because it's way cheaper than other options I have here. I hate Android for it's lack of privacy and ads too. But I don't put any valuable information on my phone and use bare android or cyonogen. Or I just remove tracking services there, as best as I can.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ....what? by what i mean, are you crazy?

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, I can't wait in years to come when the next windows comes out how people will justify it after MS said W10 is last os. I'm sure it'll be something "It's old, we're due an upgrade anyway..." etc. Heck, 10 more years and the sheep will accept a "must be online" os.

20. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    i explain it to you im talking about sitting there on loading screens saying were happy you here i mean its like a sick joke microsoft put in there just to annoy people or loading screens saying were setting your apps up for you and bull**** like this ive been stuck on them a good 3-4 mins i dont want any apps im on a desktop not a phone where as win 7 theres none of that crap i have a tweaked win 7 and i can fresh install it in about 4-5 mins which i do every month clean install