Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Not to have a dig but the first thing you suggested was that this game was as bad as BF4's launch... turns out it was a simple case of refreshing drivers.

2. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury
    For him yeah, I find it hard to believe the 300 people or so in this thread haven't done it... though who knows:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...can_we_have_a_visible_thread_about_cpu_usage/

It's not as bad as BF4, I was just a little peeved when I posted :bang:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    In my opinion people post first, troubleshoot second then never update there posts with solutions. At least you updated your post with the cause of the issue.

Also, aren't the recommended specs an i7 4790? The majority of those reddit posts are from people not meeting the recommended specs so that really isn't a case for a valid complaint. Just a thread full of moaners who want 60fps Ultra but don't want to have to pay for it.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game runs smooth as butter on my system. 80-100FPS at 1440P/Ultra(64 player maps). The requirements nowdays are just marketing BS.

5. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury
    You're right with that, people are quick to complain and absent to provide updates or solutions.

I think the recommended specs for this game are a bit strange, I know of two people with a 2500k and stock 3770 (w/ an AMD 7950) who comfortably hit well above 60, and closer to 100 on low settings. I can understand people being annoyed if they have a beefy i5 overclocked and they're getting stutter, FPS drops and strangely high CPU usage.

6. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    It`s not overclock`s fault if the systems are stable and not overheating, as i am running my system at stock and the real problem is not hitting 60fps, but the FPS drops on some maps down to 40, no matter what the pc hardware is. So this is definitely an engine issue and should be fixed with an upcoming patch.

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    That's the thing though.... previous Battlefield games i at least FELT useful. I usually seemed to spend more time just blowing up tanks than doing anything else, and would even see people rage-quit because of it. Here... there just doesn't seem to be much of any easy way to blow them up.

And i don't think that saying I "just sound bad at the game" explains the issues i seem to experience with the bayonet charge. I pretty much have to be in an open field, with the guy quite far ahead of me, and practically not moving, or also moving in a straight line ahead of me, in order to actually get a kill with it. Otherwise it seems i just end up blowing right past him even IF i'm perfectly lined up for a stab. And that one against the wall aggravated the sh*t out of me when the same exact thing happened to ME not much earlier with a COMPLETELY different result.

8. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I can completely understand the frustration. As you have just said though people with lesser than recommended specs can achieve 60fps so people with this CPU usage 'bug' need to look at there individual systems before blaiming developers and demanding 'fixes'. BF1 multiplayer is a fast paced, unscripted, beautiful looking game and that comes at a cost, unfortunately.

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I've played all the maps 64 players all ultra 1080p and I've never seen the frame rate drop anywhere near 40.

Gotta work as a team to take tanks down or even better get in a tank yourself or a plane as tank destroyer or use mines they do a **** tone of damage or use the HE rounds on artillery (not the air burst that's for infantry and will only dink vehicles)

C4, anti tank nades, k bullets light anti vehicles names (which all classes can have) ... I mean the tools are there a lot of them in fact but team work is needed.

and on the bayonet charge It works fine for me 99% of the time but I've definitely used it once or twice where I've just zoomed past someone even though I was directing right at them. I'm assuming its laggy pingers messing hit boxes up.

10. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    There is a cpu issue and they are aware of it.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i have the i7 6700k and there is no issue whatsover, sitting pretty at 45-55 % usage, i don't know how people are finding problems, maybe overclocking is the issue here...

13. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    nah... those whiner just want the game to downgrade it graphic to accommodate them. As soon as they see 60fps, that's all that matter. TWO damn freaking digits in text to sacrifice all the eyes candy. smdh. ... I start to believe the way to see the game it meant to be seen is pre-ordering and beat the game before patch 3 come out... as the game will eventually downgrade it graphic for the crybaby that think i5 is super computer.

14. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Ive seen the issue on 6700k, i5 6600k, 4690k and a 2500k.

Ive had two rigs side by side with same cpu one has issues the other doesn't.

And as i said its with higher end cards too. Dpu tops out before the gpu limiting the card.

Tested with 1080 sli, 1080, 1070, 980ti sli, 980ti and a 970.

970 was maxing out before the cpu on ultra.

15. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Dice are aware but what the actual issue is I do not know

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    there is no cpu nor gpu topping out, gpu usage is 70% and cpu usage 45-55 % so no issues whatsoever here...people need to check their overclocking as they may be over doing it and this game is sensitive to overdone overclocking....

17. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury
    Or more than likely, the game needs a patch. :)

18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So a patch that fixes nothing of note, the infinite reload, useless gun after revive and character jumping around when in prone are all still present along with a new bug were the character reward screen doesn't show after the match also am I the only one that thinks the chat window should stay active between matches? It really is hard to talk smack in the ten seconds you get after a round before it disappears.

Behemoths need to be turned down as well. Three rounds so far in which I've been on the winning team, not an utter run away victory but enough to trigger the Behemoth and then the whole thing goes to utter sh*t with us then loosing by around 30 or 40 tickets.

19. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Why would overclock cause High cpu usage?

I think we are talking about separate issues.

20. max2

max2 Member Guru

I will be on Discord tonight hope to see you all there! :)