Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I had a blast playing on the Weekend. I think even some of you joined a game I was in.

However I came across a weird bug, when I die and get revived, my weapon is being displayed right in front of me and I can't fire the Weapon, I have to cicle the Weapon around in order to "reset" it on the right place.

Other then that, haven't had such a good time in a Long time with a bf game.

Sinai Dessert is a Map I can't be really friends with..I love pretty much all other maps!

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Would you guys recommend this game for someone new to multiplayer shooters aka me?

I understood this is less twitchy than CS:GO for example and apparently less "out there" than previous Battlefield or COD.
    Having grown up with Doom I'm accustomed to shooters but only recently getting into the whole multiplayer thing (thanks to The Division).

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    http://bf1stats.com/

PC players are a minority...for the time being. We surpassed all platforms but PS4 on BF4 :p

4. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Definitely recommend it.

@ Neverwinter, I know many people on PC cancelled their pre-order due to the whole 3rd party and local server support.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    DX12 seems very crash-prone on my system using 2560x1440 Ultra settings. I've only been briefly playing the campaign (about 30 minutes in total) and so the game has crashed to the desktop both times I've played it. That's once with the v375.57 driver and once with v375.63.

Anyone playing this on DX12 and having a stable experience? Or is everyone using DX11?

P.S. All other games are stable, including DX12 ones (Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, etc).

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Seems to be a common issue going by the BF1 forum discussion, as they just released a patch for the game said forum is slow as hell (And they haven't posted the changelog yet so a lot of users are probably "F5'ing" the website too slowing it down further. :p ) but there was a several pages long topic about this problem for Nvidia GPU's and playing the game with the DirectX 12 API enabled.

EDIT: 56 pages currently.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...-statement-from-ea-24-10-16-01-14-cest#latest

7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I was unstable but eased up on my CPU OC.
    BF1 pushes the CPU to the max (bug or not). Not sure if you are overclocking your CPU...and yes, all my other games were stable but BF1 said no, you ain't stable.

It's been documented that BF1 is running CPU 100% on all cores.
    Before you start blaming Nvidia and Dice first run your CPU at stock.

8. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Yeah had this a few times also, only way to get it to 'un-jink' is cycle to secondary and back again. I had another weird one were pressing reload would cause the gun to auto fire like 4-5 rounds!? I had to redeploy to sort that out!

I would whole heartily recommend this game, the learning curve is the funnest part. You will die a lot when you start out like everyone does, but the satisfaction of learning and becoming better is so rewarding. It will have you grinning from ear to ear the more you play.

Apart from the learning curve the atmosphere, sounds, graphics and weapons really put the experience above all other shooters I've played. It really is a joy :)

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks, asked because this game caught my attention unlike previous recent Battlefield games.
    Watched some letsplays too and seems cool enough! Maybe I'll pick it up for Xmas unless the MP community (PC) vanishes completely...

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Same thing happened to me also, but other than that no crashes at all.

I again played in some shaity teams.This is a game for team play, so people PTFO! and use your class well. :D

11. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Will never happen.

12. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury
    Hope it's fixed soonish.

DICE seem to have gotten a free pass for this launch but this is Battlefield 4 levels of ****.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    update 700 mb and 400mb

14. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Holy snap those numbers. While PC is not in the lead, it is still looking good.

15. Mbi2011

Mbi2011 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Here are the details of the Battlefield 1 Update 10242016. Unless specifically noted, these updates apply to all platforms.

General
    Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
    Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
    Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
    Fixed an issue where players were missing “The Insider” Dog Tag.
    Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
    PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
    PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
    PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
    Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.

UI
    Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
    Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
    Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
    PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.

Graphics
    Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
    Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
    PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
    PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.

The Teams at EA/DICE

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This game is so much fun. But the Airship gets bugged on almost every game I play in Operations mode. In one game, anyone who spawned in the airship was immediately killed and in another it was unable to be moved so it just sat there hovering in one spot the entire time.

Other than that this is one of the prettiest games I've seen in a long time. The jungle level looks amazing.

17. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    not true. my system is stable. but DX12 will not play nice.. alt tab with it running, crash.. . fullscreen with it running crash.. this is with clean drivers & no overclock, and also happens with overclocks..

something is up with the DX12 side of the game.

18. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    there are issues, but this is nowhere near as bad as BF4.. That game was literally broken for 6 months. And the conquest 64 player modes didn't even work for the first couple of weeks. The rubber banding was BRUTAL!

19. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I mean that's a cry for attention comment if I've ever seen one. I feel appalled in myself for even replying.... :bang:

Who the hell is playing this on PC with a controller :3eyes:

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Wait, is this a new sustainable source of energy? It's incredible! :nerd:

I love BF1 so much, the map are out of this world, outstanding job.

People complain about snipers quite a bit, but i've never seen smoke grenade as effective as in BF1. They work so damn well.