battlefield 1 dx12 crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mehdi, Oct 21, 2016.

1. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    Doubt it.

2. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 380x X2
    They had multi-GPU for Mantle in both BF4 and BFH, and it runs beautifully with the right drivers. Noticeably less CPU stress than DX11, which really improved minimum frame rates.

So that makes me think it's something that can be achieved. And if DICE doesn't do it, I don't know who will.

3. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    But mantle was support from day one, wasn't it? They worked with AMD to achieve it.

4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    speaking of dx11 cfx the amd profile needs some tuning.
    even in 16.10.2 there is a flickering occuring in some lighting situations. (mostly water and reflective surfaces would flicker in some isolated situations)
    this doesn't happen in BF4 or battlefront which happen to be the same engine main version.

5. bb12489

bb12489 Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Unfortunate to see others having the same issues as I am, but it's good to know i'm not alone! Crossfire performance on my R9 290's is horrendous. Flickering makes it pretty uncomfortable as well. I'm actually getting way better performance out of a single 290 than both. Sad....

6. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Exactly same. One powerful card for me. Like titan x pascal +25% more performance.

7. mao5

mao5 Guest

Totally agree, The scenes in sp is much more beautiful than the mp, So I don't understand why my 7970CF runs like a **** in maps of mp

8. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 380x X2
    You don't have flickering surfaces in single player? Are you playing on Ultra?

9. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX

I feel your pain man. After years of running a pair of 5870s, 6970s, and a 7990 I finally swapped out my 7990 for a 1070GTX last week.

Better performance for me even when the 7990 was working properly. Never thought I'd own an nvidia card after the last Geforce 4 but AMD is having a real hard time right now.

1070 for you would be 10% increase in performance but if you factor in you'll get a little more than the theoretical 290 crossfire performance across the board rather than hit or miss, it might ease your pain if you don't want to spend the cash but would like to step away from the crossfire issues like I did.

A 1080 would be your sweet spot for a 25% increase upgrade overall. Pascel X even more if you got money to throw away. Unless the 490 gives us something to play with.

I'm done with multi GPUing. Even nvidia has pulled the plug on tri and quad SLI only offering suppoprt for 2 cards only. The pretty much admit that there just isn't any real benefit from using more than 2 cards. Not even offering driver support anymore. I suspect AMD will do the same thing.

10. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I have a FreeSync monitor and i want to keep using it. So no Nvidia for me ;)

11. mao5

mao5 Guest

Sometimes I have sometimes I don't have, I don't know the reason

12. mao5

mao5 Guest

When I playing battlefield 4, the scaling of my 797CF is pretty damn good,So I think we have to wait for better game patches and better catalyst drivers:puke2:

13. mao5

mao5 Guest

The first patch of battlefield one is coming out, It seems to fix the CF problem so far in MP.:banana:

14. mortenv

mortenv Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 295x2 / 8 GB plz
    Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 looks like a haircomb even after the patch. Clocks are stable, no throttle, dx11 295x2 crossfire. latest drivers. In dx12 cpu delay is lower, but gpu averages a couple of ms higher.

15. mortenv

mortenv Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 295x2 / 8 GB plz
    you thought the flicker was bad enough? what about thermonuclear bomb in the middle of the map?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also had a lot of white horizontal bars sweeping over the screen the whole match, but for some reason msi afterburner couldn't catch it.

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    That problem is not related to CrossFire. I had the same problem in single card mode. Its some kind of lightning bug. I only get it on that map and it makes the match unplayable, because it stays that way until the match ends.

17. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    wow what a joke things are practically worse with the new 16.10.3 drivers do they even test them unbelievable

18. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    nope. Just leave AMD, they are so broken and not giving any ****s anymore. I'm selling up, getting rid of Freesync and going to Nvidia. Least they release huge performing single cards on a regular basis.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

20. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    [​IMG]